Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011 | 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time guys....been busy with work and that thing called life. I have spent a lot of time in Ga and back "home" in Cleveland this past summer. I figured I get on here and see whats been going on.

Should we get a kart gathering scheduled? The new karting place is nice and of course a blast. I am too lazy right now to look back and see if you guys have done this recently so if you have, please forgive me.

Also, I see there is some kind of detail event coming up at the local subie shop. Many of you guys goin? I'll throw it out there right now that I do not allow anyone to rub on my paint (wax, clay, soap, ***, towel). I pulled this car out of a dealer show room back in 06 and the rub downs have always been done to my standards. My clay bar sessions usually span a few days...Nothing against those subie guys

Finally, does anyone have a timing belt tension tool (or has a welder)? Also, I was hoping to find a cam gear wedge. I am looking to change the timing belt soon and really don't feel like buying (or making) a once every 60k type of a tool.
Old Nov 13, 2011 | 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had my subaru buffed from a person I know and it turned out better than it was. I had to get it buffed for the set of vinyls I'm putting on it. Also I seen a gray evo with black hood stripe when I was pulling out of UDF near Indian Hill in the subaru and beeped to say hi . I figured I would post up and see if it was anyone on here .
Old Nov 13, 2011 | 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63 4EVR
Should we get a kart gathering scheduled? Also, I see there is some kind of detail event coming up at the local subie shop. Many of you guys goin? I'll throw it out there right now that I do not allow anyone to rub on my paint (wax, clay, soap, ***, towel). I pulled this car out of a dealer show room back in 06 and the rub downs have always been done to my standards. My clay bar sessions usually span a few days...Nothing against those subie guys
The detail meet isnt other people cleaning your car. We just provide a space for people to wash/detail their own car before winter as well as a place to meet up and hang out. There will also be UNOs pizza for lunch ($5/person).

As far as I know there are a few evo's showing up. A couple BMW's.
But mostly subarus. Its not a Subaru specific meet. As long as you arent a ***** that will come in and run your mouth (which we will ask you to leave), youre welcome to come.
Old Nov 13, 2011 | 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Come on out, I know there will at LEAST be 2 evo X's, maybe 4 but the other two guys are being spotty.
Old Nov 14, 2011 | 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

I gotta work at 2 in Dayton but I love Unos I might stop down.
Old Nov 16, 2011 | 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I will be in cinci friday saturday and sun not in the evo any thing going on that i can maybe swing by for a little bit
Old Nov 16, 2011 | 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my paint isn't worth detailing haha
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prowakeskater
my paint isn't worth detailing haha
Stop on out anyway and grab some UNOs and say hi. You dont have to detail your car to show up.
Old Nov 18, 2011 | 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

I'll probably be down. Might get some Subis from here to come.
Old Nov 18, 2011 | 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Just a heads up if you guys are gonna detail you need to pay in advance. Just to make sure we have enough supplies.
Old Nov 18, 2011 | 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackevolution8
The detail meet isnt other people cleaning your car. We just provide a space for people to wash/detail their own car before winter as well as a place to meet up and hang out. There will also be UNOs pizza for lunch ($5/person).

As far as I know there are a few evo's showing up. A couple BMW's.
But mostly subarus. Its not a Subaru specific meet. As long as you arent a ***** that will come in and run your mouth (which we will ask you to leave), youre welcome to come.
Based on what I read, it sure sounded to me like it was an assembly line with everyone helping each other out to get it knocked out quickly. I never assumed that I wouldn't be getting my hands dirty as it sounded to me like a team effort.

Also, I am taking your comment as a general statement and not one directed at me. Honestly, I don't know anyone on this specific thread that goes to events to run their mouths, maybe times have changed...

I hang out with the Subies more than I do than with Evos, just like last night at QS where I was a loner. I can tell you trash talks usually go both ways, hope you ask people to leave regardless of who they are.
Old Nov 18, 2011 | 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63 4EVR
Based on what I read, it sure sounded to me like it was an assembly line with everyone helping each other out to get it knocked out quickly. I never assumed that I wouldn't be getting my hands dirty as it sounded to me like a team effort.

Also, I am taking your comment as a general statement and not one directed at me. Honestly, I don't know anyone on this specific thread that goes to events to run their mouths, maybe times have changed...

I hang out with the Subies more than I do than with Evos, just like last night at QS where I was a loner. I can tell you trash talks usually go both ways, hope you ask people to leave regardless of who they are.
No Brad probably wasn't just addressing you, just a general statement.

Playful banter is different that just being a complete tool, if someone is acting like a tool they will be asked to leave. I don't foresee us having a problem like that though so don't worry about it.
Old Nov 18, 2011 | 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
No Brad probably wasn't just addressing you, just a general statement.

Playful banter is different that just being a complete tool, if someone is acting like a tool they will be asked to leave. I don't foresee us having a problem like that though so don't worry about it.
No worries. I really do understand where he was coming from. Too often the best of gatherings are hampered with drama, we have all seen it. Sounds like you guys have a fun gathering planned for tomorrow. Unfortunately, I might not be able to come since I have to start looking for a new daily driver. I was planning on coming for the fun. If I end up driving by, I'll stop in.

My Buick is in a coma right now and I think I am going to pull the plug. Rust just doesn't help low milage (1990 with 70k original). Is anyone aware of any good deals (on 2000-2006 cars)?
Old Nov 18, 2011 | 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Another thing....does anyone know if any local spare sets of rim/tires for sale? Looking for something cheap, nothing special to put on incase I need to drive the Evo in the winter.

Paul, as far as I know you aren't around here right now, if you read this, did you ever sell those Migs?
Old Nov 22, 2011 | 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Let me know if any of you are interested in these parts. I can get pics as needed.

http://highboostforum.com/forum/show...759#post185759

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***