Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Identity Theft!! All Money Lost!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Identity Theft!! All Money Lost!!!

I have recently placed a couple of On-Line orders for parts for my Evo off of www.Lancershop.com and www.Buschurracing.com. I ordered from Lancer Shop about two weeks ago and Buschur about a week and a half ago, now i just want to make this clear I AM NOT CRITISIZING THESE COMPANIES AT ALL!! As of yesterday i was the victim of identity theft, i went to draw money out of my account from a local ATM, and it said i didn't have any fund available, (but i knew i did) so i went on and checked my bank account on-line and to my surprise i was negative just shy of 500.00 in my checking account, well i started to get really P-off. and started calling my bank and wondering what the heck was going on, and they said you ordered stuff on-line,(which i wasn't) then i got a little description of where i supposobly bought these products from, and did a little research on the web, well the website was www.inlandcraft.com and they are a pretty big international company, so i got their number and called them, and i was wondering if they accidentally misplaced soem numebrs and charged the wrong account. they found all 3 transactions that went through with them adn told me exactly what i had purchased, i guess this company has a small jewelry business also, and i had purchased a $435.10, piece of jewelry and had it OVERNIGHT shipped to....................INDONESIA!!!!!! WTF. right there i flipped out at the lady i was talking to from inland craft. I didn't think this was to bad though, the overnight charge for shipping to indonesia from Michigan was only $32.00(not to shabby), then there was another transaction that was on hold by my bank that was a very large amount of money. The package was at the Post office ready to be shipped i strongly urged her to stop that package, that i didn't buy anything from your company, and i have no reason to ship it to indonesia. She said ok, i will call you back and let you know whats up, she said ok there's nothing i can do, you have to deal with your bank!!! Again i was like WTF. and she was going to try to stop the package at the post office. so i spent all of yesterday, with my bank, and they are working on getting my money back, and i have yet to hear from the inland craft place about re-imbusment of my money also. i will keep people posted with what happens, this all happened on the 16th of June

This e-mail got pretty lengthy, but i just wanted to inform people of what happened, i have always used Paypal, with all my transactions, except for the last ttwo i placed with lancershop and buschur. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND CALLING BUSCHUR RACING TO PLACE ORDERS!!! Buschur is a great company, and i am not saying that it happened becasue of them by any means at all, im not one to point fingers. i will definately order from buschur again, but i will call over the phone to place an order though, as for lancershop, i will also call and order over the phone. two great companies, both very smooth and fast transactions and shipping, will order rom in the future again once this clears up. What really sucks is i had the money to order my TB back exhaust TODAY from BUSCHUR, but that bastard that took my money ordered a couple pieces of jewelry. Well i just wanted to inform everyone to order stuff over the phone whenever possible, don't be one of them people, "Oh it won't happen to me" you never know, i was one of them people, this changed my whole perspective on everything. if anyone has any suggestions as to what i could do it would be greatly appreciated. My bank has been a great help to me so far, they are working on giving me all the money back, and going after someone about this. what they said ids they can give me all the money back in a couple of days, its called provisional credit i believe, what that means is here's your money back, but if we find out that you did order this stuff, you will have to pay it back to us, after we do our investigations on this. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and everyone please be careful, this is not something you want to deal with, very nerve racking
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

man that sucks dude. my parents went through the same ordeal. some guy bought a 1500 cruise with our credit card but luckily the bank imidiatly called my dad to ask him if he bought that cruise and my dad said no so we got out money back. hopefully all works out for you and they catch that a$$.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for the support, i hope it works out and someone gets busted in this ordeal. but it may not happen becasue the guy is in another part of the world, across international waters.
Did they catch the guy that charged the cruise to yur parents card?
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

i cant remember maybe.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

What method of payment did you use that would allow someone access to your checking account?
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

i used my debit card, for the payment, which ties into my checking and savings account, pretty much all my information
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

i have cancelled all my credit and debit cards. and getting issued new ones
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Ahh I see. I never use a debit card. I think a credit card offers a little more protection. Amazing the crooks out there. You really have to keep all information secret!
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

i did the credit card thing, and i'm pretty bad at paying them of, becasue i charge it and then, i think, well i have cash, i might as well buy something else, so i paid off all my credit cards, and cancelled them. its to easy to max them babies out
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

you need to do several things immediately...

call all three credit bureaus and report the identity theft.

do NOT use debit transactions on the internet. as you unfortunately found out the hard way, it places you in an extremely vulnerable position. the beauty of a credit card is you can immediately dispute the charges, and do not suffer a loss of funds.

use a credit card company that does two things - 1. monitors your spending and calls you immediately upon noticing any "irregular spending habits" and 2. provides you with a way to use "temporary" credit card numbers online.

i use mbna, and they have a program call shop safe. it allows you to generate a temporary credit card number that is only active as long as you set it and for a specified dollar amount.

good luck in getting this resolved. unfortunately, i was a victim previously also. i would not blame the incident on lancershop or burschur, on the internet it could have been anyone.

james
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

oh no i'm not blaming them at all i mean it could have been anything, but i just wanted peopel to know that that's the last two epople i ordered from in about 3 months or better, other than ebay, but their secure enough where i shoulldn't have to worry should i? but even then i havent ordered off of ebay in about 2 months. like i said when i first posted, im not criticizing them at all, their great companies
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

internet security is a big thing these days, and many companies are doing what they can to combat fraud and theft.

that being said, it's your money and your credit rating, so obviously it's in your best interest to protect yourself everyway possible.

i can't stress again the importance of contacting the three credit agencies and putting a fraud alert on your account, as well as taking the mentioned precautions when ordering online.

i didn't mean for it to come across as jumping on you about the companies. the emphasis was on the fraud alert and online ordering options.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i know its cool though, i aprreciate you help, do you know where i can get the number, or a website i can check out
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

you'll have to contact each individually, but here ya go...

equifax http://www.equifax.com/

experian http://www.experian.com/

transunion http://www.transunion.com/

federal trade commision identity theft center http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/

it's a pain and a lot of legwork, but good luck.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow man that is scary!!! I'm glad your bank is helping you out ... the troubling thing is most people don't think its going to happen to them until it does ... There's a good reason to be paraniod purchasing stuff online ... Goodluck and do what boyd494 says ...

Quick Reply: Identity Theft!! All Money Lost!!!