Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2006 | 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't tried the HP+ on the track, but they do pretty well on the street for me so far. I have run stock pads (first DE with the car), Ferodo 2500 (good street/track entry level pad), Ferodo 3000, and now the PFC-01's. The PFC-01's are a pretty hardcore track pad - very noisy, hard on the rotors, and a high operating temp. But man, do they stop the car. I'm running HP+ in the front and regular HP's in the rear on the street right now.
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

I figured with street tires the HP+ should be more than adequate. I have run DS2500s on other cars and really liked them, but not the price. Most people say the HP+ is roughly the equivalent at a much cheaper price. Next year I'll worry about track tires and pads.

I have to learn how to drive first.
Old Sep 15, 2006 | 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure what made me think about this now, but does anyone have reccomendations for a dealership/mechanic/garage around Cinci (farther north is better) that does good Evo work? I've had some HORRIBLE experiences with King's Nissan on my SE-R, so I guess I want to find a place that doesn't suck *** *before* I have any actual problems.
Old Sep 15, 2006 | 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PessimiStick
Not sure what made me think about this now, but does anyone have reccomendations for a dealership/mechanic/garage around Cinci (farther north is better) that does good Evo work? I've had some HORRIBLE experiences with King's Nissan on my SE-R, so I guess I want to find a place that doesn't suck *** *before* I have any actual problems.
Jeff Wyler Mitsubishi has been a great dealership to work with. They even tried to do warranty work and recall work on my car when I do not have anything stock on it. Carl is the evo mechanic there. Jack is the parts manager and is great to deal with. They are very helpful and do not try to rip people off.

Brandon
Old Sep 15, 2006 | 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

+1 for Wyler. They replaced my peeling (and very brown) front calipers under warranty despite showing up at the dealer with the r-compounds from the previous weekend still mounted.
Old Sep 15, 2006 | 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Same here. Wyler was great to deal with. I had r-comps on my Evo and the replaced the calipers. They did other work also without even mentioning or complaining about my mods.
Bruce (apexernsx) had his calipers replaced without any questions eventhough he had slotted rotors and race pads on it
Old Sep 15, 2006 | 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you are looking for a tuner shop I would say make the 4 hour trip to AMS in chicago. Another option is the 3 hour trip to Buschur, north of Columbus.

HA or best of all post up on here that you have some mods and need some help putting them on. Several of us have very great experience in tearing apart EVOs, and a couple on here are very good tuners (Especially GREG, 992gnt).

I would sure love to be working and playing with my EVO than eating sand in Kuwait...this place sucks!!

Paul
Old Sep 15, 2006 | 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

How did I get this Tuner rep???? It's cool, don't get me wrong, just wondering where it came from. Old guys know stuff???
Old Sep 16, 2006 | 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 992gnt
How did I get this Tuner rep???? It's cool, don't get me wrong, just wondering where it came from. Old guys know stuff???

Hey you know the ECU and I know the tranny....yes us "old guys" know some stuff
Old Sep 16, 2006 | 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

So as far as tuning goes who in the cinci area is good? I have the cable and the software just need someone who knows what they are doing to help me out.
Old Sep 16, 2006 | 09:58 AM

flex5 (Justin) - Cincinnati

Tarmac black evo IX

Thanks to the guy I met at Foot Works for sending me here.

Last edited by flex5; Sep 16, 2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2006 | 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 992gnt
+1 for Wyler. They replaced my peeling (and very brown) front calipers under warranty despite showing up at the dealer with the r-compounds from the previous weekend still mounted.
How long are the calipers under warranty? The clear is starting to come off mine.
Old Sep 16, 2006 | 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohio-evo
So as far as tuning goes who in the cinci area is good? I have the cable and the software just need someone who knows what they are doing to help me out.
You really should invest in a Wide band O2 before you start tuning. It will be very difficult to do any tweeking of the ECU without knowing what your A/F ratios are looking like. I speak from experience with my old AFC2. After having the Dynoflash mail in and the AFC2 I had my car dynoed and it was running way lean...the AFC2 is now in my car for looks as it has all settings to zero. I have since put in a wide band and use the EcuFlash software to tweek the car.

As for in Cincy, the only "tuner" shops, if you want to call them that is...Zerolift which is a drift and motor swap shop and Race Line which deals with mostly hondas. As for us EVOs we are kinda screwed. As I stated earlier, Buschur or AMS are the closest good shops. Both of which have a Dyno and the ability to perform nearly perfect tuning on your car.

For something quick like raising a rev limit or removing the top speed limit......ask Greg!!

Hope this helps.

Paul
Old Sep 16, 2006 | 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by flex5
flex5 (Justin) - Cincinnati

Tarmac black evo IX

Thanks to the guy I met at Foot Works for sending me here.
Welcome to the boards Justin....tell us about your car.

Paul
Old Sep 17, 2006 | 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

I think I saw that black evo just the other day -- Justin were you on route 50 heading towards 75 Northing when an Electric blue evo was to the left of you?

I never realized how bad cars stink without a cat -- heh! People must hate driving behind us...it really stinks!

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***