Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

All Mitsu Cookout -- August 24, 2008 -- Rogers, MN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow All Mitsu Cookout -- August 24, 2008 -- Rogers, MN

Plans are underway for the 2008 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show. This year's event will be happening on Sunday, August 24th, at the Rogers Middle School, in Rogers, MN. The event will run from 11am to 4pm. Last year's event featured 166 Mitsus. I'm sure we'll beat that mark this year. All the details about the All Mitsu Cookout can be found at: http://cookout.mn3s.org

If you are planning on coming, take a minute and fill out the sign up form at:
http://mn3s.org/lists/?p=subscribe&id=5

Hope to see you there,
Curt
Old Jun 27, 2008, 06:49 AM

Hey everyone,

We've had a good list of sign-ups so far. I updated the sign up list a few days ago. We have 53 so far:
http://www.mn3s.org/cookout-list.html

Keep them coming,
Curt
Old Jul 8, 2008, 06:52 AM

Hey everyone,

The All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show is fast approaching. I’m excited to announce that the All Mitsu Cookout is turning into the All Mitsu Weekend. We will be having a full weekend of events for Mitsu owners. All right here in Rogers, MN. On Saturday, August 23rd, we’ll be having a Dyno Challenge at DB Performance. After that we’ll have a car cruise to a drive-in restaurant. Then on Sunday will be the All Mitsu Cookout.

I’ll still working on some of the details like a hotel and some eating spots. But here is the tentative schedule:
http://mn3s.org/cookout-schedule.html

Also new this year will be t-shirts. I’ve had a lot of people request them over the years. So here they come. I have the design created. Big thanks to Traci for creating it. Here is a preview:
http://www.mn3s.org/cookout-tshirt.jpg

I still haven’t finalized the pricing for the Cookout, t-shirts and the Dyno Challenge. So keep watching for more details on that. I have updated the main Cookout page with most of the details I know. Check it out at:
http://cookout.mn3s.org

And to sign up for the All Mitsu Cookout, the sign up page is at:

Thanks,
Curt
Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Consider me there!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:02 AM

Hey everyone,

I've got the official hotel set up. It will be the Hampton Inn, in Rogers. Their phone number is 763-425-0044. We have a group rate of $74 a night for single king bed rooms. We have a block of ten rooms set aside for us. When you call, mention "the car show in Rogers", to get the discounted rate. Their regular rate is $109. This is very nice hotel and its brand new. They do have some suites with king beds and a pull out coach. They are available for a discount rate of $119, but they are not part of our block of rooms. So if you need more room, you can get these too. If you have any issue getting the discounted rate, try and talk to Lindsay. She is the group sales manager. Book your room early. We can only hold these rooms until August 8th. If you have any troubles booking your room, let me know.

Also, if you'd like to dyno at the Dyno Challenge, at DB Performance, it will be $60 for three pulls. Send me an e-mail at cgendron@mail.com In the e-mail include your full name, car year, make and model. You can pay at the event, but I'd like to get a list going on who is going to dyno. Don't be shy. We should be able to do 15-20 cars on that Saturday.

I've updated the sign up list. We have 95 people signed up for the Cookout so far:
http://mn3s.org/cookout-list.html

I've also made some updates on the All Mitsu Weekend webpage. So take a quick read through:
http://cookout.mn3s.org

I'm still working on pricing for the Cookout itself and for the t-shirts. Stay tuned for that.

Thanks,
Curt
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:18 AM

Hey everyone,

We've got a good list for the Dyno Challenge so far. Here is the list:

1. Matt Gesch -- 91 3000GT VR4
2. Mike Willis -- 92 Stealth R/T TT
3. Brandon Halonen -- 91 Talon TSI AWD
4. Mike Standaert -- 03 EVO 8
5. Meng Lor -- 96 Eclipse GST
6. Josh Kajer -- 93 3000GT VR4
7. Mike Austing -- 94 3000GT VR4
8. Steve Hagen -- 92 Stealth R/T TT
9. Dan Graul -- 92 Stealth R/T TT
10. Dustin Felix -- 03 EVO 8

If you'd like to dyno, its $60 for three pulls. Send me an e-mail at: cgendron@mail.com We can probably do 15-20 cars for sure. After that, its up to Shane on how much his crew can handle over at DB. We'll have a reserve list too. So sign up if you want to dyno.

As far as the Cookout list. We are up to 103 sign ups. Keep them coming!

later,
Curt
Old Jul 18, 2008, 02:57 PM

Hopefully i can get my clutch replaced in time for that weekend cuz id love to put my turbo OZ on the dyno!!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:10 AM

Hey everyone,

The All Mitsu Weekend is only about a month away now. I talked with the Hampton Inn, and it looks like there is only one room book out of our block of 10 rooms. If you need a room for the weekend, you need to book soon. The unreserved rooms will be released on August 8th. After that its going to be hard to find a room, much less a room for our group rate of $74. The Hampton Inn is a brand new hotel and its within walking distance to both the Dyno Challenge and the Cookout. The number for the Hampton Inn, in Rogers, is 763-425-0044. There website is: http://tinyurl.com/56nk6m Mention "the Rogers car show" to get the discounted rate.

Also, we still have 10 people signed up to dyno at the Dyno Challenge. We can handle about another 10. So send me an e-mail, with your full name and car details, if you want to dyno.

Thanks,
Curt
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:12 AM

Hey everyone,

Things are coming along good. I have the pricing finalized for the Cookout. It will be $5 for you and your car to be in the show and to eat. Each additional person who wants to eat will need to pay $5. With the rising costs of food and everything else, I had to bump up the price a little this year.

Also, t-shirts will be $13 if you pre-pay. They will be white and sizes include M, L, XL. XXLs will be available too, but will cost $15 if you pre-pay. The only way to guarantee a t-shirt is to pre-pay. I'll have shirts available at the show itself, but I won't have enough for everyone. Prices for t-shirts at the show will be $15 for M, L, and XL, and $20 for XXL.

To pre-pay for the Cookout or a t-shirt, send me a paypal to cgendron@mail.com. If buying a t-shirt, mention what size you want.

We will still do cash only for the Dyno Challenge. So if you are planning on dynoing, have $60 on that day. We will have food available at the Dyno Challenge too. I'm still working on that part.

Looks like we have 114 people signed up for the Cookout. Don't forget to sign up. Its the only way you'll get all the critical information ahead of time. The sign up page is:

Thanks,
Curt
Old Aug 1, 2008, 06:41 AM

Hey everyone,

For the Dyno Challenge on that Saturday, here is our current list of people going on the dyno:

11. Jim Hayek -- 06 EVO IX MR
12. John Wieman -- 92 3000GT VR4
13. Kevin Benner -- 02 Galant

We still have room for some more. So send an e-mail to cgendron@mail.com with your full name and car details, if you want to dyno.

Looks like we have 124 signed up for the Cookout so far.

A few other reminders......
1. Sign up if you are planning on coming to the Cookout.
2. Pre-pay for the Cookout and/or a T-shirt if you want to guarantee yourself a t-shirt.
3. August 8th is the deadline for our discount at the Hampton Inn. After that, hotel rooms will be sparse.

later,
Curt
Old Aug 5, 2008, 07:08 AM

Hey everyone,

Only 18 days away now. Here are the car show classes for the Cookout:

Best 90-94 DSM
Best 95-99 DSM
Best 00-05 Eclipse/Stratus coupe
Best 91-93 3/S
Best 94-99 3/S
Best Evo
Best Classic Mitsu (89 and older)
Best Other Mitsu
The "Gene Helms" Cleanest Car Overall

Its the same classes that we used last year. Also, don't forget to pre-pay by sending me a paypal. I'll be ordering the t-shirts next week, and I'll be using the pre-paid t-shirt list as a guide on what to order. So help me out and pre-pay for your shirt too.

Here is the schedule for the All Mitsu Weekend (I'm still working on the dinners and the cruise):

**Friday, August 22nd**
7-9pm -- Meet up at a restaurant in Rogers for Dinner. All Mitsu owners are welcome to join us.
9pm - ?? -- Relaxing at the official hotel, Hampton Inn.

**Saturday, August 23rd**
10am - 5pm -- Dyno Challenge at DB Performance in Rogers, MN.
Noon - 3pm -- Durring the Dyno Challenge, we'll have a Mitsu swap meet going on.
5pm - 6:30pm -- Meet at DB Peformance for a car cruise.
6:30pm - 8pm -- Dinner at a drive-in restaurant. (more details later)
9pm -- ?? -- Relaxing at official hotel, Hampton Inn

**Sunday, August 24th**
11am - 4pm -- 10th Annual, All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show, at the Rogers Middle School.

The schedule can also be found here: http://mn3s.org/cookout-schedule.html

And finally, the block of rooms and our discount, at the Hampton Inn, disappear this Friday, August 8th. So please get your room now, if you need one.

later,
Curt
Old Aug 8, 2008, 06:05 AM

Hey everyone,

Here is the updated dyno list for the Dyno Challenge on Saturday, the 23rd:

11. Jim Hayek -- 06 EVO IX MR
12. Jon Wieman -- 92 3000GT VR4
13. Kevin Benner -- 02 Galant
14. Andy Nash -- 91 Talon TSi
15. Dan Iozzo -- 91 Galant VR4
16. Jarrod Watkins -- 06 EVO IX

Also, I've been working on the cruise for after the Dyno Challenge. We'll be leaving DB Performance at 5pm to start the cruise. We'll be taking some rural roads and then eventually work our way down to Wagner's Drive In, in Brooklyn Park. The cruise is probably only 20 miles, but it will be awesome to have a huge number of Mitsus cruising together. So if you want to cruise with us, make sure to be at DB Performance at 5pm. And bring an FRS radio if you have one. With a big group like this, we'll need FRS radios to keep everyone together. Here is a link to Wagner's Drive In:
http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3716680786

Thanks,
Curt
Old Aug 8, 2008, 06:17 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I could have put my 1988 sigma for the best classic mitsu. maybe next year
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by sblvro
I could have put my 1988 sigma for the best classic mitsu. maybe next year
Did you have your Sigma at MOD two years ago? I think I talked to you there.

You should drive your Sigma up here. Its not too late. It would be a big hit.

later,
curt
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:01 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
no, that was a silver ams sigma. I have a 1988 black loaded one. ECS and all

Quick Reply: All Mitsu Cookout -- August 24, 2008 -- Rogers, MN