Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011 | 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i can next weekend. we are going to michigan to visit mother-in law for mothers day.
Old May 4, 2011 | 11:58 AM

Thanks for the replies guys!

Originally Posted by AMSevo8man
I could help you out. I'm in Dayton right now. I leave tomorrow though. If you want help just give me a shout. 859-536-9108. I've been around Paul many times and helped him out with some stuff. I'm no where near on his level though. I go to Sinclair and I have finals tomorrow. Should be done with bother before noon.
So do you live up in this area now? (I just noticed that your avatar says NKY.)

Originally Posted by Fractur3
I wouldn't mind helping either. I have a few tools in my Parents garage in West Chester. I'm moving out of this apartment in a month and will then acquire my own garage (woot woot!) so I could be of better help then.
Nice, where are you getting a garage??

Originally Posted by armysoldier1073
UD... if your able to do it on the weekends, im in the military and we can get your car in on base and use the auto skills center. lift rental is $6 an hour. i'll help you. have done all what your talking about including the dreeded o2 eliminator DP. during the week the shop is open from 2pm till 1030 wed-fri. weekends it is open till 4pm. I have an X though so not sure how much of the stuff is different in terms of replacing but will help. this offer goes for anyone, if you need a lift let mek now, can get you in on base they have tools and ust about everything. they also turn rotors and mount and balance tires ( both the tires and rotors cost for them to do, but not anything expensive). can do tranny fluid, rear diff and transfer and oil while it in the air if you want.
$6/hour?! Thats amazing. I work right near airway rd and smithville, and live by the Greene. Sounds very possible. Again, I'm not ready to move on anything right now... I just know there are a few things on the list that I want to do now that the weather is warming up. (However now the constant rain needs to stop!!!) In a side note, I bottomed out on the grass area of my work parking lot and did a little damage to my lip... may be in the market for one of those.

How about a meet soon? Meet at the Greene?
Old May 4, 2011 | 04:39 PM

You guys that need help and a garage to work in, I am always willing to help and meet other Evo owners. I live in Wilmington about 30 mins. from Dayton. I have quite a few tools and very mechanically inclined. I also have a plasma cutter and welders. If you need help tuning I cannot do that yet. Right now I have my 96 turbo Mustang in the garage but I can move it out. We also have a few car guys that meet up on sat. nights, we have 2 AWD dsm's and several mustangs and a TT Camaro that dynoed 889 hp, but the Camaro is currently down. Just let me know, love to help anybody.

Last edited by 4g63Boostjunkie; May 4, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old May 5, 2011 | 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

UD just let me know when.
Old May 5, 2011 | 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Kingo I dont live in dayton. I just go to school up there. I live in northern ky. Very close to paul. But I can make the trip to dayton in about an hour. Depending on traffic
Old May 5, 2011 | 10:09 AM

A little update on my car. My center diiff was seized, i guess i did have the dreaded pin failure. Going to coast me $1700 bucks to have that rebuilt. Funny thing is that they sware it has nothing to do with the noise. They still say its the springs in the clutch that is making all that noise. I Went ahead and ordered a new stage 1 clutch disc. I think the stage 3 helped contribute to the pin failure, plus i cant stand the chatter. Sucks cuz that clutch is only 5 months old.
They didn't hear the noise in the rear diff, so i don't think they are working on that. I hope the seized center diff was making the rear make that noise, and fixing the center diff stops the noise coming from the rear.
Old May 6, 2011 | 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by 4g63Boostjunkie
You guys that need help and a garage to work in, I am always willing to help and meet other Evo owners. I live in Wilmington about 30 mins. from Dayton. I have quite a few tools and very mechanically inclined. I also have a plasma cutter and welders. If you need help tuning I cannot do that yet. Right now I have my 96 turbo Mustang in the garage but I can move it out. We also have a few car guys that meet up on sat. nights, we have 2 AWD dsm's and several mustangs and a TT Camaro that dynoed 889 hp, but the Camaro is currently down. Just let me know, love to help anybody.
My company delivers to Wilmington College and Clinton Memorial, so I have idea where you are. Once I get closer to actually buying some stuff, I'll see who's schedule works best and go from there.

Originally Posted by armysoldier1073
UD just let me know when.
Originally Posted by AMSevo8man
Kingo I dont live in dayton. I just go to school up there. I live in northern ky. Very close to paul. But I can make the trip to dayton in about an hour. Depending on traffic
How about the three of us rent a couple of bays and just have some fun?
Old May 6, 2011 | 09:29 AM

Whenever and wherever you guys decide to do this I would like to be there if possible. As long as it is on a weekend I can be there usually. I could use a little learning session on these cars.
Old May 6, 2011 | 09:44 AM

How about May 21? After that I wont be around until about June 11+
Old May 6, 2011 | 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63Boostjunkie
Where do u guys meet?
Old May 6, 2011 | 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UD Kingo
How about a meet soon? Meet at the Greene?
Theres normally one across the street from the green in the kmart parking lot on Fridays. Im gonna head up there tonight around 10ish if ur interested.
Old May 6, 2011 | 03:17 PM

I am up for a meet as long as it is on a sat., I cannot take a friday off right now because I am the only one on my shift, crappy 2nd. I work in maintenance and we had a guy quit so I am working alone and it makes it tough to get a friday off but it can be done. I will meet as long as I have directions and no rain, too picky to take my car out in bad weather for now.
Old May 6, 2011 | 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Fractur3
Paul, now that Osama is dead, do you get to come home early?
Unfortunately no. But, I will get to come home for a couple weeks visit here soon.

Seems like you all have big plans this year. Everyone is modding and tuning. Soon there won't be a stock Evo in the city. Who is shooting for 10s this year? I wanna see some slips.

Oh and get this...I am teaching a guy in Kuwait how to tune cars. He said the car scene there is out of control. They need tuners and mechanics like crazy. He even offered me a "job". Ha, not no, but hell no.

In other news...I have almost $2500 worth of new Jeep parts waiting for my return. My little black heap of american metal is going to get a full make over.

As it looks right now, I will be unemployed upon my return from the land of sand so if any of you need my "skills" I will be available this October.

Paul
Old May 7, 2011 | 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by RalliMark
Where do u guys meet?
The guy with the TT Camaro was going up to the Greenes last year, but the rest of us meet up here in town and just sit around and shoot the bull.

Paul I will need your skills, you can teach me to tune if you are willing when you get back.
Old May 7, 2011 | 06:22 PM

Hey guys. Proud new owner of an phantom black evo MR. Im looking into getting the high rise spoiler instead of lip spoiler thats currently on there. Before i drill the trunk, is there anyone out there that would like to swap trunks?

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***