Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2007 | 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Carter,

I am doing the rebuild because the car has 65+K on it and 4/5th are grinding slightly at high rpm. Syncros yeah!! At any rate Shep Racing up near columbus does a full rebuild, TB update and polishes the sleeves and modifies the oil ports for a more bullet proof tranny. All of the syncros are replaces and any forks that are bent or damaged are replaced. The wholw tranny is hot dipped so when it comes back it will look new as ever. So with the newly rebuilt tranny and the Exedy HD Twin I should have a bullet proof tranny. This company is the same place Buschur has theirs built for 9 second passes.

OK since I am not there, someone needs to please get with Nate so that you can coordinate to do my fenders too. All of them please. The car is in pieces at his house in Blue Ash. If none of you can arange the meet with him....please save the roller until I get back in July.

FYI....I am undefeated in 1/8th scale RC Truggy racing here at Camp Buehring. It is fun as hell and tons cheaper than the Evo. I have to get my racing fix some how. You all will have to check it out for the off season.
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So that's what Shep does....
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
FYI....I am undefeated in 1/8th scale RC Truggy racing here at Camp Buehring. It is fun as hell and tons cheaper than the Evo. I have to get my racing fix some how. You all will have to check it out for the off season.
Nice, Will have to go racing.. though truggys are fast. I might have to put a center diff in my revo to stay up!
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd

OK since I am not there, someone needs to please get with Nate so that you can coordinate to do my fenders too. All of them please. The car is in pieces at his house in Blue Ash. If none of you can arange the meet with him....please save the roller until I get back in July.
I'm not sure I'll have time to take the roller anywhere but my house and Gregs. I will only have it a week...with most people using it on the weekend.
I'll save the roller until July if you Paypal me $300

They just moved the first autox from ford down to River Downs...bleh
I noticed several were switched to Riverdowns with the rest of them listed as tentative
Sounds like they are having problems all of the sudden getting the Ford lot. I'd rather go to Riverdowns than Ky Speedway though. At least Riverdowns is only a 5 minute drive for me
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

ya, not to mention KY speedway is far and SUCKS ***** to race at. Wish they would let us race inside the oval. Cincy region SCCA Sucks *** I"m really getting fed up with there organization. THe whole HAVEING to prepay before you race via check or paypal or you preregistration doesn't count. Now losing lots.. I'm going to start going ot columbus to race I Think.
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

I've heard good things about the Columbus region. It's not worth the drive to me though. If I'm going to drive an hour or two it would be for a Cen-Div, Pro Solo, or Nat. Tour race.
I'm wondering if the Cincy region is even going to host a Cen-Div event now?
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

ya, I've heard great things about columbus.. Cincy sucks..

Eli you know wheel source is out of business?
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CarFanatic

Eli you know wheel source is out of business?
Yep. As of Feb 15th. They are still around in a way but not as a public business. They are going to concentrate more on Forgeline now but they'll still be carrying parts and racing. They are reducing the tires they sell to Toyo and Hoosier though. They are looking to expand their Forgeline wheel offerings. I think it's a good thing for Forgeline.
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

ah I didnt know that.. they are still selling stuff then?
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah. They still have the entire shop and still carry parts. The shop is just being used to expand the Forgeline business basically.
I'll be going up there again Monday to pick up my rear wheels and spacers and check fitment again.
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

You guys need to do more track days then. Sounds like the Cincy region is in deep doodoo...
Old Mar 9, 2007 | 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

doodoo is a flippin understatement!!!! Before the season even began it's over!!! I sure hope they find some other place for a venue...this really REALLY sucks!!!
Old Mar 10, 2007 | 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

wrecks are bad mmmmkay.. no autox for anyone else now..
Old Mar 10, 2007 | 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

What do these venues expect? There is always the risk of accidents. My wreck at Riverdowns didn't seem to cause any issues. I took out the horse track fence and did 10k in damage to my car
I wonder where they are looking to move them to. This will also effect Cincy getting a Cen-Div. event. I see that there are still 2 dates that are open for the Cin-Div series. I'm sure one of them was supposed to be Cincy.
Old Mar 11, 2007 | 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Anybody have any problems with running a test pipe (ie, cops)? My RNR 3" HFC has bit the dust and throwing a CEL (catalyst insufficiency). I am thinking about running UR and a shell but I was ondering if anyone has ever got checked with a sniffer.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***