Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013 | 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw some other evo's at street life tour last weekend, anyone from here go?
Old Sep 26, 2013 | 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

No, is anyone going to IFO?
Old Oct 8, 2013 | 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

Last edited by jkim2001; Nov 2, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2013 | 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Man everyone is selling their cars and I'm trying to get mine up and running (again). Soon as I figured out this intercooler / intercooler piping issue with this vendor I'll be good to go.

Question for you -- why would you sell someone an upgraded and much LARGER intercooler and then sell them (well SHIP them) IC piping for the stock intercooler? Any ideas on that one??

but I am still around -- so the next cruise in or whatever let me know. Planning on heading up to Pure Tuning on the 26th of this month to get tuned by Keith. Hoping this 2.4 will put down some power with the CBRD BBK-B turbo. We shall see!

Oh, if anyone is interested. I'm selling my stock turbo. Recently rebuilt and asking $400. If you know anyone interested could you just refer them to this thread: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4120096892

Thanks and talk to you all soon!
Old Oct 12, 2013 | 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Last edited by jkim2001; Nov 2, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Hey gang, I have a few other things to sell here -- if anyone is interested.

Brand new Evo X Turbo XS Kit -- not even out of the box (but the box was opened. Normally $500 + $26 shipping. I'll let it go for $450 if i have to ship it or $400 if picked up locally.

I will be selling my GSC S2 cams. $350
I still have that stock turbo up above.

Until then -- what is everyone up to? I finally have the car running and looking to meet up!

Last edited by Kronik; Oct 27, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you get tuned?
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Kronik are the s2's for the X?
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prowakeskater
did you get tuned?
Yes, I did. Got it tuned at Pure Tuning in Toledo, OH. Yesterday, actually.

I learned a few things this past weekend: found out that my PCV valve was bad when the dip stick shot out of the car and covered the dyno bay in oil. With the results we have, and the experience he has with these particular cars, he tells me i have a restriction somewhere in the air flow department. I was told that it is either my cams, o2 housing, or intake (or a combination of any of them) is causing my problem. No matter what we did we couldn't make the peak HP go up. The results aren't terrible but he said there should be more on the table.

383 tq / 367 hp on a Mustang Dyno.

The build:

2.4l with forged internals: scat h beams, wiseco hd pistons, 1000 cc injectors, 320 lph fuel pump, gsc s2 cams, manley springs, cbrd bbk-b turbo, aem intake, hallman mbc, turbosmart bov, turbo xs ic piping and ic.

Throwing more boost at the car only fattened the lower end (below 5,500) but didn't change the peak. So throwing that more boost at it would only stress it more. We tried 23 lbs and it didn't help. So running 21 right now. I was hoping for 27 on pump gas. But if it doesn't change the peak what's the point of beating on the car like that?

Honestly, I was disappointed. But hey, after ten very long months without a car, i have a running car and can fix this stuff later. But I won't lie. It's eating at me. Knowing what potential is left on the table.

Last edited by Kronik; Oct 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
Kronik are the s2's for the X?
No, they are for an 8. Sorry. But the IC Piping I mentioned is for the X! Tell your friends if you don't want it.
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

I still might take the cams for my 8
Old Dec 4, 2013 | 01:13 PM

I am new to the Evo world, bought a 2013 X, really want to get a tune. Any recomendations? Nothing crazy just getting a lift over factory tune.
Old Dec 4, 2013 | 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bhlewis81
I am new to the Evo world, bought a 2013 X, really want to get a tune. Any recomendations? Nothing crazy just getting a lift over factory tune.
Well I wouldn't recommend a purchase over the net tune. Every car is different. I'd recommend spending the coin to get it tuned by a professional. I went up to Pure Tuning in Toledo (and I'm going back again after I get the 02 housing) and worked with Keith Franklin. He really knows his stuff and the car is incredible right now.

I'd highly recommend their work -- if that isn't an option I would then recommend a street tune.
Old Dec 5, 2013 | 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

I could use some trouble shooting help here -- I'm at a loss at what could be causing this mystery noise, aka "clunking", I'm hearing in my car.

It only happens at low speed on non even surfaces and over speed bumps -- I hear this clunking that sounds like the lug nuts are not tight. I have pulled the wheel off twice lately and tightened the lugs down to 85 lbs.

A bit of history though: I have replaced the ball joint on that side since it was torn (replaced with the Whiteline Roll Center Kit -- amazing by the way!), I had the end link on that side recently break and that was just replaced with Whiteline End Links on all 4 corners -- yet I'm still getting this damn noise!

Only thing I haven't checked yet is the suspension strut bearing (i guess that's what you call it). Stock suspension top bearings were originally grinding so I had both sides replaced. Could those top mounts make a clunking noise if they are either too tight or not tight enough??

Everything else on the suspension is solid. None of the bolts are lose on the suspension. The LCA is tight, pinch bolt is tight, end links nuts are self tightening and they are tight -- any suggestions????
Old Dec 6, 2013 | 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kronik
I could use some trouble shooting help here -- I'm at a loss at what could be causing this mystery noise, aka "clunking", I'm hearing in my car.

It only happens at low speed on non even surfaces and over speed bumps -- I hear this clunking that sounds like the lug nuts are not tight. I have pulled the wheel off twice lately and tightened the lugs down to 85 lbs.

A bit of history though: I have replaced the ball joint on that side since it was torn (replaced with the Whiteline Roll Center Kit -- amazing by the way!), I had the end link on that side recently break and that was just replaced with Whiteline End Links on all 4 corners -- yet I'm still getting this damn noise!

Only thing I haven't checked yet is the suspension strut bearing (i guess that's what you call it). Stock suspension top bearings were originally grinding so I had both sides replaced. Could those top mounts make a clunking noise if they are either too tight or not tight enough??

Everything else on the suspension is solid. None of the bolts are lose on the suspension. The LCA is tight, pinch bolt is tight, end links nuts are self tightening and they are tight -- any suggestions????
Stock suspension? Aftermarket coil overs use cheap ball bearings on their top hats which will pop and make noise over small bumps.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***