Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Libertyville Mitsubishi; What a Joke.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude, that blows goats. Sorry to hear about the experience.

Wish i could've walked out the door when i bought my car.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamble
Max Madsen mitsu is a bunch of ****s. I'll never go there again.
which one? i got my car from aurora/naperville and bring my X there for service. the sales could have been better but service is excellent.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one in downers grove. The sales guy didn't know ****, he was saying oh it comes with a 6disc changer indash blah blah blah. (had no cds to test it with) and guess what it doesn't have?

I can't really complain about service too too much. Brought it in for the first and only free oil change, they pulled it around and the abs light was on? WTF, how did they not notice so they had to bring it back into the shop and fix it. They messed something up.
And the guy at the dealership that does the remote starts, forgot a screw to hold the steering column in, so I'm out a screw. Annoys me because I see it every time I get in the damn truck. I keep forgetting to go find one to put in there.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 01:49 AM
Evolving Member

I brought my car there also. They do try to squeeze every little penny out of u. The service department always take care of me thou.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by midlifecrisis13
This is in response to "aftershock141." I recently purchased my 2008 Evo MR from Libertyville Mitsubishi. I delt with Lisa Webb and her manager Nate Griffin. I can honestly tell you that my experience was a pleasant one. Pricing was reasonable for this car and I also added the Aero Kit to my car. I will be adding pictures later as I plan to do some upgrades to the engine and brakes. As to the comments made by "aftershock141," I would have to say shame on you for not having all of your information in order prior to driving three hours for nothing. I traded in a very clean 30K Saleen and after 6 months of research and fair and reasonable process I walked out of there happy. It sounds like "aftershock141" is a big baby. You mentioned $3800 over invoice OTD which stands for out the door. Duh!! You have to pay taxes and fees that dealers have to charge you. Your taxes alone are over $2000.00 depending on where you live. I have purchased a lot of cars over the years and this is part of buying a car, you have to pay taxes and fees. Before you buy an expensive car such as this, make sure you have all of your facts and figures. A lot of dealerships blow smoke at you just to get you to walk in the door. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I plan to purchase another Evo for my son next year from the people at Libertyville Mitsubishi because my experience was a pleasant one. People like you give dealers a bad reputation because you have unrealistic expectations. It sounds like you were the one feeding all of the "bs" so grow up!

p.s. Did you buy a car yet?????

BWHUAHAH This guy sounds like a flaming tard who probably doesnt know jack**** about his X probably even got ripped off because he doesnt know what hes looking at.. WELCOME to the board btw. we dont hate on fellow members distress.

Originally Posted by Gamble
Max Madsen mitsu is a bunch of ****s. I'll never go there again.
Max Madsen has a salesmen named Dan who is a concieted ***** who shows up to the street races and swears he knows everything about my evo and thought the lope from the 272s was me running low on gas , until I lined up with his sti, lets just say I took his girl that night =]
Old Dec 5, 2008, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by B4IFLY
Well, the manager at Libertyville told me that we don't need to change the tires. It is four wheel drive and it is safe to run in the snow. They are so clueless of what they are selling.
the guy at grand told me right away that i need winter tires for snow or if it gets super cold and wet.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BallinAssRSvIII
Max Madsen has a salesmen named Dan who is a concieted ***** who shows up to the street races and swears he knows everything about my evo and thought the lope from the 272s was me running low on gas , until I lined up with his sti, lets just say I took his girl that night =]
The guy at sales manager at max madsen was a *****. When I got the truck it had no floor mats. He said oh that's $120 or some figure that was stupid high. I'm like dude, I'm spending 28k on a truck you can't give me some damn floor mats. He's like well yah I guess I can, but I'm going to eat the cost. I told him that on the sticker on the ****ing window said it was standard and he wanted me to show him proof.
I ****ing hate them. Another thing they didn't tell me until after the deal was made. Me and my fiancee were getting the truck under her name and if she owned another mitsu they would of given her $500 off. Well I own a dsm and that wasn't good enough. I could have lied or put the title for my car in her name for $60 to save $500. Bastards.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by trickytrick
really?! i got my car there and he had a good understanding of the evo. did u talk to dan??
I don't remember who I talked too, it was a while ago and I talked to all 3 managers there along with the salesman. Said it a couple times though and I tried not to laugh, but when he told me he'd sell me a ralliart and i could get the "extra turbo" installed for 2800 through them I had to ask where the extra turbo was on the X. He also told me I wouldn't feel a difference between the X and the ralliart or even my VIII and the ralliart Didn't help their case much when I had to ask for my license and keys for my own car 3-4 times so I could walk out.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

^ wow that is a weird and totally opposite experience from what I had. I'm with trickytrick, I went in there wanting a Phantom Black X w/ SSS and Wayne did his salesmen thing. I intermittently spoke with Dan throughout the deal and he was fairly knowledgeable. My entire buying experience was great and I referred someone on this board to them and they also bought an X and had an enjoyable experience too.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Libertyville is terrible. So is max madsen.

Consider it a lesson learned though. I've done phone deals with dealers that worked out great but more often than not, they just tell you anything to get you in the door.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 06:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What Mitsu dealers in IL would you guys recommend?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^you will get varied recommendations obviously depending on where he or she got their car. i would have to say that there is no 1 dealership in illinois that has gotten a great review from the majority. i got mine at max madsen in naperville/aurora so i would recommend them.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 01:23 AM

Grand Mitsubishi used to be good when it was Larry Roesch. The new owners have changed the place. If anyone does deal with them, the only decent salesman in there is a guy named August who I bought my Evo 8 from back when it was still own by Larry Roesch. For anyone interested in going for an X, they are really desperate on trying to get rid of them, so give it a try. They are willing to go below invoice (although most dealers should be at this point), but I have not been able to truly test how low they'd go as I'd be obliged to purchase it, which I'm not ready to do.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:57 PM

To the OP, wow that is some straight up BS!!! How you kept your cool and didn't bash some heads in is beyond me... should've read this before so I wouldn't have wasted my time there.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:21 AM

Just adding my experience. I did not get my X from them.

Went there twice, got to testdrive a X GSR the first time and a X MR the 2nd time. On the 2nd time, the sales guy let me dodge invisible cones at a nearby empty strip mall parking lot. So they get huge props for letting me do that.

Now, when it came to talking price, it was a huge difference. This is Apr 2009, when South Coast in their 6th month of specials. They wanted to sell me a base MR for $37k. I said thank you and walked, saying I wasn't ready to buy yet. The sales guy said to call him when I was. Sometime later when I had a firm-ish offer from 2 other Chicagoland dealers, I did, and he didn't call back.

How is their service dept? They are really close to my office so if their service dept is any good, I'll probably use them.

Quick Reply: Libertyville Mitsubishi; What a Joke.