Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Great country road drive near Minneapolis this Saturday

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great country road drive near Minneapolis this Saturday

Hey Guys,

I'll be leading the local Audi Club's fall color tour this weekend. Any type of car is welcome. We'll be driving the gorgeous twisties over the border in western Wisconsin. I have been organizing tours on these roads for many years. They really are some of the best driving roads in the country. Tons of curves, up and down hills, and you almost never see another vehicle! I was checking the route yesterday. In three hours of driving I saw maybe six pick up trucks, a couple tractors, and four or five cars. The roads are belong to us!

Meet at the Pickle Factory in Pepin, WI for breakfast at 9am, tour starts at 10. The route will wind through the deserted country roads and finish with a late lunch at the Monarch in Fountain City, WI.

This won't be a super fast tour like I usually run, but everybody will get a complete set of route instructions and map for future use if desired. I guarantee more lateral Gs per mile than anywhere else besides a race track!

Check out http://www.glacierlakesqclub.org/ for full details and directions to the Pickle.

See you in the twisties!