Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Libertyville Mitsubishi; What a Joke.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I actually just bought an Evo X MR for my wife, talked to Berry in Libertyville's sales and he was pushy, arrogant and insulting.

In the end I bought it from Bill Jacobs in Joliet. I dealt with Tyler and Don, they were both great. I have bought 6 new cars since 2003 can honestly say buying from Bill Jacobs was the most pleasant buying experience I have had.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saimike
How is their service dept? They are really close to my office so if their service dept is any good, I'll probably use them.

I love their service dept. They have one tech named Jason who works on all the Evos, he treats the cars as they were his own.

I am nuts with my car and they had to replace my whole sunroof assembly under warranty. There was not a mark or blemish any where on my car, he got a nice tip from me to say the least.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to Libertyville and talked to Bryce about a 3 weeks ago. Wouldn't budge on a price for GSR with SSS/Aero. I laughed in his face and walked out. He was very arrogant and treated me poorly. I ended up buying from Max Madsen in Downers and dealt with Michael Anthony. Would highly recommend him, very polite and not pushy at all. Yesterday, I went to Libertyville to go pick up an oil filter just to rub it in their face. Parked the car in front and proceeded to walk in and was confronted by Bryce. He tried to talk to me but I just kept walking towards the parts department. I wonder how he felt considering he still has the same amount of 08's still sitting on the lot.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by revvin9k
I love their service dept. They have one tech named Jason who works on all the Evos, he treats the cars as they were his own.

I am nuts with my car and they had to replace my whole sunroof assembly under warranty. There was not a mark or blemish any where on my car, he got a nice tip from me to say the least.
do you ask for him when u leave ur car for service? do they provide courtesy cars?

Originally Posted by poopcano
I went to Libertyville and talked to Bryce about a 3 weeks ago. Wouldn't budge on a price for GSR with SSS/Aero. I laughed in his face and walked out. He was very arrogant and treated me poorly. I ended up buying from Max Madsen in Downers and dealt with Michael Anthony. Would highly recommend him, very polite and not pushy at all. Yesterday, I went to Libertyville to go pick up an oil filter just to rub it in their face. Parked the car in front and proceeded to walk in and was confronted by Bryce. He tried to talk to me but I just kept walking towards the parts department. I wonder how he felt considering he still has the same amount of 08's still sitting on the lot.
oh yeah, i was dealing with bryce too ... he was in the car with me when i was dodging invisible cones in some parking lot! when i called him with an offer that bested south coast, he didnt call me back to try to beat it, lol.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saimike
do you ask for him when u leave ur car for service? do they provide courtesy cars?

oh yeah, i was dealing with bryce too ... he was in the car with me when i was dodging invisible cones in some parking lot! when i called him with an offer that bested south coast, he didnt call me back to try to beat it, lol.
They already know I want him to work on my car. He is a really good guy to deal with. Their service Dept is pretty decent as well.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

I've heard their service department automatically voids the warranty at the first sight of a modification. However, that may just be hearsay. I would be wary of going to them.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 07:29 AM

libertyville mitsubishi----- a big . they act like there shxx dont stink. Wife and i tried buying a 9 from them and they acted like it was gold and if you dont want to pay their top dollar price, TOO BAD. The manager is a joke, extremely arrogant and so are some of the sales guys. That dealership could make alot more money if they just fired everyone in sales and management and got people in there that actually wanted to work with the customer. I wouldnt take a leak on that place if it was on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 15, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Yes they are like old time used car sales dealers at liberty Mitsu... I sell cars and have for over 18 years.... I bought my first evo from there and tried to buy my current one but they were $2000 higher than Porcarro in Racine WI.

I tried to buy a new x mr there also, that didnt work out either cause of stupid pricing
Old Aug 21, 2009, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

i've only delt with libertyville mitsu's parts department for my car and my fiancé’s dsm. never had a prob with the parts department, always friendly and helpful, but when i was looking for my evo last yr, i got stuck with a newbie sales guy and quickly walked out since i knew more about the car then he did! ended up buying the evo thru a private seller and got a steal of a deal that i would've never got from a dealership.

but like someone else said, its all based on personal experience. still sucks thu that dealerships can't be more respectful to their customers - thats just stupid management imo.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by EvoIX Beauty
i've only delt with libertyville mitsu's parts department for my car and my fiancé’s dsm. never had a prob with the parts department, always friendly and helpful, but when i was looking for my evo last yr, i got stuck with a newbie sales guy and quickly walked out since i knew more about the car then he did! ended up buying the evo thru a private seller and got a steal of a deal that i would've never got from a dealership.

but like someone else said, its all based on personal experience. still sucks thu that dealerships can't be more respectful to their customers - thats just stupid management imo.
i second this. i called them about getting some touch up paint. they were out and can only get them the following week ... told them i needed it before the weekend and was told that schaumburg might have them. they get a for that. schaumburg mitsu also sells it $2 cheaper too, so thats another ...
Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

A warning to all:

Libertyville Mitsu NO LONGER has an Evo tech. They only have ONE tech there and he is new from Dodge. Be weary on taking your car there for ANYTHING!!

Funny thing is, I saw a couple of Evo's there now, including a X.

Have no idea how they are going to get fixed.

The only thing they have going for them is their parts department, every thing else is a wash.

I simply cannot believe they got rid of their best tech.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 04:35 PM

Libertyville Mitsubishi will scam you!!

After hearing their radio commercial for their upside down sales event I took my truck in. I was told by Barry Epstein that my truck loan would be paid off in full as long as I bought a new car. After stating what my price range was I was presented with a 2010 Lancer that I liked. After asking multiple times how much it was I was constantly told not to worry about it that it would be addressed later on. After fighting to see the sticker price for the car I found it was out of my price range. When brought up to the sales rep he again stated we could talk about the price later. After going through all the paperwork he was very anxious to have me sign everything without reading it first. Keeping his hands on the papers and pointing where to sign. After again asking about my old truck and how much the new car was going to be he stated he was no aloud to talk about price due to confidentiality reasons and to consult the finance manager. After that was all said and done 5 hours had passed by. 4 of them were wasted sitting around waiting for something to happen. Once I was finally to the end and able to speak to the finance manager I was told only half of my previous truck loan would be paid off and the rest would be added to my new loan. Furthermore the car was $5k over my spending limit. After calling the sales rep back in he apologized for moving so fast through the paperwork but the manager refused to work with the price. I was basically told to take it or leave it. After looking at the sticker price of the car it was over a thousand dollars cheaper than they sold it to me for. I was never even able to negotiate price. Very disappointed and I urge everyone to pick a different dealership.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:59 AM

Yeah, I will never deal with Libertyville Mitsu again. I had a Chevy blazer that I drove into the ground, wanted something sporty with a good mpg. So I went to libertyville cause there is just a strip of car lots to choose from. Mitsu was the first one to catch my eye, pulled up, and immediately smelt a whole lot of bull, as multiple people rushed to my door to try and be the first to a sale I end up with a Carlos Mencia looking guy and walks me around the lot, every time i asked him a question he had to go ask someone else. and then he brings me to this silver lancer and i fall in love. test drive went great, then money got involved. All I wanted was a price, and they refused to give me one, a seriously waited all day for a price, they had me fill out all this paper work telling me that the price woulld be determined by my answers. So Im finally sitting in the finance office still with no price and all this paper work filled out and the guy looks at me and says good choice and congradulations on being the owner of a new car, I flip and tell the guy I didn't agree to anything, then he tells me that im sitting in the finance office, and thats where people go to buy cars. so I walk out and am chased to my car by Mencia telling asking me whats wrong. Finally getting me to turn back around and look at the car one more time. didn't know much about the new lancers at the time, but i was told I was getting a 2.4L and ended up with a 2.0L. weeks later i returned with the rest of my paper work and they still tried telling me it was a 2.4, I had to pop the hood and show em. We locked into a deal, which was way overpriced to begin with, then I drove it home, two days later they call me back and told me the deal was no good for them and they where going to have to raise my payments. and then tried to get me to return the car for another one. So I said ef-that and got my bank involved. Got the payments at a good price and still can't believe that someone who gets paid to deal with all that paperwork failed to do his job, Some old British guy with bad breath and a really bad hair piece.

Horrible experience, and I had to go there for the recall, while I waited I walked through the lot, while looking at a used lancer a sales men walks up to me and says, " Pretty nice looking outlander...I mean Galant isn't it." I almost killed him.

On the otherhand, I did trade in a car that was in really bad condition, numerous things where missing from the car, and they didnt even turn it on or anything to see if it started or if the check engine light was on. Haha, and when I left i even took my floor matts just to give them a hard time for giving me a hard time.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 09:10 AM

The only pleasant experience I've had with Liverty Mitsubishi is with their parts department. They know what they are talking about and are pretty helpful. It was funny though parts department closes at 5pm there, I walked in at 5 on the dot and called the guy if he could wait for me because I was on the other side of the dealership. I walked in and asked them to point me to the parts department and the lady at the desk jumped out and said " oh parts closes at 5" very different attitude from the sales people to the service/parts dept