Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.
View Poll Results: Name of Midwest Evo Club
Rocky Mountain Evo Club
20.00%
Mountain West Evo Club
0%
Pikes Peak Evo Club
0%
Midwest Evo Club
80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Choose the Midwest Evo Club name...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Choose the Midwest Evo Club name...

Ok, guys and gals, I want you to choose your preferred name for those of us in the Midwest. I have a few names to choose from, but if you have something else you think is better, then provide that suggestion in text...
Old Sep 27, 2005, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need better names then that. sorry i wouldnt rock a sticker that had any of thouse names thats just me.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rockymountain
International
Club for
Evo's
RICE!

J/K hard to come up w/ a name for a club that will be w/ you for a long time, kinda like naming a kid. our is 4g63hawaii.com
Old Sep 27, 2005, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Club MR..... oh yeah and those other guys too- JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 27, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
need better names then that. sorry i wouldnt rock a sticker that had any of thouse names thats just me.
Then suggest some?

Anyway, this is only including the areas surrounding Colorado. I have never understood how people refer to Ohio/Illinois as being part of the Midwest when they are on the Eastern half of the US.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Then suggest some?

Anyway, this is only including the areas surrounding Colorado. I have never understood how people refer to Ohio/Illinois as being part of the Midwest when they are on the Eastern half of the US.
Dictionary definition for the Midwest:

A region of the north-central United States around the Great Lakes and the upper Mississippi Valley. It is generally considered to include Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and Nebraska. The area is known for its rich farmlands and highly industrialized centers.

Colorado is in the Rocky Mountain Area. Looks like you're gonna have to come up with new names.

Little geography lesson there
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR 8U
Dictionary definition for the Midwest:

A region of the north-central United States around the Great Lakes and the upper Mississippi Valley. It is generally considered to include Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and Nebraska. The area is known for its rich farmlands and highly industrialized centers.

Colorado is in the Rocky Mountain Area. Looks like you're gonna have to come up with new names.

Little geography lesson there
Why would I need new names? I already have Rocky Mountain and Mountain West, which goes along with what you said. Did you even look at the names or what?

Anyway, that's by no means a geography lesson. I know that people "generally" include the wrong states in the term "midwest," but most of those states are by no means in the MID nor WEST of the country. In fact, the geography lesson here is that people in those states are calling themselves by the wrong name, since they are in the Eastern half of the US...not even CLOSE to being in the West...
Old Sep 29, 2005, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

How about "Nagging Wives" who gives a crap where we are located if we have ourselves in the mid-West forum, then we can put a sticker on anyways. You guys are arguing about where we are located, lets just pick one instead of going back to high school and getting back into geography, if you don't like one, then give ideas.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Nagging Wives- LOL
I never thought of STL as being east coast, but hey, what the heck, I'm game- does that mean I need to aquire a F'ing East Coast attitude too!!! Nah, I'll pass.
Warrtalon, I checked your latest time slip- whats with that .125 reaction time?
You need to work on that too- J/K!
I like the Rocky mountain choice, but since I'm East Coast, I guess I'm not invited
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kryptonite
Nagging Wives- LOL
I never thought of STL as being east coast, but hey, what the heck, I'm game- does that mean I need to aquire a F'ing East Coast attitude too!!! Nah, I'll pass.
Warrtalon, I checked your latest time slip- whats with that .125 reaction time?
You need to work on that too- J/K!
I like the Rocky mountain choice, but since I'm East Coast, I guess I'm not invited
Yeah, .125 R/T sux donkey *****. I should never be allowed on the track again!

Anyway, I said "eastern half" not East Coast...big difference.

The purpose of making this name is not to have a name for everyone in the Midwest forum on EvoM. It's to have a name for a new regional Club that includes the states in the Rocky Mountain area. No one in St. Louis or Wisconsin will give a damn about this club...
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Rocky Mountain, with out a doubt. Anything else wouldn't do it justice!
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Being from the Chicago area originally and now living out here for a bit, I would say that we should do our own deal. Chicago and the general Midwest (iowa, indiana, wisconsin, etc) are so far away, I consider Colorado to be more West coast than midwest personally. I think just like vwvortex there should be a rocky moutnain region, consisting of CO, UT, WY, NV, etc. My 2 cents.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

The midwest actually has it's own evo club, but we are having some server/hosting problems. Most of the people in the MLC (Midwest Lancer Club) are in Chi-town.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

i definately consider my homestate of Illinois the mid west. They are other factors here then physical area. If you went by freqeuncy distribution of population IL, WI, MI, OH, etc would certainly be the mid part of the US, as the east coast is much more populated then the west. There is also a ton of states on the east coast and i don't think 6 or 7 states constitues the midwest and west half of the US especially when some of those states have less people then NY or Chicago. Besides, CO is considered the West if anything besides the Rocky Mountain area. And what should we consider Hawaii and Alaska, the far west? i also think the names were more delegated years ago when they was a lot less people living out west, but I don't know. makes complete sense IMO. I would join, i obviously don't like anything with the name mountains in it, since my area has none. but if IL should not be considered in this discussion, leave the Midwest name out of it, hehe. Midwest Mitsus maybe?
Old Sep 29, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

this is bumb man go start your club will see how long it last.

Quick Reply: Choose the Midwest Evo Club name...