Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Crooked cops in Glen Ellyn, IL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crooked cops in Glen Ellyn, IL

I was travelling on E Roosevelt to get to a touchless carwash I had found online through the BP website, had taken a left off of Meyers and was in the right hand lane the whole time looking for this gas station. Cop got on maybe at Main street, following me from a distance since I spotted him early. The gas station is right before the intersection of S Lambert Rd, so I give my signal to get to the farthest left lane to take a turn, and the cop car yields to me so that I can get into this lane.
He follows me into the left lane and turns his lights on, and then proceeds to tell me I changed lanes without giving a turn signal, and oh get this...my infraction was prior to the turn at the intersection almost a couple of lights back???
Did I forget to mention it was 12:30am with no traffic. He did not state the nature of my crime when I asked him but started going into this long tirade about why I pulled onto the right when he had his lights on. (Because I was getting ready to take a U-turn to get to the station and did not expect this fool to harrass me.) He knew I was from out of state and am not going to make it out here to fight this stupid ticket. The ticket is switching lanes without a signal.

What is up with all these cops swarming E Roosevelt at night, they are literally at every stop light???
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:35 PM
sly
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deepcover6
I was travelling on E Roosevelt to get to a touchless carwash I had found online through the BP website, had taken a left off of Meyers and was in the right hand lane the whole time looking for this gas station. Cop got on maybe at Main street, following me from a distance since I spotted him early. The gas station is right before the intersection of S Lambert Rd, so I give my signal to get to the farthest left lane to take a turn, and the cop car yields to me so that I can get into this lane.
He follows me into the left lane and turns his lights on, and then proceeds to tell me I changed lanes without giving a turn signal, and oh get this...my infraction was prior to the turn at the intersection almost a couple of lights back???
Did I forget to mention it was 12:30am with no traffic. He did not state the nature of my crime when I asked him but started going into this long tirade about why I pulled onto the right when he had his lights on. (Because I was getting ready to take a U-turn to get to the station and did not expect this fool to harrass me.) He knew I was from out of state and am not going to make it out here to fight this stupid ticket. The ticket is switching lanes without a signal.

What is up with all these cops swarming E Roosevelt at night, they are literally at every stop light???

thats illy burbs for ya last time i got pulled over for suspision of racing they had like 5-6 cop cars there.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:49 PM

Thats Chicago for ya. Lots of a**hole cops!

Originally Posted by deepcover6

Old Sep 2, 2008, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
welcome to Chicago burbs, while they should Protect and serve, they pull you over for stupid things like that, give a warning not a ticket. Crazy.