Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2006 | 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys, I broke a rear axle sunday, so my car is down as well. Getting driveshop stg 2

Also, I'm trying to get some interest in the 6GunRacing ball joint relocator for teh suby to get made for the evo. It lowers the ball joint 1.5" to help with suspension geometry on lowered cars. It is an amazing piece of engineering. My sponsor, Turn In Concepts (TIC), run by Tony Barber (which some of you know from autox) and Clint Boggess, brought this to my attention, as something that would really help my car at autox and on the track with camber changes. If anyone is interested, I can post a link to NASIOC.com's forums to the thread where they talk about it (if you go there and search for 6gunracing ball joint relocator, go to the Turn In Concepts thread about it).

I really want this piece, and would like to get them to build it for the evo.
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Invoice EVO
Hey Chris, was that the first time you went autocrossing when you rode along with me at the Winged Warrior event?

Get your car together man, I know you can't wait to it's running properly. Good luck.
yup

you popped my cherry

(that sounds so wrong)
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DizzyTT
guys, I broke a rear axle sunday, so my car is down as well. Getting driveshop stg 2

Also, I'm trying to get some interest in the 6GunRacing ball joint relocator for teh suby to get made for the evo. It lowers the ball joint 1.5" to help with suspension geometry on lowered cars. It is an amazing piece of engineering. My sponsor, Turn In Concepts (TIC), run by Tony Barber (which some of you know from autox) and Clint Boggess, brought this to my attention, as something that would really help my car at autox and on the track with camber changes. If anyone is interested, I can post a link to NASIOC.com's forums to the thread where they talk about it (if you go there and search for 6gunracing ball joint relocator, go to the Turn In Concepts thread about it).

I really want this piece, and would like to get them to build it for the evo.
How did you break an axle at such a low power level?
I've never heard of that. I've only seen people with 450+ whp do it.
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Any of you guys do track days? I registered for the NASA HPDE at Putnam Park on Oct 7th. I assume they will have lots of spots because their real season ends this weekend at the NASA championships at Mid Ohio. This will be my first track day at Putnam and my first track day in a relatively (to me ) fast car. I am all giddy like a girl about it.
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

You are???? I will be there as will Eli (broeli), Kevin (smokedmustang) and maybe Carter (Kronik). I'm hoping for a somewhat light turnout so I can get some clean laps, which is getting progressively harder in TT. Are you signed up for HPDE 1? If you have not run with NASA before, and have any questions let me know. I've been volunteering for them all year and have a pretty good handle on how things work and who does what. Should be a great event.
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

I'll also be at Mid Ohio on saturday trying to drum up some help for my program for next year.
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 992gnt
You are???? I will be there as will Eli (broeli), Kevin (smokedmustang) and maybe Carter (Kronik). I'm hoping for a somewhat light turnout so I can get some clean laps, which is getting progressively harder in TT. Are you signed up for HPDE 1? If you have not run with NASA before, and have any questions let me know. I've been volunteering for them all year and have a pretty good handle on how things work and who does what. Should be a great event.
Ahhh sweet. Yeah I signed up for HPDE 1. I have done 2 schools at Mid-Ohio, but that is it as far as my track experience. I'll probably want to meet up with you guys and tag along to see how things work. I can't imagine there being a huge turnout as their season will be over. What group are you guys running in?

I'm going up to Mid-Ohio on Sunday to watch, I have never been to a NASA event so I am pretty excited to see some different classes.
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Well I am the only one with any NASA experience, although I did take Eli around Mid Ohio for a session a couple of months ago. Eli and Carter will likely start out in HPDE 1, I think Kevin runs in HPDE 3, and I run in TT. I'd be happy to show you around so to speak, and could probably take you out for a session as well if you want.

I've been doing HPDE's for 4 years now (Mid Ohio x 4, Putnam x 5, etc..) and I roadraced motorcycles a while ago as well, so like I said if you have any questions just ask! Glad to have another roadracer in the area.
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I'll definitely go for a ride on one of your runs. What kind of mods are you guys running on the track?
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

I have pretty simple mods - TBE, cams, Injen UICP/intake, mbc, injectors, ecuflash for power. Suspension mods include Mueller JIC's, rear sway bar, stainless lines, Mitsu brake air guides, PFC-01 pads (with Ti insulators) and Toyo RA-1's for the track. That's about it. I'm a pretty consistent 6 seconds or so behind the Buschur and AMS time attack cars. Jon K thought my car was set up pretty well though, and doesn't think I am leaving much on the table in it's current configuration.

Next year i'm hoping to add a FMIC, LICP, 2 piece front rotors, and a least 275 width rubber.
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Umm, try 500 or so 6k launches, with boost building 2 step
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Greg shoot me your Email on Pm. I want to discuss some ECUFlash issues with you. I love the software, but since adding my header and 10.5 I am getting a terrible knock at about 5300. I can send you my log. Maybe you can help.

Paul
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Great Broken Axles Batman ! !

That stuff hurts. Don't do that!
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

that'll do it
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

I am flashed, but I don't think I have a 2 step. I have a Tactrix cable, is it easy to set up the 2 step?

**Edit**
Nevermind, someone just asked this question in the ECUflash beginners tutorial thread. Not that I plan to use it anytime soon on my stock clutch.
**Edit**

And I have the same suspension mods as you 992gnt, but I need to order up some brake pads before I go to the track. I was thinking Hawk HP+ and some stainless lines. I'll be running on my Toyo T1S street tires though.

Last edited by coolnick; Sep 13, 2006 at 06:33 AM.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***