Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011 | 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AMSevo8man
^ good word of advice. and it would be wise to listen.... Anywho... If no one has anything to do this saturday, which is the 21st, there is a cruise in at Sinclair in dayton. As I have mentioned before. From 1-4 and anyone is welcome. Would like to see some evos show up. If you do come.. just look for the Camo toyota pick up.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...42561529146976
The address to this is 444 W. Third st. Dayton, Ohio 45402, at least this is the address to Sinclair College so it should be close. I might go, but I might take my son fishing since it will be nice out. I will leave it up to him.

Last edited by 4g63Boostjunkie; May 18, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old May 20, 2011 | 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Its on the other side of the river from the main campus
Old May 20, 2011 | 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UD Kingo
I could possibly come down. I'll be at the Jason Aldean concert Friday night and then going out in Cincy, so as long as I'm not too hungover, I'll head over.
Ha alright sounds good man!! I think the concert was canceled actually. I could be wrong.
Old May 20, 2011 | 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

As of this week, Id like to introduce you to my newest vehicle. Some of you may have seen it driving around as the guy lives by northgate mall. Used to have several decals on it and stock evo 8 wheels. Did some clean-up and a set of rims I had and here she is. This is acutally my wifes and will eventually be our track car.

Ill have some better pictures next week.
Old May 20, 2011 | 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crashway2many
Hey Brad, I took my car up to shepherd transmissions to get that noise checked out and get my Diff pins replaced. John drove my car and said that noise was that springs in the clutch. He said he couldn't recommend a clutch that wouldn't make that noise other than a stock one. I didn't know clutch chatter could be so loud. I still not totally convinced that its just simple clutch chatter. Maybe when they crack the tranny they will find somthing
Do you have a video or audio of this noise? Both the evos at the house have a release bearing chattery noise I'm trying to diagnose. Not any huge urgency but would like to know.

Brad that new rig looks good. I wouldn't mind a red one in the driveway

Last edited by heel_touge; May 20, 2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old May 20, 2011 | 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Brad will you let me drive that one? hah!

Meanwhile, the 240 project is coming along nicely. Got the rest of the interior stripped out, started wire wheeling all of the sound deadening out. God that **** gets EVERYWHERE!!! I have a full Brembo brake kit waiting to go on, all the suspension is here, just need wheels, tires, and a driveline and I'm good to go.
Old May 21, 2011 | 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Brad the new evo looks good. I think isaw you earlier this week on the AA highway. You were at the light right before you go under 275 and I was accross the intersection.
Old May 21, 2011 | 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys. The red is growing on us, but will likely be satin black next winter. I live just south of 275 off AA so it was likely me. We'll have it out at the meets when we get one going.
Ryan, your chances of driving this one are better, but still not as good. Have to ask the wifey!
Old May 21, 2011 | 11:17 AM

Sorry about the Late Notice, but there is a Cruise-in at Zerolift Autolab from 8pm - 12am tonight 5/21/2011.

100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, Ohio

It's supposed to be nice out and its an organized event so there shouldn't be any BS going on. Come on out, would like to meet some of you guys.
Old May 21, 2011 | 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackevolution8
As of this week, Id like to introduce you to my newest vehicle. Some of you may have seen it driving around as the guy lives by northgate mall. Used to have several decals on it and stock evo 8 wheels. Did some clean-up and a set of rims I had and here she is. This is acutally my wifes and will eventually be our track car.

Ill have some better pictures next week.

looks good brad, get back from the beach already!!!
Old May 21, 2011 | 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering about zerolift and if they are legit as that would save me some gas not having to drive all the way to buschurs. if anyone goes that would be cool if yous could post up some pictures / point of views on them.
Old May 21, 2011 | 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3grst01
I was wondering about zerolift and if they are legit as that would save me some gas not having to drive all the way to buschurs. if anyone goes that would be cool if yous could post up some pictures / point of views on them.
never heard of them, but if you are in the cincinnati area, people are recommending Turn In Concepts in fairfield.

Hit up blackevolution8 from a couple posts above.
Old May 21, 2011 | 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

huh thanks man. I just looked up their site. Looks like they are mainly subaru based. Oh well I'll just be needing some intercooler pipe welded up possibly like few months.
Old May 21, 2011 | 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3grst01
huh thanks man. I just looked up their site. Looks like they are mainly subaru based. Oh well I'll just be needing some intercooler pipe welded up possibly like few months.
Yeah they specialize in Subaru suspension parts, but Brad owns 2 evos currently (been trough like 4-5?) and he know's anything and everything about mitsu's. I've just heard too much shady **** about zerolift, the place it nice and it seems like they might be trying to re do their image but its still too damn shady for me. Which is really a shame, because it looks like it could be a badass shop.
Old May 22, 2011 | 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

hey my name is Sagar and i thought id check in, i dont live in sw ohio but theres more going on in this thread than in the other ohio one. I drive an GG evo 9 with bolt ons and im currently going to osu. I was wondering if any of you guys have done a clutch swap or would be willing to lend a hand, my stock one just went out and i miss driving the evo since my beater is nowhere near as fun to drive.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***