Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Problems with Illinois I-Pass?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Problems with Illinois I-Pass?

So, I just got a letter from the Illinois Tollway claiming I owe them $145.60 in missed tolls. The photo they provided is my car, but I have an I-Pass mounted in my windshield in the correct manner. So, why this is happening is beyond me. I guess I'll try to call and dispute the charges, and if they say I have to pay...bye bye I-Pass

Anybody else have this problem before?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just call them and explain you have an ipass. it should be all good.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

maybe the pass doesn't have enough $ on it (unless you auto-withdraw money)
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:19 PM

You should be able to prove you have the ipass and it should be cleared happens all the time to us at work we just call and they clear it up.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Alright cool. I've got it setup to auto-replenish, so no issue there. I'll call them and see what they say. Thanks for the info guys.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

I've never had a problem with the I-pass, 4 years now. I have set to auto-replenish also.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your ipass was ever in another car, you have to go online or call and update the license plate on your current car. It happened to me this past jan for tolls that I supposedly ran in June '07. I sold my civic and threw the ipass in my miata, didn't think it would make a difference. I just called, and told them that my ipass is installed correctly and account is in good standing and couldn't understand why I was charged for missing a toll. That's when the lady informed me that if the plate doesn't match what's on your ipass acount, it looks like you ran a toll. My bill was for $80, got it all cleared and I just had to pay for the tolls which was $4.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

buddy of mine had this problem. His credit card was expired and they didn't tell him that it was. He went 1yr not knowing then he got his bill boy was he happy.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Also, you could register your car to your ipass account and even if you don't have an ipass it will automatically charge the regular toll amount it to your account (basically for those like me who forget it back at the house all the time because I use it in other cars too).
Old Mar 29, 2008, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MasterNater
So, I just got a letter from the Illinois Tollway claiming I owe them $145.60 in missed tolls. The photo they provided is my car, but I have an I-Pass mounted in my windshield in the correct manner. So, why this is happening is beyond me. I guess I'll try to call and dispute the charges, and if they say I have to pay...bye bye I-Pass

Anybody else have this problem before?
I got the same notice a few days ago also - $220, they went all the way back to 2006 through the end of 07, so who knows what I've "missed" since January.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

i had a issue with the ipass similar the credit card i had on there b4 was expired and i just called them after i got a letter since i was a ipass customer already they just charged my new credit card the tolls i had racked up and the 40 dollar fill up.
so give it a try at least they where cool enough to me and not charge me for a whole months worth a toll fees.

just so u know pay the bill on time because it will grow exponentionally
b4 i had ipass i accumulated 150 dollars worth of fines and i lost the dam bill ended up paying close to 400 dollars because they practically double the bill if you do not pay on the due dates

Last edited by Turbodemon; Mar 30, 2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

well have to hook up when i move out to plano this summer
im buying a house out there maybe a bbq later this year

ill keep it posted
Old Mar 30, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

LOL. i had the same problem, they said we have a pic of your car going threw without paying, please pay this amount unless you have I_pass..then call this number...

So i look at the date they say i didnt pay..it was like 5months ago..I look at the pic..And its when i still had my 4G63 badge on the back of my car..Now i havent had that on in 2 years ...So i explained that i did have I-Pass and asked why they were sending me a pic that was over 2 years old
Old Mar 30, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

The I-pass is worrying me. Don't want any mail like that. Especially since they gave me a hard time switching the transponder to my new car.

I hate tolls!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LoCo4
The I-pass is worrying me. Don't want any mail like that. Especially since they gave me a hard time switching the transponder to my new car.

I hate tolls!
yea the I-Pass is going to have a checkpoint feature down the road. If you go too fast to the next toll you get a ticket. Much like the Jersey Turnpike!

Quick Reply: Problems with Illinois I-Pass?