Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show, MN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2003, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show, MN

Hey everyone,

Wanted to let you all know about the 5th Annual, All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show. This event is happening August 23rd, 2003 at the Ellingson Car Museum near Minneapolis, MN.

The show is open to all Mitsubishi built sports cars. Last year's event had 75 Mitsus there!! This year I'm shooting for 90. I know there are a lot of MN EVO owners lurking around the board. Here is your chance for you all to get together. I saw several of you at the MN Sport Compact meet last weekend.

To get all the details about this huge event, surf on over to:
http://www.mn3s.org/all_mitsubishi2003.html

Hope to see you there,
Curt
http://www.mn3s.org

EDIT: Any chance I could get a sticky on this? Its the biggest Mitsubishi event in Minnesota.

Last edited by curt_gendron; Jul 3, 2003 at 07:57 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 11:48 AM

Hey everyone,

I've updated the All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show webpage. I've added some hotel information for people coming from outside of Minnesota. I'm hoping to see a lot of EVOs there.

The All Mitsu Cookout page is at:
http://www.mn3s.org/all_mitsubishi2003.html

later,
Curt
Old Jun 10, 2003, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

count me in!

did you guys do this event last year at a park in Maple Grove? I remeber seeing a TON of DSMs, GTOs, etc. I was out biking and decided not to get my car - didn't know how welcome a fd would have been
Old Jun 10, 2003, 10:37 PM

Hey Eric,

Yes we did do it at a park in Maple Grove last year. We had it at Weaver Lake Park. See: http://mn3s.org/cookout2002.html for pics from last year. We had 75 cars there then. We'll be shooting for 90 this year. Can't wait to see your Evo there!

later,
Curt
Old Jun 20, 2003, 05:14 AM

Hey everyone,

New this year at the Cookout will be trophies. We'll be having trophies for first, second, and third place for each category. Here is the list of categories:

Best 90-94 DSM
Best 95-99 DSM
Best 00+ Eclipse/Stratus coupe
Best 91-93 3/S
Best 94-99 3/S
Best Evo
Best Classic Mitsu (89 and older)
Best Other
Cleanest Car Overall

The cleanest car overall category only has a first place trophy, but all of the others will feature 3 trophies.

The "other" category will probably me merged with either the classics, Evo, or 00+ Eclipse category. This is because I'd like to have at least 5 cars in each category. If every category has at least 5 cars, then I won't mess with the categories.

So hopefully we can have 5 to 10 EVOs there this year. Then you'll have your own category for voting and you won't be merged with another category.

Hope to see you there,
Curt
Old Jun 26, 2003, 05:42 PM

Hey guys,

Look at what I found in the local Crow River News......

The All Mitsu Cookout is getting to be a BIG thing now. Trophies, sponsors and newspaper ads!!

later,
Curt
Old Jul 6, 2003, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Are fake EVO owners allowed to show up? I just want to come down and drool on your cars. I see you guys around town, mostly a silver EVO in maple grove, Im going to try and make it to meet y'all.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 07:04 PM

Yes, non-turbo Lancers are welcome too. You'll be in the other category. Its going to be a lot of fun!! I should really change the webpage to include non-turbo Lancers.

Basiclly if you own a Mitsu and you are an enthusiast, I want you there!!

later,
Curt
Old Jul 19, 2003, 04:05 PM

Hey everyone,

A few new things....... Brookdale Mitsubishi is a sponsor for the All Mitsu Cookout. They'll have over 100 prizes there to give away. That means almost everyone will walk away with something.

Also, registration is only $5 this year because of the sponsorship. That means for $5 it gets you, a guest, and your Mitsu into the show. And all the food you can eat, plus prizes!!

I only have one EVO officially signed up with a couple others telling me that might be there. I'd love to have a nice line up of them!

The Cookout is just around the corner......

later,
Curt
Old Jul 29, 2003, 06:26 AM

Hey everyone,

Plans are coming along GREAT for the All Mitsu Cookout. I ordered all the trophies last week and we have 42 people signed up so far. My goal is 90 cars, and we are well on our way to that goal.

If you are planning on coming, send me an e-mail at cgendron@mail.com Include your full name, car info, and where you are coming from. It makes my planning a little easier if I know you are coming ahead of time.

Hope you can make it,
Curt
Old Jul 30, 2003, 06:24 AM

What if i have a couple of friends that would like to go to the cook out?? will that be 5 per person or 5 per car?? because I might show up in a group of 4-5...
Old Jul 30, 2003, 08:42 AM

Well, two people can eat for your $5 registration. If you bring two more people, they can eat for another $5.

Are you just bringing them to show off that you actually have a back seat. Because I guarantee your friends wouldn't want to sit in my back seat.

Hope you can make it,
Curt
Old Jul 30, 2003, 10:04 AM

Actually... They're coming because they wanna look good in a a Good Car... J/k... ACtually they just want to eat...
Old Aug 4, 2003, 06:40 AM

LOL... They'll always look good in a Mitsu.

We are less than three weeks away from the All Mitsu Cookout. I've got close to 50 signed up so far. Things are looking really good so far.

Here are few reminders for the Cookout:

1. Bring an FRS radio with subcodes. We'll be announcing prize winners with the radios. Plus I'll use them for other announcements.

2. If you want to be my new best friend, sign up for the event now, and paypal me the $5 registration. It makes my life a lot easier.

3. The Ellingson Car Museum is being very gracious to let us use there grounds for our show. Lets respect them by picking up our garbage and visit there ice cream parlor and gift shop. They have some cool stuff in there.

Thanks,
Curt
Old Aug 10, 2003, 07:04 AM

Hey everyone,

I've got three EVO owners officially signed up. I also have a few other Lancer and EVO owners that have told me they are coming. We are now less than two weeks away from the biggest Mitsu event in the Upper Midwest! So far I've got 61 people signed up to come. Its going to be AWESOME!

I picked up the trophies for the show last week. Here is a pic:
http://www.mn3s.org/trophies.jpg

Hope you can make it,
Curt

Quick Reply: All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show, MN