Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Anyone near Olathe, KS?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2006, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmmm never seen it?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:14 AM

is there evo meets at sonic on saturday nights? because when i drove by i saw at least 5 up there at 135th and blackbob.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:12 AM

Where did you guys buy your evo's in KC? I went to the dealership on saturday @ 8787 Metcalf, and they were the typical cheesey shark salesmen. I didn't care for their lack of knowledge, price negotiating, or arrogance.

And the dealership here in Manhattan, KS is a complete waste of time.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by ksuchewie
Where did you guys buy your evo's in KC? I went to the dealership on saturday @ 8787 Metcalf, and they were the typical cheesey shark salesmen. I didn't care for their lack of knowledge, price negotiating, or arrogance.

And the dealership here in Manhattan, KS is a complete waste of time.
That's where I bought my MR 2 years ago. Chuck was my salesman. Just talked to him the other day while getting my 30k service completed.

They have a silver IX SE on the showroom floor. $33k or something like that.

They didn't negotiate on my sale price. Sticker or nothing. So I paid sticker.

I didn't have any problems. I knew the price would be sticker. I tried negotiating on my trade, didn't like their offer, so I kept that car and sold it myself for 2k more.

One more thought, I thought the car was worth more after driving it, so sticker was fair to me.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:13 AM

Yeah, I was looking at that silver SE. I was sitting in it, and someone yelled, "What out, those seats will suck you in and you'll never get out".... meanwhile my srt-4 is out in the parking lot and those seats wrap around you even more. I get out and someone asked how I liked the seats, and I said they were ok. They looked at me like I was retarded and I should bow down to the EVO seats. Don't get me wrong, the seats are good, but the seats in my SRT-4 wrap in better, and at the same time provide more cushion. I started asking about pricing matching, or at least lower the price because of South Coast prices and they were saying it's impossible to sell evo's for that price.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

I bought at 8787 Metcalf 3 years ago, paid MSRP. I didn't have a problem with the sales department, they're just the average cheese-ball sales people. On the other side, I've had a few problems with their service department.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Compjoc
I bought at 8787 Metcalf 3 years ago, paid MSRP. I didn't have a problem with the sales department, they're just the average cheese-ball sales people. On the other side, I've had a few problems with their service department.
Curious as to what problems you experienced.

They don't always have the Evo parts, it seems like to me. I had to go back to finish up my 30k service.

Seem like an average experience to me. Not great but not bad either.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

You better off doing your own service work or taking it to a reputable performance shop to have done in this area.

1) There aren't many evo's sold here from local dealerships.

2) The amount that are sold, not everyone goes back for service work.

3) When I need part numbers, I come here first. Only one so far that hasn't matched is a crankshaft part number for an 03 Evo 8.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

I agree totally with Chad on this one.

But if you HAVE to go to a dealership Northtowne (Mike Brennaman specifically there) has probably sold more Evo's than anyone in town. He's been really good about calling me once a month to check up on things with the race car and to ask questions about it and he honestly is trying to learn about the car. We've appreciated Mike's work so much that we bought another evo from him a couple of weeks ago. They keep them in stock and they will move on the price enough that it's worth it to not buy one from California.

As for the rest of Northtowne all I can say is from my very limited expierence with them it's clear they don't see a lot of Evo's but I really have no complaints at all. They have treated me pretty well. But Chad is right, no-onw has more service expierence on evo's in town probably than the performance shops in town. Specifially Chad actually.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MREvo_KC
Curious as to what problems you experienced.

They don't always have the Evo parts, it seems like to me. I had to go back to finish up my 30k service.

Seem like an average experience to me. Not great but not bad either.
The service department just doesn't know about the car (major repair wise). They are fine for oil changes and what not (if you have the $) but every major repair I've had under warranty, they've screwed up.

5th gear grind - warrantied (tranny rebuilt)- screwed up, car wouldn't go into reverse, had to pull the tranny back out (took an extra 2 days).

t-case howling - warrantied after argument (replaced t-case) - the new t-case leaked, after 3 visits to repair the leak, it still leaked. I finally fixed it myself when doing a clutch install.

Driver seat broke - warrantied (replaced seat) - screwed up and took an additional week to order new parts.

And a few other minor things.

All in all, I've learned my lesson and do all work myself now a days. I'd definitely recommend Dieman (Chad) for any of you guys looking to get their car professionally serviced.

Last edited by Compjoc; Oct 19, 2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the info Compjoc.

Mine only goes there for the free maintenance. I have up until 45k miles, then I'll be taking care of it myself (or through other shops such as Dieman or Chad). Mine is a 2005 with maintenance included.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 03:06 PM

does anyone have any ideas of a simple way to get through the firewall on a evo 8? im trying to wire my amp but i cant find a way through the firewall to get to the battery.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know through any way of communication possible.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Took the evo into Overland Park Mitsu this morning for it's 35K service (oil change and rotation)- the service guy was pretty friendly and I was in and out of there in an hour which was nice.

The sales people gave me that "fargo" feeling. It's a small older dealership which helped add to that feeling and then watching the sleezey salesmen outside in trnchcoats rearranging the lot was just creepy. lol

I did see the silver 9 SE there- pretty sweet.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 07:40 AM

hey SMP just want to ask how much did you pay for your oil change? yeah everytime i go to work i see her that silver 9 SE out in the parking lot. thanks jb
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

I have free services until 45K- so the cost to me was $0.00 lol... But I think the dealer charge slike $85.00 or something stupid for a synthetic oil change.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Olathe, KS?