Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Identity Theft!! All Money Lost!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are running a wireless network at home you might want ot make sure you have your router set for either WEP of WPA security otherwise you are boradcasting info to everybody regardless of whether or not you have a firewall.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by racerxl99
that sucks man. i check my account online everyday to make sure nothing funny is going. i just got a charge for 21.64 from 24 hour fitness in CA and the fact that i live in is kinda funny. i called my bank and its taken care of. but as for keyloggers, they can get u if its on the comp. what i do is just have my credit card number on a text file and just copy and paste when i need to pay anything online. its safer that way and if u want a good browser w/o the junks then get mozilla. this works wonders. good luck on getting ur money. id sue the jewelry store for being stupid and get the money back from them instead of the bank.
i know the jewelry place is being A-holes about everything, they actually got all their merchandise back, and they told me that I should go to my bank, and talk to them about getting my money back, cuz there is nothing that they can do to help me, i was like what the hell u can take the money out no problem, but you can't give it back to me???? WTF, and then to top it all off you jerks seen that i had a debit card from wisconsin why would i overnight ship something to Indonesia??? HMMMM let's see oh he must have relatives over there, ummm i dont think so, some people just have no common sense!!
Old Jun 20, 2005, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by soule77
If you are running a wireless network at home you might want ot make sure you have your router set for either WEP of WPA security otherwise you are boradcasting info to everybody regardless of whether or not you have a firewall.
No i'm not using wireless internet at home, but thanks for the advice, i was actually just starting to look into that, cuz i am going to eventually get that for home.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTSMWET
i know the jewelry place is being A-holes about everything, they actually got all their merchandise back, and they told me that I should go to my bank, and talk to them about getting my money back, cuz there is nothing that they can do to help me, i was like what the hell u can take the money out no problem, but you can't give it back to me???? WTF, and then to top it all off you jerks seen that i had a debit card from wisconsin why would i overnight ship something to Indonesia??? HMMMM let's see oh he must have relatives over there, ummm i dont think so, some people just have no common sense!!
something is shady there. they got their merchandise back? did someone return it to the second shelf from the third shelf?

they didn't try to charge you a restocking fee?

sorry, but it's the cynic in me. you'd think the business would be a bit more helpful, especially if they were on the up and up.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boyd494
something is shady there. they got their merchandise back? did someone return it to the second shelf from the third shelf?

they didn't try to charge you a restocking fee?

sorry, but it's the cynic in me. you'd think the business would be a bit more helpful, especially if they were on the up and up.
Yeah i know, i don't understand it myself, it does seem kind of shady, yeah they stopped the package in chicago, i actually talked to the lady from inland, and them were her exact words. like i said b4, why couldn't they just put the funds back into my account, then everyone would be happy
Old Jun 20, 2005, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

the lady said that she lost the $32.00 shipping fee, like i really care about that, i lost a lot more than you guys. you guys should be a little more careful with your charge accounts, and look them over a little better. my bank gave me back the 32.00 shipping fee though. i checked my account and i have just rec'd back all my money!! Finally, but i have to write check for awhile now though, I HATE THAT, i dont have any credit/debit cards, its just that checks take a few days to clear, plus you have to write them out, that blows. but ill get over it
Old Jun 20, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GOOD SHYT! man!!!!!!!
Old Jun 20, 2005, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Check out the story about Mastercard, and how they got a virus, and exposed a lot of Credit card numbers, watch your mastercard close if you have one:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/19/cre...ion=cnn_latest
Old Jun 20, 2005, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

The guys are right, get a low limit "internet" card and use that for all online transactions. If something like this goes down with a credit card, Visa can afford much better lawyers than any of us can.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Very true, i'll be getting on of those cards for sure.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Just wanted to give everyone an update with the situation i have rec'd all my funds back, and just wanted to thank everyone again for their help in this matter, everything has been settled, and the matter is closed.
Thanks,
Matt
Old Jul 1, 2005, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for YOUR MONEY BACK IN YOUR POCKET!