Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Buying Evo IX have some questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying Evo IX have some questions

Hey guys thanks for reading my thread. Well im finally trading in my wrx and buying an Evo. I went to Max Madsen mitsubishi in country side Illinois, and got my wrx appraised. They gave me 10,000 for the trade and i am looking at a graphite grey evo IX with ssl package. They told me i would have to finance about 27,000. I have very good credit, but it seems like im not getting a deal at all on the car. I know south coast mitsubishi is selling them very cheap why wont dealers elsewhere than california sell them that cheap? What should i pay for this car? 37,000 otd for an ssl IX i think is very expensive. If anybody could help me out or just give me an opinion it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Chris
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

I think you could sell your Wrx for more than 10k at 400whp. And get a better price on the ssl. 37k just seems too high imo.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would just contact southcoast and talk to mark...nothing but high praises from them...you could probably try printing out the ad for their sales, and show 'em to max madsen's dealership...if no dice, i'd opt to get the IX from southcoast...i think they take trades too if i'm not mistaken...g/l on your decision...
Old Jun 24, 2006, 02:31 AM
Evolving Member

dont get it from max madsen in countryside... i called them and didnt find them helpful at all..
wouldnt negotiate... i'd rather get one from southcoast in CA.. their deals are insane!
Old Jun 24, 2006, 10:55 AM

Bought my IX MR IN GG from Downers Grove!

I got a great deal on my 03' evo trade + a good deal on the 06 in November when they first released them. All you gotta do is wait until the end of the month to get your best deal. Make sure you going in on the last Sat. or two or three days before the end of the month. Ask for Mark and tell him Rob Moretti sent ya in!
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:11 AM

Chris,

Sell your wrx private party if you can to give you more room to negotiate a better deal, then talk to mark at south coast. If i'm not mistaken you could probably fly in, have mark pick yah up and walk out with an ix w/ssl for around 33k or so . I looked at several dealers and the best prices where from huntington beach and south coast mitsu. An ix w/ssl for 37k is insane, you could get an MR for almost 1k less from south coast and that is with crazy cali tax .
Good luck on your future evo purchase.

-Tay
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:17 AM

thanks for all the replies yeah my wrx is bone stock now so i dont think i can get too much more for it. Im gonna call soutchoast and see what they say. Thanks again.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:23 AM
Ike
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BstdEvo9
thanks for all the replies yeah my wrx is bone stock now so i dont think i can get too much more for it. Im gonna call soutchoast and see what they say. Thanks again.
I traded in my '03 WRX with 35k miles for 16k in January, got over bluebook and got a good deal on my Evo.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:33 AM

ike what dealer did you go through and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jspecEVO
I got a great deal on my 03' evo trade + a good deal on the 06 in November when they first released them. All you gotta do is wait until the end of the month to get your best deal. Make sure you going in on the last Sat. or two or three days before the end of the month. Ask for Mark and tell him Rob Moretti sent ya in!
What kind of a deal did they make you?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
South Coast Mitsubishi all the way!!! 37K for a IX with SSL...i got my MR at hunington beach for 36,500otd...soo i say like everyone is Go to SCM!!!!!!! you'll save alot of $$$
Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:17 PM

I got my 06 IX w/SSL yesterday from Luxury Motors Mitsu in Orland Park for 32k+ttl. I just told them that South Coast would sell for 31,299+500 shipping to Chicago and they pretty much said that they would do it for 32k ( extra $200 for the convenience factor of not having to worry about having car shipped or wait period). No hidden fees or any b.s. Talk to Victor. They should still have a black SSL, I bought the white one.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

just sell your wrx private party and then look for a used one evo ix. i just went through the same thing but i owned and evo 8. the dealer kept jacking up the prices and would only give me 20000 for the eight. so i waited and sold it pp and found a used IX MR and had it shipped to me for 28900 with only 900 miles on it. so in my case it was worth the wait
Old Jun 25, 2006, 07:31 PM

Talk to Mark over at Max Madsen in Downers Grove. I bought two 9MRs from him and paid something like 36,5 out the door. When I had a tire blow out they sent a flat bed to my house to pick the car up. Have had good luck with them over there. Tell him Derek referred you. Good luck!
Old Jun 25, 2006, 08:22 PM
Ike
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BstdEvo9
ike what dealer did you go through and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?
The price I got won't help you much since I bought used because I wanted to save some money and am hoping to jump into a Evo X or new STI once they're available.
The reason I got 16k is because that's what Subaru was offering me if I bought a new Suby from them. I told the dealer I got that price on my trade or I went and bought an STI.

Quick Reply: Buying Evo IX have some questions