Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Car Show Chicago Area

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2003, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Show Chicago Area

Every Friday and Saturday there will be a car show at the OLD Lakehurst Mall, now called Village Theaters. This show started about 3 weeks ago and it's is getting bigger all the time!!!
THERE IS NO CHARGE TO COME IN RIGHT NOW!!! We are now getting live D.J.'s to do battles & soon a female mud wrestling pit (if not this weekend maybe next weekend), show girls OF COURSE, nice cars and trucks, even old muscle cars, low riders, and hoppers. We just got a tent that is 40x60 yards from what I hear (might get a 40x100 yard one) so we will be doing this rain or shine. Soon we will even be doing cook outs and we are planning a party for the 4th!!! The Car Club I am in is working with the Magazine Company (Common Cenz) that is putting this all together. My Club (Internal Response of Illinois I'm the VP) is helping with setup and manage the show with them. PLEASE...everyone in the Chicago and Southern Wisconsin area....we need cars to come down. We can only get so big with the people in the area. If your a part of a car club or know someone that is...PASS THIS ON TO THEM!!! The more people that know about this the better it will be!!! Please keep in mind when showing up...it's in it's infancy and YES we are looking for imput to make it better every week. So by all means if you come....look for one of the staff people and tell them you want to talk to John, Derek, or Hayden about an idea for the show.
The show address is at 601 Lakehurst Rd. Waukegan, IL. 60085 so you can mapquest it. All we ask is that people pull in and pull out WITH RESPECT. No driving like a jerk, burn outs, whatever. Be cool and come show off your car. It starts off at around 8 and goes till at least 11...sometimes 1 in the moring depending on everyone else leaving.
At the moment we will be calling it Import Nights @The Village....but we are changing the name soon to something else to cover all of what will be going on.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

hey man, cool info. Ill tell the club im in (MLC) about it!!
Old Jun 26, 2003, 04:51 PM

If you need help running anything let me know...
Me and MLC would be happy to help...
Old Jun 27, 2003, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

How far is that from Milwaukee, if it's not far I will come down next weekend for sure.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 08:35 PM
Account Disabled

It is only about 45 minutes from Milwaukee. Easy to get there also. Just come down I-94, follow the signs to Waukegan (HWY 41) go about 12 miles and you will see a sign exiting to HWY 43, (Grayslake) Take it, go straight. and the Mall is on the right. It is abonded. The movie theater is 3 lights up on the left.

This sounds good. I will try to be there when I don't have a race to go to. Hey, Friday is the 4th, that would be cool.