Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006 | 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Appauldd
I thought you were selling the car?
uhh by me saying that has what to do with me selling my car???
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Greg, I'm sure that was some entertaining laps when the tires feel like they are on ice skates.

You have a radiator hose for a LICP? Cool!!! What happened to the stock one?? Or do we not want to know???

Oh, question for the masses -- The nut that goes on the endlink of the rear sway bar...if one were to, oh i dunno, strip the nut when trying to make an adjustment...how would one get that nut off now since you do need an Alan wrench to make sure the end link does not just twist?

Last edited by Kronik; Oct 9, 2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kronik

You have a radiator hose for a LICP? Cool!!! What happened to the stock one?? Or do we not want to know???
The stock one got split. It basically blew out a 1"-2" slit in it.
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

The stock LICP hose split just below the turbo outlet, just as I was flat-footing it out of turn 10 trying to get a run on the GT3. It's fubared, but I was able to cut down a radiator hose donated from my pal Mark and it got me home. I really need to buy a truck SOON!

Last edited by 992gnt; Oct 9, 2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Greg, now THAT is how you drive a car!!! You make Jeremy seem weak and mortal with his boosting issues. So much boost you split the pipe!!! That's what i'm talking about..hell yeah!!!

So yeah, how about my little stripped nut issue -- any help? pretty please!!!

PS: i know you aren't doing insane amounts of boost ...but it sounds so much cooler when you do say you are hah!
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't split the pipe, I split the 7" long coupler between the licp and the turbo. The boost gauge was reading 25psi though.......
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

25 psi on 93.....sweet!
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Where can I pick up brake guides cheap?
Old Oct 9, 2006 | 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Midnight auto parts. There is no cheaper alternative than the dealer unless you make your own.
Old Oct 10, 2006 | 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

carter!! stop worring about your damn nut!! we will get it off!!
Old Oct 10, 2006 | 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Kronik]So yeah, how about my little stripped nut issue -- any help? pretty please!!! [\QUOTE]
No big deal there. You have several options. You can force a slightly larger Torx bit in there, or force a 12 point socket around the outside, or cut a slot in the face of it with a wiz wheel or dremel to use a flat blade screwdriver. Or just cut/grind the thing off. I would try all of the above in the order listed.

This is assuming you are talking about stripping the Allen head. If you just stripped the nut on the outside then put some vice grips on there.
Old Oct 10, 2006 | 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Greg....I have a couple sets of intercooler pipes at the house. If you don't get a replacement before 15 dec when I come home for R&R, you are more than welcome to have the hose you need. Question...have you taken of the dust shields off the back of the spindles? That may help a bit in cooling the rotors and saving your brake fluid.

Carter...welcome to rule number one of working on cars.....what ever can go wrong WILL. As Nick said...vice grips will be your friend. A trick with alen heads if it is not too stripped is to use comet powder. Add a little water to it to make a paste. Put the paste in the allen hole of the bolt. Very carefully insert the allen key and wrench it slowly out. This works great on small allen heads.I did it all the time on Apache Aircraft when the allen bolts stripped. The whiz wheel from a dremel tool will work great too...reguarldess of what you do, you will have to replace the bolts. Go to Sears and get an extractor set....this is almost guaranteed to work.
Old Oct 10, 2006 | 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

let air power work 4 u!!
Old Oct 10, 2006 | 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

It's funny you mention that rule paul -- just the other day when I was putting on the new brake lines....got em installed bled the brakes once. Went out for a test drive and pedal went straight to the floor. Had to bleed them again...almost ran out of brake fluid to boot!

Was an interesting experience though -- oh yeah, brake fluid on an open cut hurts like a BEEE-YATCH!!!
Old Oct 10, 2006 | 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

You should have used most of a liter of fluid swapping lines!

Paul - I will be picking up a LICP soon, thanks for the offer though. The dust shields are still on the spindles; I don't want to mess with wrapping the abs lines. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve if needed, but so far the Motul RBF, stock brake guides, and the ti shims seem to be doing the job. The calipers are black, rotors spider cracked, dust seals almost completely gone, and I went through a new set of PFC-01 pads in 3 events.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***