Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007 | 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Eli, now i am trying to decide what else to get . i am looking intercoolers ss 02 housing and a new turbo back and then i have to find a way to get the car tuned which i no nothing about.
Old Feb 9, 2007 | 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The Revolvers will be great. I did get a set of springs and retainers as well as a set of ARP head studs. Believe me I fully understand the importance of matching components. As for the Head work, that will come soon enough. My focus is on a new house when I get back. Dawna and I need a bigger place, and I need a bigger garage.

Does anyone know where we can get the Whiteline Camber correction kit? I ask because many of us are on coil overs now and this kit is said to stop bump steer aiding to turn in. I may prove beneficial on the track and AutoX

Brendan...I got a Truggy called the Jammin CRT. It is wiked fast. I keep up with the 1/8th buggys no problem. In the rough sections they can't hang with me....its a blast.

Timmy... Don't forget about the lower intercooler piping. The stock stuff is pretty restrictive. Then because you have an 03 like many of us you may consider finding a Raliart front LSD. They can be found brand new for 800 bucks.
Old Feb 10, 2007 | 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

ahh truggys are cool. Will have to race when you come back.. see if my modded revo can run with a truggy.
Old Feb 10, 2007 | 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CarFanatic
ahh truggys are cool. Will have to race when you come back.. see if my modded revo can run with a truggy.
Do you know of any tracks we can go to? Heck maybe racing RCs will be our non Evo racing days...Wouldn't that be a hoot.
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

there are a few around I haven't been to a track in a long time though.
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

So how was the show last night Brendan?
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

the show... it was fun I'll leave it at that...

I might get the wheel for my xbox for my bday!
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Did you play out last night? We were looking for a place to go drinking, you should have told me!
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

yeah man, get the wheel! Greg, why didn't you call? I could have used a drink or 12 last night...
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys, I haven't posted in a while. my wife is doing fine and so is the baby. we go this friday for the first ultrasound. she is now 5 months pregnant.

i was thinking of getting some winter tires a couple months ago but now my wife works from home and i drive her car to work so i think i am going to get out of winter tires for this year. i want to get into autox really hard this year but before i go out and start buying tires/wheels/suspension, i want to get a better feel for the car at the track. i was looking at getting some swift springs, licp, fmic in the near future but with the baby coming priorities have obviously changed. my question is who do you trust around here for window tinting. i am not going to be putting those stupid blinds on the windows with cartoons on them to keep the sun out the kids eyes. the only one i know of is in waynesville which is solar shade. i don't want just want just anyone working on my car. any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by beastlytalon; Feb 11, 2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

There used to be a really good tint place here in town, but they went out of business. I went to a place in KY recomended by cater, and greg. Needless to say they did a great job I had my car and my gf car done there. I forget the name of it but I"m sure carter will post it up for you.

As for autox In all honesty the evo is competitive the way it is. Best mod you can do is add rear sway. maybe some springs and get a good alignment. I will be selling my swift springs here soon They have about 1500 miles on them of your interested. Come out just run your car before you go buy a bunch of parts and once your hooked, you'll learn what you need to buy.
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I'll have to agree with Brendan. A rear sway is a nice addition -- I have the hotchkiss (it's hollow). I believe Brendan and Greg have the same rear sway. Most importantly before bolting stuff onto your car is seat time. Once you learn how YOUR car handles you can make better adjustments depending on how you want the car to handle.

I personally wanted the car to be a bit stiffer so I went with the rear sway and Swift springs (mine will be for sale here shortly as well -- so pass on the word). If I recall correctly the last time we ran (up at WSU), the area I recall was hitting the brake zones. Coming in slow and out fast. It's very easy, as Greg calls it "red misting" while driving. I'd do a few autox's as is and then make some decisions from that point. However, you really can't go wrong with what was suggested -- just takes some time to see what a difference those bolt-on's make.

I believe the tinting place you are looking for is called Quality Window Tint -- they are located on Dixie Highway in Lakeside Park, KY.
Old Feb 11, 2007 | 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Quality Tint is the $hit. Carter, we had a crazy day yesterday. We started out late to take the kids to my moms, then got to the NASA banquet in C-bus about 20 minutes late (80 the whole way). Stayed there till a little after 5, drove home and let the dog out and then headed right out for dinner at Abeulos. Then we went next door to the Pub until Nicole couldn't hardly stand up anymore. It was quite the evening...
Old Feb 12, 2007 | 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Sup guys.... Centraly ky here.. Lexington..
Old Feb 12, 2007 | 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

hahaha!! Drinking at the Pub, that's a good time there. Did you sit in the throne??

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***