Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2006 | 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have no problem adjusting it at all

its not that hard
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

hey guys, where can i get an good alignment around here. i asked all the local shops and they can't do anything outside of factory specs. i don't want anything super aggressive, i will be doing alot more autox events this year. i am not going to be doing alot of suspension mods first, MAYBE some swift springs. i have only autox'd twice so i obviously need the learn the car first in this arena. however, it would save me another alignment if i got the springs first. let me know!

oh yeah, you guys may or may not remember me. i met some of you at dave and busters earlier this year and i saw carter and couple others at an autox event- my wife is pregnant! she is going to let me get some "mods." i already have baby on board stickers she got me so no one will "want to race you." i also get some nice seat covers and a recaro baby seat! she did get me UK badge. i'll post pics!
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

You can try TD Performance, or Performance Alignment . Congrats on the
baby . Timmy
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Performance Alignment.
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 06:54 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by beastlytalon
hey guys, where can i get an good alignment around here. i asked all the local shops and they can't do anything outside of factory specs. i don't want anything super aggressive, i will be doing alot more autox events this year. i am not going to be doing alot of suspension mods first, MAYBE some swift springs. i have only autox'd twice so i obviously need the learn the car first in this arena. however, it would save me another alignment if i got the springs first. let me know!

I just had my alignment done at Foreign Exchange. I'll be going back there to get the car leveled and corner balanced. They will corner balance the car with you in it. The price is somewhat decent, $120 for alignment with tax and everything included in that price. They said it would be about the same price as the alignment for corner balancing/height adjustment of the coilovers but maybe a little more.

They will get the specs you want. I went a little to aggresive on my camber in the front. So I'll get that fixed when I get the corner balancing done.

Congrats on the baby.
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Jason, you've been a busy boy since the last time i saw you Congrats on the baby! These guys have given you pretty good spots to start off with the alignment. Keep in mind, with the stock suspension you will see close to -2 degrees of camber...maybe more ..maybe less.
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

I saw a white Evo IX today with plates that read LST 4G63.

What until you all see my front diff. I pulled out the carrier/pumpkin and diff teeth fell out all over the place. I also have a little damage to the tips of my output shafts. Now I'm in the process of trying to get the pumpkin apart...
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Damn Eli! diff teeth fell out...sounds like you busted it in the chop.
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

dang wonder what caused the diff to fall apart like that..
Old Nov 5, 2006 | 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks so much guys! Carter, what can I say!?! He, He. I will be checking them out. I definately need a good alignment. Since I am putting some winter tires on the Enkei's, I am going to get another set of wheels and tires for daily driving and autox. I really want to get into more autox this year. I went to the Corvette of Troy Charity for Spina Bifida last night. It was a great time, those kids really appreciated a 20k check. They also gave away two brand new Corvettes. They have alot of events other cars are invited to as well all located at KilKare.
Old Nov 5, 2006 | 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
dang wonder what caused the diff to fall apart like that..

Could have been the half dozen or so dragstrip passes he made AFTER it broke. Or maye the 40 mile drive home afterwards.
Old Nov 5, 2006 | 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

The diff broke on my first pass. A 6000rpm launch off the 2step with AO32r's. I think 90% of the damage was done then.
I still can't get the carrier apart. Jon at TRE thinks it is going to require using a press because it might be wedged together with broken pieces. They usually come apart easily.
A word of advise to anyone that has an open diff...replace it before it breaks
Old Nov 5, 2006 | 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by broeli
A word of advise to anyone that has an open diff...replace it before it breaks

*raises hand*
Old Nov 6, 2006 | 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Bad news. I got the carrier apart. FINALLY. It is toast though. The pieces that broke off pretty much destroyed the inside of my carrier. Now I have to get a new carrier Good thing I got a decent deal on the lsd.
Old Nov 6, 2006 | 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

is that the casing around the diff?? the carrier?

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***