Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

2008 Midwest Track Events

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Midwest Track Events

2008 Midwest Track Events:

First of all, Big thanks for Hornswoggler for putting most of the list together!

If other's know of more, post them up and I'll try to keep the top here updated with a rolling list.
By no means is this a complete list, and can be a work in progress. If you know of more events in the midwest (IL, IN, WI, MI, etc) please post up and I'll work them into the calendar.
Some of these events are more newbie friendly than others. If you are looking to sign up for your first event, I suggest you contact the event organizers and discuss. In my past experience, the cheaper events have less instruction and vice versa... moral of the story, if you are a newbie, don't cheap out on your first event. Typical price of these events range from $150-250 per day (click on organizer link for event specific pricing, schedule, run groups, etc.). If you do not have a helmet, contact the organizer and see if any are available to borrow/rent or purchase yourself a nice SA2005 helmet. Some events are vert friendly while others may not be. When in doubt, inquire the organizers. You may be required to join a club for some of these events (i.e. NASA, BMWCCA, Audi club, PCA, SCCA, etc)

Let's just list road-racing, no cones and no drag events... Auto-X is outside the scope of this schedule and thread. This list includes driving events (HPDE's) and time trials for road courses in the area.
Onto the list:

All done for 2008....

More events will be added as tracks are booked and events are announced.

Last edited by boomn29; Nov 17, 2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just to follow up to this, David Hillman has maintained the excellent Planet Torque Motorsports Schedule for years, which covers most of the midwest, and generally includes any event that involves turning the wheel that "normal folks" can register for. Might be another source of information for folks looking for something to do on any given weekend.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Heartland Park (KC)?

I'm definitely checking out MAM in late June. I know they'll be there until July 1st because they're also doing Time Trials as well.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
No Heartland Park (KC)?

I'm definitely checking out MAM in late June. I know they'll be there until July 1st because they're also doing Time Trials as well.
Only date I know about for HPT is April 19th - and it's listed up there. If you know more, post up or PM me and I'll add them!

HPT is awesome, wish it wasn't so far from STL and wish they didn't have only 91 octane over there. Both add up to a costly weekend (balancing 100 octane).
Old Feb 11, 2008, 05:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
No Heartland Park (KC)?
Bounty:

The St. Louis and KC Audi clubs are doing a joint track weekend at Heartland Park in May.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Old Feb 11, 2008, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check the KC region and Crown to see if more HPDEs are added to HPT. MAM is 20 min from me so I'll probably be doing a few track days there this year. I'll be sure to update once I find out more dates there as well.
Old Mar 1, 2008, 05:48 AM
Account Disabled

Hi All:

With under 2 months until our first 2008 track day at Putnam Park (near Indy), we are well over 1/2 full. If you'd like to join us for Putnam Park or any other MVP Track Time track day (Autobahn, Blackhawk or BeaveRun) in 2008, visit www.MVPTrackTime.com.

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at the track!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
Old Mar 1, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks Mark.....

How full are the two Autobahn events?
Old Mar 3, 2008, 04:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
How full are the two Autobahn events?
Jeff:

June 2nd is just over 1/3 full and August is about 10% full. YOu should come to Putnam Park April 21st for a change of pace. CYA at the track!

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Old Mar 12, 2008, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
May 24th - Madison Sports Car Club - Blackhawk Farms - $190 - http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...76580616563204
Old Mar 14, 2008, 07:45 PM
Account Disabled

MVP Track Time's April 21st Putnam Park track day is SOLD OUT!

I hope you'll join us at Autobahn (June 2nd or August 18th) or Blackhawk Farms (September 13th & 14th). A note of caution, the Autobahn dates will fill well in advance.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Old Mar 18, 2008, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

All - finally got to all the updates I've been sent. Sorry for the delay in updating; keep them coming. We've got a lot to choose from here!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Signed up for June 2nd w/MVP.

Mark, quick question (if you're reading this): I know the "getting your car ready" section says that a harness bar is not required, but I'd just like to confirm that. I'd hate to show up and find out that while MVP didn't have a problem, ACC did, or some similar issue.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by logic
Signed up for June 2nd w/MVP.

Mark, quick question (if you're reading this): I know the "getting your car ready" section says that a harness bar is not required, but I'd just like to confirm that. I'd hate to show up and find out that while MVP didn't have a problem, ACC did, or some similar issue.
Why would a harness bar be required for a regular lapping day? Do you have one?

I've ran with MVP several times, you merely need working restraints. Whether that be a standard factory 3-pt seatbelt, a 5-6pt harness or whatever.

A lot of people have issues with 4-pts not be safe or ones attached to harness bars. Everyone but the PCA states to use at your own risk usually.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

No, I don't currently have one, which is why I asked. I'd get one if required, and what prompted me to ask was the last event I attened at ACC: with anything more than absolutely trivial modifications, Salt Creek insisted on a harness for their "High Speed Autocross" events. I was just barely below the threshold for requiring that at the time; I'm just barely past it now.

Quick Reply: 2008 Midwest Track Events