Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

High octane in STL area?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
High octane in STL area?

Anyone know where we can source 100 or 104 unleaded octane besides @ Gateway?

I'd like to find somewhere to grab like 5 gals and take it to various track events. If I can get around paying $6-7 a gallon that would be great!
Old Aug 10, 2007, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for question.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.tuxedoparkracing.com/VPRacingFuel.html

check these guys out.....Methanol they priced my was $100.00 more than I could buy it from my usual supplier (out of town), so they might be high on price.
Sieveking (sp) fuels off of old gravois rd may still sell racing fuels, but it has been years since I purchased from them.
Possibly any of the local speed shops????
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kryptonite
http://www.tuxedoparkracing.com/VPRacingFuel.html

check these guys out.....Methanol they priced my was $100.00 more than I could buy it from my usual supplier (out of town), so they might be high on price.
Well, their website lists 101 unleaded @ $9.04/gallon! 109 unleaded shows $9.95/gallon. That's higher than the track prices I've encountered!

Originally Posted by Kryptonite
Sieveking (sp) fuels off of old gravois rd may still sell racing fuels, but it has been years since I purchased from them.
Possibly any of the local speed shops????
I called these guys up, they do sell Sunoco leaded; but nothing unleaded.

Last edited by boomn29; Aug 10, 2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

I can;t think of anything off the top of my head right now, but I'll be over at Gateway, mostlikely, on Sat. and I'll ask around for ya on the unleaded.

Yep, steeeeep. I was willing to give a local my business on Methanol, since we buy 15-20 55gal barrels a year at about $199.00 for the 99.99999% pure stuff, and they quoted me $294.00 a barrel.....uhh, pass.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.turboblue.com/misso.asp

There is a BP gas station out here in the Washington, Mo that sells racing fuel from a regular pump island.

I believe it is Turbo Blue and selling from a pump island, most likely would be unleaded.

There are a couple of phone #'s that may be able to tell you locals of stations that sell it.
The BP in Wash. is at 5th street and hyw. 47. Last time I looked it was about $6 or 7 a gallon.
http://www.turboblue.com/product.asp
Old Aug 18, 2007, 07:17 PM

Thanks for the info. I usually go over to gateway for 100. I live downtown so it's not that far, but it's nice to know there are other places out there.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spraa
Thanks for the info. I usually go over to gateway for 100. I live downtown so it's not that far, but it's nice to know there are other places out there.
What's it run @ Gateway? It's cash-only right?
Old Aug 23, 2007, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boomn29
What's it run @ Gateway? It's cash-only right?
last time I tried getting race fuel from GIR it was i believe 4.50 for 100oct...and you have to pay cash and fill it up into gas cans. etc. etc.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 08:42 PM

Haha 4.50...man I wish. It cost me 7.00 a gal 2 weeks ago. Cash only, but you can pull up and pump.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpyderBite
last time I tried getting race fuel from GIR it was i believe 4.50 for 100oct...and you have to pay cash and fill it up into gas cans. etc. etc.
$7 gallon this weekend there in the infield.

Btw, the gas station just across from Gateway no longer sells 93 octane! I think it's a Pilot. There's a Phillips 66 just S of the interstate, but I don't think that chain carries 93. So, looks like the closest 93 would be into East STL by the metrolink.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

$7 gallon this weekend there in the infield.

Btw, the gas station just across from Gateway no longer sells 93 octane! I think it's a Pilot. There's a Phillips 66 just S of the interstate, but I don't think that chain carries 93. So, looks like the closest 93 would be into East STL by the metrolink.
Sorry to go off subject. Since I know you've raced the infield track, how often do they do that?
Old Aug 29, 2007, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpyderBite
Sorry to go off subject. Since I know you've raced the infield track, how often do they do that?
No problem.
Different groups put on events. Local car clubs such as Audi, PCA, BMW all have DE dates out there, usually twice a year for each. Other groups like the SCCA started this year. Redline put on a Time Attack and DE for the first time this year too. Phil Wicks has come in a few years.

Best bet is to shop around the various forums and keep you ears open. Or to know someone that runs out there (I do). Or if someone is cool enough to put together a listing of dates, then that's super cool. Check the sticky at the top of the Midwest section......someone here is pretty cool.

You can sign up for any DE with like the PCA or BMW groups for example and be a total and complete novice and be just fine. Just need a car in working order, clean brake fluid and a helmet. An open mind and some skill helps out too!
Old Aug 29, 2007, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

No problem.
Different groups put on events. Local car clubs such as Audi, PCA, BMW all have DE dates out there, usually twice a year for each. Other groups like the SCCA started this year. Redline put on a Time Attack and DE for the first time this year too. Phil Wicks has come in a few years.

Best bet is to shop around the various forums and keep you ears open. Or to know someone that runs out there (I do). Or if someone is cool enough to put together a listing of dates, then that's super cool. Check the sticky at the top of the Midwest section......someone here is pretty cool.

You can sign up for any DE with like the PCA or BMW groups for example and be a total and complete novice and be just fine. Just need a car in working order, clean brake fluid and a helmet. An open mind and some skill helps out too!

Thanks for the info...I was hoping they would have something monthley that GIR holds...Kinda like T&T tuesday type stuff lol
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:25 PM
Account Disabled

NP:

There's a dealer in Springfield, IL. that sells Sunoco race gas the next time you visit your girlfriend.

Feff

Quick Reply: High octane in STL area?