Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

good alignment shop in chicago

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good alignment shop in chicago

Does anyone know a reputable shop that does good alignment in the
suburbs?

I just had it aligned but steering seems a bit off.
It drives a bit to the right when the steering if centered.
I really don't think the shop I got it done from knows what they're doing.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is NOT in the suburbs...sorry. But I just got full suspension installed by Robert Fuller, aka RobiSpec. After corner weighting and doing a full laser string alingment, the shop that was letting us use thier rack for installs asked if I would mind letting them check my settings against what Robi had done.

Their rack was VERY close...like within a couple of percent. For instance, rear toe was within .05* of what Robi said it was. That is pretty darn close. All other settings were right on or within a gnat's ***.

The shop is Central Caldwell Service http://tinyurl.com/2e6hfu . Joe d'Agostino is the guy in charge...good guy, really particular. Zorro is the alignment guy...he is a fanatical nut about alignments.

Like I said, not in the 'burbs, but probaby worth your time...and don't be scared when you pull up...it's the people that do the work that count...all of them their are terrific guys!

If you do check them out, tell them St. Louis from the RobiSpec suspension installs sent you. (I don't profit if you do...)