Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Shout out to Kirkwood Mitsubishi in STL!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shout out to Kirkwood Mitsubishi in STL!!!

Friday night I walked into the showroom to check out the new EB X and they recognized me from the car I purchased from them in 05 (GG MR). My original saleman was no longer working there, but the gentleman who took his spot (Brian) knew why I was there and immediately offered to let me drive one of the 4 X's they had just received. Took me and my hubby out the the 3 others parked at the little intersection display area at Manchester and Kirkwood rd's, slapped a D-tag on the back, explained all the new gagets on the X (including the keyless entry system, which is cool!) and sent me down the road on a test drive....without him and was told to take what ever time I needed to check the X out.

I have to say I still love my VIII, but the new X is more refined and smoother compaired. I didn't really push it hard due to it having 5 miles on the odo, but the feel and sound of the new engine/exhaust is really nice.

Lucky for me, it was GG, so I felt right at home with the color and interior. I love the seats, I fit perfectly in them and the side & thigh bolsters are different/stiffer/taller than my VIII.

Hey! it's got cruise control! Whoo Hoo! (this I already knew, but it's great to see)

I want to see the new MR before I even consider getting rid of what I have now. I'm always leary about first year cars (I work at a high dollar dealer), and would like to watch and read the feedback of others who have had this car for awhile.

Dang, I wish it had a 6 speed, but whatcha gonna do?

Props to the rockford fosgate stereo system....makes mine sound like Krayco.

The sales manager (name? sorry, I forget it) is going to keep me informed of when they get any MR's in the future. From what he said, it'll be later this year before any show, so I've got time to think about it -LOL

Once again, Kirkwood comes thru for me and hopfully our relationship will only get better!!!
Old Feb 18, 2008, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

I love kirkwood for sales, but their service department sucks to big one. At least for me they do.

Your sales guy is probably the same guy I had, since mine is gone too. I wonder if they'd recognize me then so I can go test drive one for fun.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

They told me I'd prolly be the only one to test drive it-LOL!

Alot of young punks have come in to test drive one and have been turned away.....

I'm prolly gonna go round-n-round with service tonight when I drop my car off for the 30k...I ran out of time last friday (free maintance in 05) so we'll see what happens.

This little review may turn into something else.

There is a Silver VIII on the rack up there with clutch/transfer box troubles...Service dude said it was going to be in the range of $8800.00 to fix some elses mess up (apperantly the transfer case burned up do to impoper clutch install) OUCH!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ben is the sales manager there. He sold me my first VIII.

Thanks for the feedback on the X. The interior and especially the seats of the IX were worlds better than the VIII imo. Can you compare the IX seats to the new X's in terms of bolster and size fitment?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boomn29
Can you compare the IX seats to the new X's in terms of bolster and size fitment?
There are 5 EVO X's here at our local stealership. They haven't let me test drive one. They found out I have a IX RS with only 4k miles and they want it...bad. The numbers they were throwing out without even seeing it were pretty high. However...they're selling their Xs at $2k over MSRP. They did offer me the $500 Mitsu loyalty discount and said that the markup will include all service for 3 yrs.

The sales guy has been calling me the past few days. He's trying to get me to bring in my IX (which has been in storage since the beginning of winter). I told him I don't really want to drive it right now for risk of getting it dirty and he offered to detail it at no charge. They told me if I bring my car in this weekend they would let me test drive...he said it would show I'm serious.

My question for those of you that have driven it is... Can you feel the AYC working? Were you able to push it hard enough to notice it? I keep reading that the AYC works so well you can push the car and induce oversteer safely which is a riot to drive.

I'm really on the fence about this. I really do like my IX. I know the RS' are rare and mine is a low mileage gem. I haven't even tracked my car yet, but I know what it's capable of. I know the X would be a better daily driver. I just don't know if I want to spend that kind of money on a new car.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Unfortunately I couldn't push the car in the area I was driving it. Neighborhoods are not really where I want to be driving like an azz-LOL It was around rush hour, so the two main roads where packed with traffic.
I did make the comment of the way home how nice it would of been to drive it on the roads I take home (nice twisties). I'd like to know the same thing.

Maybe the X forums can shed some light on this.

Nice low mileage! I've been averaging about 10k a year on my 05

By the way, Kirkwood Mitsu did do my last warranty service (30k) even tho I was out by a couple days, so props to them!
( I reasoned with the service manager: either you are welcome to claim the labor or I'll just have one of my MB techs do it here at work....he didn't even hesitate)

Last edited by Kryptonite; Feb 20, 2008 at 06:39 AM.