Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Libertyville Mitsubishi; What a Joke.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the-moss
You signed up just to post this? I'm pretty sure you have no connection to the dealership.
no, just a happy customer..
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
You signed up just to post this? I'm pretty sure you have no connection to the dealership.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by philamthebest
Mitsu dealers suck all around, and when customers walk in, they know more about the car then the dealers do! Pathetic.... maybe re-look at your job description?
The manager at Grand Mitsubishi kept telling me the evo x was twin turbo
Old Dec 4, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by midlifecrisis13
This is in response to "aftershock141." I recently purchased my 2008 Evo MR from Libertyville Mitsubishi. I delt with Lisa Webb and her manager Nate Griffin. I can honestly tell you that my experience was a pleasant one. Pricing was reasonable for this car and I also added the Aero Kit to my car. I will be adding pictures later as I plan to do some upgrades to the engine and brakes. As to the comments made by "aftershock141," I would have to say shame on you for not having all of your information in order prior to driving three hours for nothing. I traded in a very clean 30K Saleen and after 6 months of research and fair and reasonable process I walked out of there happy. It sounds like "aftershock141" is a big baby. You mentioned $3800 over invoice OTD which stands for out the door. Duh!! You have to pay taxes and fees that dealers have to charge you. Your taxes alone are over $2000.00 depending on where you live. I have purchased a lot of cars over the years and this is part of buying a car, you have to pay taxes and fees. Before you buy an expensive car such as this, make sure you have all of your facts and figures. A lot of dealerships blow smoke at you just to get you to walk in the door. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I plan to purchase another Evo for my son next year from the people at Libertyville Mitsubishi because my experience was a pleasant one. People like you give dealers a bad reputation because you have unrealistic expectations. It sounds like you were the one feeding all of the "bs" so grow up!

p.s. Did you buy a car yet?????
You are an idiot. You're telling me to grow up? You registered here to post this? Where's the pics of your car? Also, I'd like to know how much you ended up spending, because I can guarantee that I spent a lot less.

They (Lisa Webb and the Sales Manager) had agreed to 35,500 otd. I did not have unrealistic expectations. I expected to get exactly that price for a WW GSR with SSS and Aero Kit. I get up there and they all of the sudden wanted $3800 more than that. I did not state that they wanted 3800 over invoice. Learn to read before you post next time. Those are definitely realistic expectations.

Last edited by aftershock141; Dec 4, 2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by midlifecrisis13
no, just a happy customer..
Or someone that works at the dealership.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

unreal...

i understand salesmen are hardcore and will do any thing to promote their business. but with that post above, if that is someone from a dealership...must be a complete idiot. like you can just post some BS story and change someones mind about a shady dealership.

and by the way, someone mentioned grand mitsubishi. i'll second that. that was my bad experience. their claim to me was that if i purchase an EVO X in california, it would be over 50hp lower!!! not only that, they did the bait and switch on me. i call up, tell them what i want, they say yes we have it! i come in and they try to make a deal on a car $5k more than i wanted to spend.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by John83
unreal...

i understand salesmen are hardcore and will do any thing to promote their business. but with that post above, if that is someone from a dealership...must be a complete idiot. like you can just post some BS story and change someones mind about a shady dealership.

and by the way, someone mentioned grand mitsubishi. i'll second that. that was my bad experience. their claim to me was that if i purchase an EVO X in california, it would be over 50hp lower!!! not only that, they did the bait and switch on me. i call up, tell them what i want, they say yes we have it! i come in and they try to make a deal on a car $5k more than i wanted to spend.
The only difference on the one's in Cali is the cat. I had a dealership try to tell me that too.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

i understand there restrictions are higher, but they told me straight up 50hp difference. after they could not provide proof, then admited it was the 'corvette' that is 50hp lower. which means nothing because i was there for a car half the price or whatever.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
delete pls.

Last edited by emagdnim8; Jul 8, 2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

All you guys have to do is search Libertyville Mitsubishi on the forum...there are plenty of threads discrediting them as a dealership.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

+1. What a bunch of tards. After 2 hrs of negotiation, we agreed on a price. The manager even wrote it down on a piece of paper complete with taxes and out the door price. Since it was lunchtime i felt hungry and told them that I need a break. On my way out, the manager asked me what I do for a living. When I got back from lunch, the manager said that the price that we agreed upon was not realistic and needed to be changed higher. I was so pissed off that I walked out. Wasted my time so much with them. They will squeeze every penny out of you. So beware of Libertyville and their greedy managers.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jackyll
The manager at Grand Mitsubishi kept telling me the evo x was twin turbo
really?! i got my car there and he had a good understanding of the evo. did u talk to dan??
Old Dec 4, 2008, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by trickytrick
really?! i got my car there and he had a good understanding of the evo. did u talk to dan??
Well, the manager at Libertyville told me that we don't need to change the tires. It is four wheel drive and it is safe to run in the snow. They are so clueless of what they are selling.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Max Madsen mitsu is a bunch of ****s. I'll never go there again.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

I have no affiliation with this dealer. With that said,

I have had good experiences with their service department. They did deny me my warranty claim on my peeling calipers, but they did replace my entire sunroof assembly for free. The tech that worked on my car didn't leave a blemish on her.

Their sales department is a whole other story.

Quick Reply: Libertyville Mitsubishi; What a Joke.