Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

List of Fun Roads In/Around Chicago...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
List of Fun Roads In/Around Chicago...

Hey guys I saw a thread another member made in the South region forum and it got me thinking...what are some FUN roads in and around Chicago? I'm talking about twisties/elevation changes/straight-a-ways/long and short sweepers/etc that actually are long enough to play in.

DOWNTOWN CHICAGO:
1.) "Infamous" Lower Wacker Dr.

SOUTH BARRINGTON:
1.) Otis & Lake Cook road, (area hidden in the forest, very fun road).
2.) Cuba road (off of Northwest Hwy?).

BUFFALO GROVE/WHEELING/VERNON HILLS AREA:
1.) Corporate Center off of Milwaukee Ave, little past Deerfield road (on left -huge playground for our cars).
Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:35 PM

o the infamous HAUNTED cuba road...haha soo dark !
Old Jul 4, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

I live on a street off of Cuba, right next to the cemetery. It's sort of off NW Hwy, but you want to go east from the intersection of cuba and 59. Right around there there are some nice curvy sweepers, up to about 70mph! Long, smooth, and fast curves are fun. I don't go fast west of the intersection of cuba & 59, because there are so many hidden driveways, especially when it's dark, it's not safe to go much faster than 50mph.

That corporate area in BG/Vernon hills is pretty sweet, Mitchubishi and I have had some good times in there

Haven't been on otis road yet
Old Jul 4, 2007, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

bump for adds!
Old Jul 4, 2007, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear Autobahn has some nice twisty roads, with a few straights and elevation changes... Heck, they even give you plenty of run-off room, guardrails and tirewalls, corner workers, safety workers and equipment! It's as if they WANT you to run your car hard there, and be safe driving there instead of doing the same thing on public roads. Imagine that!
Old Jul 9, 2007, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

...are you kidding me? Nobody else goes driving on fun roads?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Here is a thread from a couple weeks ago discussing roads in or around Chicago to play on. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=276175

I posted in there about the country roads west of rt47 and Huntley. Lot of open straights, twisties, and you might run into little elevation changes in some areas (not much though). Hardly any traffic which is the best part. The scenery is nothing to get excited about. However with the lack of trees and obstructions, you can see for miles in some spots. I love it mainly for tuning.

I think I've driven around those spots in South Barrington before. Actually I think it was south of Lake Cook rd and north of Algonquin rd just west of rt 59. I'll have to venture out there again and check it out.

Originally Posted by Noob4life
I hear Autobahn has some nice twisty roads, with a few straights and elevation changes... Heck, they even give you plenty of run-off room, guardrails and tirewalls, corner workers, safety workers and equipment! It's as if they WANT you to run your car hard there, and be safe driving there instead of doing the same thing on public roads. Imagine that!
I also hear it comes with a hefty price. Sure Autobahn and many other tracks for that matter are where you should go if you really want to test the limits of your driving/vehicle. I think this thread is mainly for those who are looking for a place to go on a nice spirited drive.

However if you're one of those people who just can't resist taking it to the limit on public roads, you should probably take noob4life's advice and save it for the track. I realize there's a fine line between spirited driving and really pushing the car hard to its limits but just use your head out there.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lower Wacker FTW<

Otherwise, Lake Shore Dr. (north of the Gold Coast/ north of the Drake Hotel).
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

If you are on the Skyway heading back to Chicago, take the Grant Street exit and you WILL NOT be disappointed. There is no toll to enter or exit, it's always deserted and it has THREE loops. Get off and get right back on. You can thank me later.

(This is only the exit/entrance heading WEST. The exit/entrance heading east to Indiana on Grant St is ho-hum)

Check out the map http://tinyurl.com/2x6zdf

Last edited by xphillipjrx; Aug 20, 2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:48 AM

sry for bumping this old thread. I think tower road in the north side has been covered. But I just want to add that the section of Sheridan Road between tower and highland park is awesome. The turns aren't as sharp as tower but the road surface is way better. Gotta watch out for cyclists and runners though now that the weather's better
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Irving Park road next to the O'hare airport right after manheim rd.. Long S curves+ no cops because of radio interference. Unless special police authorize.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Any more guys?
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:48 AM

Bluff Road in Lemont, tons of ups/down/left/right. just be careful when it rains, loose gravel gets on the road!
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Watch this OP be a police officer of the near by areas lol Now just preparing the tickets!!!

Just messing. We have some fun windy roads here too in the pittsburgh regional forum!

Sorry for butting in
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Haha, me a cop, that's funny :P.

Quick Reply: List of Fun Roads In/Around Chicago...