Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Indianapolis Area...Summer Cookout?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm down for it... but my EVO might not be. Ran into some major money problems... unemployment and getting kicked out of home sucks! Oh yeah court Thursday too...
Old May 1, 2007, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi . I'm fairly new to the forums.. I posted on indycarz.com as "Civicsi00.." I used to have a carbon black civic si that wasn't too bad.. but I got sick of it and bought an 05 Red Evo Mr a little over a year ago.. but I definitely think a bunch of us should get together and hang out . I live on the SS of indy in greenwood.. so I'm usually around here every weekend.. Where is every one from? Maybe you guys can come chill down here on the weekend.. The sisters past the walls is a good spot, along with steak n shake, etc. etc. there is a lot of good places around here.. except for mad cops and "gangsters" lol. But definitely let me know where you guys are from and where you hang out on the weekends.. I have another friend that drives a silver evo 9 with no wing that is cool to meet up too.

Oh yah.. My name is Rob . so Nice to meet all of you.

As for the Suds.. Definitely not a good place to go with Nice Imports.. Last time I had my EVO down there .. It was just a bunch of people making fun of it being a "Ricer" considering it was stock then lol.. but yeah.. not a pleasant times for us "Ricers aka Imports." If you have a mustangggggg or a muscle car then it is a cool place.. but other than that.. It wouldn't be a good place for us to hang out.

Just my opinion though from experience.. living down here.
Old May 2, 2007, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

as far as greenwood, i know most of the 5.0 down there, we are ok as long as you don't act stupid. the people in the neighborhood behind the dog and suds complain occasionally.

SHOWTIME - that was my GG MR most likely you saw down there, did it have a cf hood and trunk and volks? when the car is together i do go over there occasionally, especially since i live in greenwood
Old May 2, 2007, 03:54 AM
Evolving Member

Boost3dEvO - i have never had a problem going to the suds, when i had my EVO or my 99civic Si... never heard any flack from anyone.
take that back, couple of people did with my stock exterior civic until the hood was openned, little different story then - the questions wouldn't stop
Old May 2, 2007, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm down but I don't have an Evo. "Just" a Ralliart.

How about the weekend after (June 2,3)? If you are looking for a park setting, Sahm park on the north side has plenty of parking/picnic space I believe.
Old May 2, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

So you have a graphite evo mr? Have I seen you before then? Where do you hang out at? We should meet up on the weekends when all of the people are out and cruise bro. Let me know.
Old May 2, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know how down I am with taking a rice burner to the Suds. I used to go there a lot to admire the old cars and like the place, but I don't know about turning it into a tuner hangout
Old May 2, 2007, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Like I said.. People were just hating when I went down there with my Evo. They are only impressed by burnouts from a mustannggg or old muscle car.
Old May 2, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yah.. and Around June 2 would be cool. June 2nd is my 19th birthday ( :

CHEERS!
Old May 2, 2007, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05graphiteMR
as far as greenwood, i know most of the 5.0 down there, we are ok as long as you don't act stupid. the people in the neighborhood behind the dog and suds complain occasionally.

SHOWTIME - that was my GG MR most likely you saw down there, did it have a cf hood and trunk and volks? when the car is together i do go over there occasionally, especially since i live in greenwood
Cool we will have to meet up there some time. PLEASE people dont get a bad impression of the dog and suds i have been going ther since i was 4 and people have been showing there cars there since the 50's and i have never seen, heard, or witnessed anyone talking trash about anybody import or any car for that matter so if anybody ever want to meet up there i go dam near all summer long on saturday evenings
Old May 3, 2007, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

like i said i have never had a problem there, been hanging out there in my cars or riding down there for a long time
Old May 3, 2007, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Wasn't the original talk about a "family" picnic/coockout sort of deal?

not knocking the night time hang outs, but I think a lot of us have too much going on or too many responsibilities that an evening hang out would not be feasable. Not saying I never get out on the weekends, but I think the original talk here was to get our better halves out too. (I get in enough trouble spending evenings in the garage instead of hanging out with the family )

If a cookout is still in the works let me know. I am game for something like that so the wife and the kiddo and I can all come.
Old May 3, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Chase and I talked about this and he posted it up...

Maybe it would be better to have a meet/greet at a local cruise in or weekly show.

Noblesville I believe is on Saturdays but they really wouldn't have enough room for us.
Suds also has limited space also.
Washington Street has a weekly deal on Fridays.

If it does pan out to meet up at Weekly show we could always meet at some eatery and the cruise to the Show area afterwards.

I am just throwing out options. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old May 3, 2007, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gary C
Chase and I talked about this and he posted it up...

Maybe it would be better to have a meet/greet at a local cruise in or weekly show.

Noblesville I believe is on Saturdays but they really wouldn't have enough room for us.
Suds also has limited space also.
Washington Street has a weekly deal on Fridays.

If it does pan out to meet up at Weekly show we could always meet at some eatery and the cruise to the Show area afterwards.

I am just throwing out options. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Whatever you guys decide works for me.
Old May 3, 2007, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

if you get to the suds at a reasonable time there is room, people end up parking from main all the way around the curve to madison and even down madison a little bit sometimes

Quick Reply: Indianapolis Area...Summer Cookout?