Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Lake of the Ozarks meet, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake of the Ozarks meet, anyone?

So I'm kinda new to the evom community and want to get to know some local, or even not-so-local evo owners. I live at the lake and I just got to thinking, what a perfect place for a meet (or mini-meet...). The roads out here around the coves are twisty and there are a lot of photo opportunities, too. Plus its just a fun summer place. I'll provide the food for a cookout, and we can have it at the state park, a regular park, a parking lot, my house, someone's lawn (...), I don't care. I guess it really depends on the interest. As for when, I could do it as soon as next weekend, the following weekend, or pretty much any weekend in August. Anyone interested?

****UPDATE: Tentative Agenda****

Date: Saturday, August 25th

11:00 - 11:30-- Meet and greet at Sky Ferry parking lot (across the Bagnell Dam on immediate left)

11:30-- Leave for Osage Public Beach #2 for cookout

2:00(ish)-- Either go check out the Lake Shootout at Shooter's 21 or go-carting at the Nascart track (definitely fastest public go carts I know of). I guess it all depends on what time we finish cooking out, because the nicer, faster boats only run from 1-4pm.

I'm trying to find some good scenic spots for a little photoshoot, too. Suggestions welcome.

After that we'll just play it by ear. I kinda would like to hang out on the "strip" for a little bit, because I never see any real nice Mitsu's there. Usually just big redneck trucks and very poorly done ricers.

Again, suggestions welcome. Can't wait for this, it's gonna be a blast!!

**UPDATED LIST AS OF 8/24:

1. matt6g72-03 Evo VIII
2. davidmitsusrock
3. svt/dsm_gu-(tentative)
4. KC_RR05mr-JB (no longer attending)
5. Shadowpriest-Evo IX(and his STi buddy... )
6. 2slow4u-Evo VIII
7. hasetak-(tentative)
8. SRJ -EVO-VIII
9. killakam-3g eclipse
10. 91talon_man-1g dsm
11. thestealth -1g 3/s
12. str8kor (and his RX-8 buddy) -Evo VIII
13. gunhaha- Evo IX SE
14. garbo- Montero!

Last edited by matt6g72; Aug 24, 2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:47 AM

I am always up for coming down to the Lake!! This would just make it that much better. If some people could commit I would definetly be down for this.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My summer's are overly busy now that I've developed a track habit! The Ozarks is he11i-fun though, so ya never know.

Guess we'll hafta see what kind of feedback we get from this. It's a long trip for those of us on the IL side especially.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 07:59 PM

I'm down for a meet. I'll be out of town aug 4th - 12th. most saturdays are good for me.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

i've only been to the ozarks once and that was when i was younger how far away is it? I live like 20 mins away from st. louis
Old Jul 3, 2007, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by big_huff
i've only been to the ozarks once and that was when i was younger how far away is it? I live like 20 mins away from st. louis
2.5 hrs from the IL side probably.

Take 70 W way outta town, then turn off south is the way I've been. That's when we were going to the damn (MM#3 to be specific). Depends where you wanna go of course. I'm not real familiar with the area.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

I'm interested. I have never been to the Ozarks lake. How far is it from KC or Overland Park?

gunhaha
Old Jul 3, 2007, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by gunhaha
I'm interested. I have never been to the Ozarks lake. How far is it from KC or Overland Park?

gunhaha
about 3 hrs or so.

I'm thinking Sat, Aug. 25th would be a good weekend to have this meet. That should give enough time to build interest and to make arrangements. We will meet at noon or so in the parking lot on the left after you cross the Bagnell Dam- its where the old sky ferry is. Then we can caravan to the State Park or somewhere to cook out, haven't figured that one out yet for sure. There is also the Lake Rescue Shootout ( www.lakeshootout.com ) which is the huge boat race that day which might be fun to check out. So if anyone has any ideas of their own, please let us know. I'm gonna start a list, so I will add your name if you are interested.

Last edited by matt6g72; Jul 7, 2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 10:00 PM

Lake of the Ozarks meet:

1. matt6g72- Matt
2. KC_RR05mr- JB
3. Shadowpriest (and his STi buddy... )
4. carluver
5. hasetak (?)

Last edited by matt6g72; Jul 7, 2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:52 AM

i love to see the lake never been there.... so add me to your list matt....kc_rr05mr- JB
Old Jul 4, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

One of my good friends from back in high school lives in Jefferson City. He and another friend of mine are driving up to Cedar Rapids this weekend to go see Transformers with me. I've been down to Jeff City twice in the past two months so I'm sure I could make arrangements for an August meet. As long as my buddy gets to bring his STi... .
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by matt6g72
Lake of the Ozarks meet:

1. matt6g72- Matt
2. KC_RR05mr- JB
3. Shadowpriest (and his STi buddy... )
I'm in, please add me.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking Sat, Aug. 25th would be a good weekend to have this meet. That should give enough time to build interest and to make arrangements....
I'm interested, but can't that weekend. I'm running/instructing @ Gateway.
I was really hoping more locals Evo's would show up to participate in this as well. I was part of the first event on June 3rd and everything went really smoothly. Except for the instructor (not I) who had the mechanical failure in the last session and hit the wall.
I had 2 students; both in RWD cars and just think I could help out an AWD student better as I know those lines around gateway better than the original RWD lines everybody is taught!

Aug 25 • Gateway Int'l • St Louis - SCCA level 1 event
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:31 PM

about 3 hrs or so.

I'm thinking Sat, Aug. 25th would be a good weekend to have this meet. That should give enough time to build interest and to make arrangements. We will meet at noon or so in the parking lot on the left after you cross the Bagnell Dam- its where the old sky ferry is. Then we can caravan to the State Park or somewhere to cook out, haven't figured that one out yet for sure. There is also the Lake Rescue Shootout ( www.lakeshootout.com ) which is the huge boat race that day which might be fun to check out. So if anyone has any ideas of their own, please let us know. I'm gonna start a list, so add your name if you are interested.
This may sound strange but I am driving the EVO from central cali to sw missouri and will be there on that weekend. I wouldn't mind checking it out if i have time. kind of curious to meat some of the evo owners from around where i grew up (MTN Grove).
Old Jul 7, 2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by hasetak
This may sound strange but I am driving the EVO from central cali to sw missouri and will be there on that weekend. I wouldn't mind checking it out if i have time. kind of curious to meat some of the evo owners from around where i grew up (MTN Grove).
-Thats funny, my brother has an Evo, too, and I'm trying to get him to drive out here from San Diego. Maybe you guys can meet up and caravan!

Quick Reply: Lake of the Ozarks meet, anyone?