Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

MN Evos Beware!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2003, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MN Evos Beware!!!

After going to work in my Evo, my wife called and said there was a huge puddle of oil where my car was. I took the car to Brookdale Mitsubishi and they told me that there was a bad seal and would have to keep my car until the following morning until they get the part in. Cool.
I get a message on my cell phone the very next morning saying I should call them back around 7 am. I reach them at around 8:30 am and was notified that my car was broken into and my $3000 tv/dvd setup got stolen. along with that my most of my dash got ripped out from the crooks trying to take out my deck.
To make a story short, why the f*ck would the dealership park my car outside. My 19" Volks alone are tempting enough to try to steal. The service manager initially said that he would pay my deductable,but after my insurance company talked to him and told them that my deductable was $500, he called me back and said that he would only pay half of that. This all happened in less than 24 hours so I think it was an inside job. I got my lawyer on it because I ain't gonna pay sh*t out of my pockets for it. The dealer gave me an old *** Galant for a loaner car. Very comparable to a brand new Evo8 huh??
My suggestion to all you Evo8 owners is don't go to Brookdale Mitsubishi in Brooklyn Park. These are the very same pple I bought the car from.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Stick to your guns man thats total bull****. I bet a technician nabbed your stuff. Let the lawyer chew them up and spit them out. I would go ballistic if I had a Evo and it got broken into. Sorry to hear about your car getting molested.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 12:25 PM

SORRY TO SAY.... YOUR FAULT. YOU SHOULD OF SPECIFICALLY TOLD THE SERVICE DEPT. TO PUT YOUR VEHICLE INSIDE. Obviously the dealer did'nt have a spare Evo to give you for a loaner. Sorry it happend dude!
Old Jun 7, 2003, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evomadness
Obviously the dealer did'nt have a spare Evo to give you for a loaner.
Um RIGHT.......I'm sure they just have 34651654 extra EVO's around to give him as a loaner car

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear what happened.....I'm sure the dealership has a camera in the parking lot.....ask them to see the tape!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 7, 2003, 02:28 PM

All the service techs and everybody that worked there new what I had in my car and how much money I dropped into it. Everybody was there was drooling when I dropped by 1 week later with all my stuff in it already. The service manager especially new what I had in there and he still put my car outside when there was plenty of room inside the bay. It's straight up stupidity on their part. I've been there enough for the dealership to know not to park the car outside. On previous services they offered to take the car thru the car wash and I told them that it would probally mess up the aluminum front end. They petty much treated me like shi*t after I drooped $30K with them on the car. All I'm saying is that there should have been a lot of *** kissing but instead they treated me like it was my fault. Them sons of b*tches!!!
Old Jun 7, 2003, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

That blows man....
I used to have a GS-R and I left the car over night at the dealership also. Couple days later i get a call from the police explaining to me that they found my car, im like "found my car, its at the dealership!" I go to the dealership to find out what happened they didnt even know it was stolen. I ended up paying all damages and the car was a write off, my whole damn life is about write offs with insurance.

Did you sign a sheet saying that they aren't liable for any damage etc. If you can tell us the results of the case.
Old Jun 7, 2003, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hellraiser is correct, ask them for the surveillance talpe
Old Jun 7, 2003, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Man that sucks DrEvo,,,,I have had prior cars/trucks broke into about 6 times. I cant stomach seeing a evo riped apart.

Im pretty pissed at the thought right now.

Dont you wish you could get your hands on who did that for at least 5 minutes,,,,,,

That also sucks about the dealership giving you alot of BS.
Keep your attonery on it,, you will get them to pay for everything , maybe more,
Old Jun 7, 2003, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by insomniac_evo
hellraiser is correct, ask them for the surveillance talpe
I love being right......jk.....

My left hand is alseep

If the dealership says they do have a tape, but they can't show it to you, I would say right there it shows that one of their own employees are guilty
Old Jun 7, 2003, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Dr_evo
... They petty much treated me like shi*t after I drooped $30K with them on the car. All I'm saying is that there should have been a lot of *** kissing but instead they treated me like it was my fault. Them sons of b*tches!!!
funny... that's where i bought mine from too! and they treated me like **** also, except for the guy who actually sold me the car and one mechanic. the mechanic actually gave me 3 bottles of degreaser for my rims, 4 bottles of showroom wax, and a case of detailing liquid stuff... other than that, no one gave a rat's *** about me. **** brookdale Mitsubishi... but then again, i'm not gonna take my car to maplewood mitsu either... tough choices...

and BTW, brookline center (where brookdale is) has lots of punk thugs and car thieves... how do i know? my cousins live there. he!
Old Jun 7, 2003, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Dr_evo
... They petty much treated me like shi*t after I drooped $30K with them on the car. All I'm saying is that there should have been a lot of *** kissing but instead they treated me like it was my fault. Them sons of b*tches!!!
funny... that's where i bought mine from too! and they treated me like **** also, except for the guy who actually sold me the car and one mechanic. the mechanic actually gave me 3 bottles of degreaser for my rims, 4 bottles of showroom wax, and a case of detailing liquid stuff... other than that, no one gave a rat's *** about me. **** brookdale Mitsubishi... but then again, i'm not gonna take my car to maplewood mitsu either... tough choices...

and BTW, brooklyn center (where brookdale is) has lots of punk thugs and car thieves... how do i know? my cousins live there. he!
Old Jun 7, 2003, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

ouch that sucks ***....
I would have your lawyer start chewing them a new one... what have the police had to say about all this? I would get them involved, especially when you get access to the tape.
Old Jun 8, 2003, 02:41 AM
Evolving Member

hey trigeek37, what's your nationality; i once met a guy with a silver evo at perkins in st. paul...
Old Jun 8, 2003, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

DeZaVu - German/Norwegian (imagine that in MN with a name like Eric!)

sorry to hear about your car bro, that sucks big time ***!

you should join us the next time we get together (twin cities Evo owners - you would fit right in with your black evo)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=25811
Old Jun 8, 2003, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

that's all good... i'm wondering where abouts you guys meet up? i'd like to swing by sometime and EVO chit chat or something...

Quick Reply: MN Evos Beware!!!