Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Max Madsen in Aurora, IL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Max Madsen in Aurora, IL

Anybody have any recent experience with them as far as warranty work goes? I've searched through previous threads, but most are from 2005. Looks like I may need to take my evo in, having some major issues. Car just died last night while driving and it will not restart. Mods are listed in my sig, all bolt-ons. I just want to get an idea of how picky they might be about mods and warranty work. If it comes down to it, I'll strip all of the mods off and put everything back to stock. The only problem then, is the re-flashed ecu.

Last edited by MasterNater; Sep 5, 2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not take your car there. Their customer sevice with modded cars sucks. They will do what ever they can to try and blame the problems on the mods that are done to the car.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redevo58
Do not take your car there. Their customer sevice with modded cars sucks. They will do what ever they can to try and blame the problems on the mods that are done to the car.
Great, pretty much exactly what I didn't want to hear. If I strip everything off the car, what do you think the chances are they catch the reflashed ecu? Would they void the warranty for that?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

I dont know if they will look for the flash but your best bet is to take it the mitsu dealer in libertyville.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If you have a no-start, odds are pretty good that the first thing they might do is a reflash back to stock. Do you have the ability to back up your changes?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

I've gone over there to purchase various parts to install on my car, and I've talked to Steve Iannore, their service manager. He told me that if the car has any mods whatsoever, they will not cover it under warranty. It's just the dealers policy. So I wouldn't recommend them for that. But he did tell me some of his drag racing stories from back in the day...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

and as far as the reflashed ecu, they'll probably catch that
Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When are you returning the car? The only thing is you have have is turbo timer and boost gauge and lowering springs since thats not an suspension issue.

They should fix that n/p since nothing blew on your car...i.e turbo or trans/motor.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
When are you returning the car? The only thing is you have have is turbo timer and boost gauge and lowering springs since thats not an suspension issue.

They should fix that n/p since nothing blew on your car...i.e turbo or trans/motor.
I'm confused, how did you know I have a turbo timer and boost gauge? That's not even listed in my mod list...are you stalking me?

I've gone through and returned every power mod to stock. Only thing that might screw me is the reflashed ecu. I just got word from another guy on the forums that Max Madsen will deny the work if the car has any mods what so ever...so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

No offense, but its amazing to me people expect warranty work with those mods and a reflash. Bolt ons I can see the arguement, but that coupled with an ECU reflash? Come on, no dealer SHOULD warranty that car...

Oh, and a MBC? Come on guys, you have to pay to play. You cannot expect Mitsu to warranty a car with this stuff on it. There are too many variables that have been introduced to the car...
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
No offense, but its amazing to me people expect warranty work with those mods and a reflash. Bolt ons I can see the arguement, but that coupled with an ECU reflash? Come on, no dealer SHOULD warranty that car...

Oh, and a MBC? Come on guys, you have to pay to play. You cannot expect Mitsu to warranty a car with this stuff on it. There are too many variables that have been introduced to the car...
Well, my problem is I've never beat on the car and it only has 25,000 miles. I thought I'd have some time and money to take it to the strip this summer but I never found the opportunity. Even my friends make fun of the way I drive...I barely take it up to redline. It's my daily driver and my only mode of transportation right now. Nothing I have done to the car should make it just die without warning. And I know that even if it's something like a crank position sensor or something NOT related to the mods, they will still void my warranty. If it turns out that is has something to do with my modifications, then I'll accept full responsibility.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Why not keep it stock and take it up to redline? You put all those mods on, and you dont drive the car hard? That makes little to no sense. Driving the stock car hard and babying a modified Evo would produce the same results, so why mod?

So overboosting due to a MBC wouldnt cause damge? The engine running lean due to a bad fuel map from your reflash wouldnt cause damage? I get your point, but I think you have to see Mitsu's side in this case.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
IF you beat on a stock car they will void for abuse

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Why not keep it stock and take it up to redline? You put all those mods on, and you dont drive the car hard? That makes little to no sense. Driving the stock car hard and babying a modified Evo would produce the same results, so why mod?

So overboosting due to a MBC wouldnt cause damge? The engine running lean due to a bad fuel map from your reflash wouldnt cause damage? I get your point, but I think you have to see Mitsu's side in this case.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They screwed me on warranty on my 03. Shady service advisors.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
IF you beat on a stock car they will void for abuse
Drive hard, not beat. Getting stuck on symatics are we?

Quick Reply: Max Madsen in Aurora, IL