Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2007 | 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by broeli
What do these venues expect? There is always the risk of accidents. My wreck at Riverdowns didn't seem to cause any issues. I took out the horse track fence and did 10k in damage to my car
I wonder where they are looking to move them to. This will also effect Cincy getting a Cen-Div. event. I see that there are still 2 dates that are open for the Cin-Div series. I'm sure one of them was supposed to be Cincy.
I dunno I guess it was pretty bad and the cops had to show up and all that jazz.. But I"m just hearing this and you know how stories get twisted.
Old Mar 11, 2007 | 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Do they still test in Ohio? They don't down here in KY. When they did I'd just put on the HFC, warm it up and get my test done, then take it back off when I got home.

Originally Posted by beastlytalon
Anybody have any problems with running a test pipe (ie, cops)? My RNR 3" HFC has bit the dust and throwing a CEL (catalyst insufficiency). I am thinking about running UR and a shell but I was ondering if anyone has ever got checked with a sniffer.
Old Mar 11, 2007 | 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your reply. All the research I have seen so far seems to point out other states as being pretty strict like NJ and California but not Ohio. However, all it takes is one cop. I would rather open the exhaust up a little bit more. My dads friend could weld me a shell on. It would be cheaper than the RRE rally cat but it is resonated which might help a bit. I am going to research some more but any more experiences would help.
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

You don't have to worry about police checking for a cat in Ohio. They have better things to do. They might do that stuff in Cali but not Ohio. Even getting pulled over for a loud exhaust would be pretty rare.
Old Mar 12, 2007 | 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

They do not do any testing in Ohio anymore. I have had no problems with mine. Just get a megan racing one from ebay. low cost and bolts right in.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah no worries about the cat, I have a BR 3" TBE with no cat and it is loud, no problems here.

And that wreck at the Ford plant was bad, it was a Vette and it jumped the grass mound and landed in the ditch on the side of the road. Woops.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

I was reading the cincy forums yesterday. It appears they are trying to find a new location....where i have no idea???
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by coolnick
Yeah no worries about the cat, I have a BR 3" TBE with no cat and it is loud, no problems here.

And that wreck at the Ford plant was bad, it was a Vette and it jumped the grass mound and landed in the ditch on the side of the road. Woops.
Did you get that thing sold ?
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The.alibi
Did you get that thing sold ?
No, someone drove it on Sunday and appears interested so I guess we'll wait and see. I have been looking for cars to replace it with and I haven't found anything I want. I am halfway hoping that he backs out so I can keep it. I really don't want to sell it and I don't necessarily have to, I just thought it might be a good idea to be debt free with a little one on the way. I don't owe much and the payment is small so it is a really tough decision to make.

Here are pics of that Ford Plant accident. A Mallet Vette, you know that wasn't cheap. This is why my wife isn't allowed to drive my car.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

can't see the pics...
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

whoa , ya I"d like to see pics! I heard the car ended up being totalled.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Oh g o d a m n i t I forgot to add the link.

http://nkyfba.homeip.net/showthread....highlight=ford
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

holy crap!! Check out this post from that forum:

So we did a Test and Tune with Cincy Region today at the Ford Plant.

Its a huge asphalt lot with a dirt berm surrounding it. I figure that berm is about 8 to 10 feet high (I'm close to 6 feet and I cant see over it). The finish of the course was a double apex 180 that lead to a straight that ran parallel to the berm and through the lights.

One of the Corvette folks (A Mallet C5 that was apparently a monster) somehow made a right turn on that straight, climbed the berm, and got airborn (and I mean "Dukes of Hazzard airborn" [There ya go, Mike!] over the berm, landing in the ditch on the other side.
I'm no body guy, but that car was screwed up. It looked like, uhhh... a corvette that jumped an 8 foot berm.
The driver was an older female lady (I think, it was a 2 driver car) and was shaken but OK.

The only thing we could figure was that she grabbed an upshift (or maybe an accidental downshift) and the rear end jumped. After that it looked to me (and I saw the whole thing) like she panicked and floored the gas pedal. The car very clearly was still under throttle as it climbed the berm.

It was just... Wow. I've seen alot, but I've never seen anything like that. From my angle it looked like that car was at least 4 or 5 feet in the air off the top of the berm. Quite literally like something from a state fair stunt show, except it was a $50000 Corvette instead of an old chevy police car.

There were several safety stewards there, and all of them were looking at the site where the vette left the course and were dumbfounded.

Last edited by Kronik; Mar 13, 2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

man that sucks for both the driver/owner and the rest of the autox lovers in this town... hope we find something good to race in, to replace ford.
Old Mar 13, 2007 | 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

That doesn't look any where near as bad as I was expecting. Still sucks though, that was a beautiful car.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***