Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Joule Speed and Performance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down ATTN: COLORADO Joule Speed and Performance

The Company:
Joule
Address from BBB site:
2305 E Platte Pl
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Actual address:
2227 E. Platte Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
719-477-6994
Type of Business:
Engines-Rebuild & Exchange

I ordered a Quaife LSD front diff for my 2003 Mitsubishi Evo on August 3rd through Joule Speed & Performance store. I was told that it would be delivered on the following Thursday (Aug 11th). When Aug 11th came around I was told that it was shipped a day late and would be here Friday (Aug 12th). I called Friday and was told that the UPS truck broke and that it would be delivered on Monday (15th). I was working the 15th & 16th and when I called to see if the diff was in I was just told one excuse after another. So Wednesday I went by the store and was told that Joule would pick it up from the UPS warehouse and I could meet them there to get it. 6:00p came, 7:00p came, 8:00p came when I called. No answer. I continued calling about every 30-45mins. Around 10:00 I give up. I went by the store Thursday and they told me they forgot the part at their home. I told them that I had to work tomorrow (Friday 19th) and that my wife (Ada) would be by around 4:00p to pick it up. Ada went by around 4:30p to pick it up and was told that a co-worker was going to their house to pick it up and should be back in 30 mins. Ada waited 45mins when she told Joule that she needed to pick me up from work. Ada picked me up at 5:45p and told me the status of what was going on. I call Joule telling them I'm on my way to the shop and pick up the part. I was told that they would meet me near my work in 45 mins to give me the part. I told them I was not going to wait and for them to come down to Fountain (Near my house) and meet me at the Safeway w/ the part. Around 7:00p I had no phone call saying that they were at Safeway. I try calling and got no answer. I continued calling every 5-10 mins. Around 8:30 I receive a text message on my cell phone saying that they were in the hospital. Around 9:30 I received a call saying that they were getting a friend to get the part and meet me at Safeway. I waited till about 11:00p for a phone call and never received it. Saturday (Aug 20th) I continued making numerous calls to both cell phone and shop. I went by the shop at 12:00p and the shop were closed. I called their cell phone and told them that if I did not receive a refund, $1300 cash or the part by 6:00 PM I would have to dispute the charge and take legal action. I didn't receive a call all day from Joule. This morning (Monday 22nd) I received a call around 10:15 am from Joule asking for the credit card number to refund the money. I asked where the part was and was told that they shipped it back this morning. So I give the credit card number and was told I should see the refund in 48-72 hrs. So now I'm waiting on the refund to be deposited into the credit card. I believe that Joule never ordered that part.
I would highly recommend not using Joule as your part store. As you can see from my experience it is better order your parts yourself. I also know of two other situations similar to mine. I have attached a link to the BBB about Joule business. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB as well.

http://www.data.bbb.org/scripts/cgii...zid=PSFkGhIhMe

Update:
Joule refunded the money. But now snice I had to wait so lond RRE is now out ow the Quaife diff till late Sept early Oct. I highly recommend that one purchase anything from Joule. They are a shady business and do not deserve any business!!!
All in all
F*CK JOULE!!!

Last edited by 03EvolutionVIII; Aug 31, 2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow that sucks dude, good luck.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

wow that sucks dude. now you can get the Dynoflash right???
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

I still need the Diff LookEvo Kinda hard to get a custom tune w/o the diff.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

really? I dont think it makes that big of a deal does it? either way. i hope you get it straight
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03EvolutionVIII
I still need the Diff LookEvo Kinda hard to get a custom tune w/o the diff.
Why, did you blow your front diff?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Why, did you blow your front diff?
Yes. I did.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

ahh now i see.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Glad I could shed some light there. LOL
Originally Posted by lookEVO
ahh now i see.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

I have ordered about $13k in parts through Joule. That hospital visit you are referring to was because of a miscarriage. I understand your frustration, but I do not see your experience as normal. Honestly, they are good people. I am in Iraq currently, but I can call and find out exactly what happened if you wish. I am thinking that it was just bad luck and bad timing.

strike (Dave)
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

sorry about the drama Rob. so what are the plans now? pm me.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Dave,
I'm just stating a situation of what happened. I also waited till the situation was sloved. We're all grown adults and can make are own choices on where we shop. I choose not do business with Joule again.

WhtEvo,
I'll give you a call once I get everything figured out. Its SNAFU around my house right now trying to get our yard started and the car fixed. Did you ever get you situation solved?
Old Aug 25, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Robert,

Apparently I was giving too much credit to Joule... I do not blame you for your decision to not shop there again.

strike (Dave)
Old Aug 25, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Why that Dave?
Old Aug 25, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03EvolutionVIII
Why that Dave?
I found out that they were not managing their money very well. They are using new customers money to buy older customers parts. They appear to be behind the 8-ball moneywise and I think I am going to get pinched here too since all of my parts are not in yet either. *shrug* I should not have read this forum...

strike

Quick Reply: Joule Speed and Performance