Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Libertyville Mitsubishi; What a Joke.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Libertyville Mitsubishi; What a Joke.

So last week while Mitsubishi was still running the 0% financing I thought it would be a good idea to pick one up. The hard part is, I only want white.

Well I had talked to all the dealers locally, and they only wanted to deal on their Inventory. One dealer was willing to go get one and drive it back, but I didn't want any rock chips. They wouldn't trailer it at 2 cents a mile. I had got them down to a pretty reasonable price. However, I would rather have just driven to get one that would already have 3m clear on it so I didn't get any chips.

I called every dealer in Illinois trying to find a white one. Finally, I got to Libertyville Mitsubishi. They claimed to have one with the Aero Kit and the SSS package. They told me that if I brought in proof that they would beat the price by $100. I figured that was good. I told them the price, talked to both the internet manager and the sales manager. They assured me that I would get that price. The car was on their showroom floor too, and only had 3 miles on it.

So now comes the day to go pick up the car. I get a rather large sum for a downpayment out of the bank, and then get home and call the dealer to again make sure that everything will go smoothly. The internet manager assures me that as long as I have proof of the price that they would be able to beat it by $100. She then goes on to tell me that she forgot that it had the red intercooler piping and racing e-brake handle on the car. She then hands the phone to the manager, and I asked him how much those parts were. He said $495 for the red piping and $395 for the e-brake handle. What a joke. I asked him if they could take it off, and he said sure. He said to come up and check out the car.

I then take off on my 3 hour drive up to Libertyville, hoping that this would not be a waste of my time. I get to the dealership, take a look at the car, and immediately notice it only has the side skirts from the aero kit. This is just ridiculous. I talked to the internet manager that I had been talking to the entire time and she said well I thought this was the aero kit. I just said well I need the front lip, rear air dams, rear spoiler extension, and the brake ducts. She goes and gets the GM. He goes in back and after about 20 minutes comes out showing me a price sheet for those items. I then tell him I'm not paying anything over $xx,xxx. He looks at me and says well this is what this costs blah blah blah. He explains to me the labor involved to take off the parts and put the stock ones on, and to order the aero kit and put those parts on. They then ask for my "proof of price." I hand him an invoice sheet with the pricing on it signed by both me and the salesman from the dealership here. I also tell him I have a voicemail on my phone stating that price that corresponds to the salesman's business card. The GM of Libertyville then goes back and calls the GM from the dealer by me. He comes back out and starts pricing things. I then again state that I am not paying anything over $XX,XXX. He then tells me "This isn't good enough proof." The GM there said they agreed to this price, but he cannot produce this exact car. He also said he knew that his sales manager agreed to the pricing, but said that he could not do it. I then said to him "Neither can you, you obviously lied to get me up here." I think they figured that once I got there I wouldn't care and would buy the car as is. He then shows me a "bill of sale" and said that that would have been proper proof. I then tell him that those are usually only used when you go to your bank to get a loan. He then shows me what he wants for a car. I just stood up and turned around. He then tries to tell me a story about a trucker trying to buy three cars for his business. I chose not to listen to this bs, shook the internet sales manager's hand, and walked out.

They wanted me to pay $3800 over what they had told me would be the price otd. What a joke.

Last edited by aftershock141; Dec 4, 2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Libertyville Mitsubishi Burn it down...
Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:37 AM
sly
Evolved Member

Wow man sorry. I have been looking for a car too but every one has been over pricing when u get there they add stuff lol. Like one guy wanted me to pay $800 for the clear front bra on the evo 8 LOL $800
Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that just sucks man, having to drive 3 hours! i would have been pulling my hair.

Last edited by beetle_orange; Nov 2, 2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

I had the same BS experience with Grand Mitsubishi. They lied to me just to get me in the door.

I ended up buying a loaded GG GSR X from Schaumburg Mitsubishi. They were GREAT to deal with. Not the lowest price in the world, but its worth it to pay a little more to buy from a respectful dealership.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow dude, whatta sham...mebee you should set your standards a little lower...j/k
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

wow sorry you had to deal with that... Screw mitsu dealers.. Nice cars horrible employees for the most part..
Old Nov 2, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

libertyville mitsu is ghey....dont go to them for anything, they are a complete joke
Old Nov 2, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

I had a bad experience with that dealership as well. I would never go to them again and not recommend them to anyone. They had some of the rudest sales people and managers I have ever met.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:23 PM
Ike
Evolving Member

Let me guess, you were dealing with Lisa Webb? She's decent, but her manager was a bit shady and they kept pestering me even though it was clear they were never going to get anywhere near the price they needed to in order to sell me a car.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

all i hear is bad news about that dealear. and that the customer service is compeleat
Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ike
Let me guess, you were dealing with Lisa Webb? She's decent, but her manager was a bit shady and they kept pestering me even though it was clear they were never going to get anywhere near the price they needed to in order to sell me a car.
Yep.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:11 AM

This is in response to "aftershock141." I recently purchased my 2008 Evo MR from Libertyville Mitsubishi. I delt with Lisa Webb and her manager Nate Griffin. I can honestly tell you that my experience was a pleasant one. Pricing was reasonable for this car and I also added the Aero Kit to my car. I will be adding pictures later as I plan to do some upgrades to the engine and brakes. As to the comments made by "aftershock141," I would have to say shame on you for not having all of your information in order prior to driving three hours for nothing. I traded in a very clean 30K Saleen and after 6 months of research and fair and reasonable process I walked out of there happy. It sounds like "aftershock141" is a big baby. You mentioned $3800 over invoice OTD which stands for out the door. Duh!! You have to pay taxes and fees that dealers have to charge you. Your taxes alone are over $2000.00 depending on where you live. I have purchased a lot of cars over the years and this is part of buying a car, you have to pay taxes and fees. Before you buy an expensive car such as this, make sure you have all of your facts and figures. A lot of dealerships blow smoke at you just to get you to walk in the door. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I plan to purchase another Evo for my son next year from the people at Libertyville Mitsubishi because my experience was a pleasant one. People like you give dealers a bad reputation because you have unrealistic expectations. It sounds like you were the one feeding all of the "bs" so grow up!

p.s. Did you buy a car yet?????

Last edited by midlifecrisis13; Dec 3, 2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis13
This is in response to "aftershock141." I recently purchased my 2008 Evo MR from Libertyville Mitsubishi. I delt with Lisa Webb and her manager Nate Griffin. I can honestly tell you that my experience was a pleasant one. Pricing was reasonable for this car and I also added the Aero Kit to my car. I will be adding pictures later as I plan to do some upgrades to the engine and brakes. As to the comments made by "aftershock141," I would have to say shame on you for not having all of your information in order prior to driving three hours for nothing. I traded in a very clean 30K Saleen and after 6 months of research and fair and reasonable process I walked out of there happy. It sounds like "aftershock141" is a big baby. You mentioned $3800 over invoice OTD which stands for out the door. Duh!! You have to pay taxes and fees that dealers have to charge you. Your taxes alone are over $2000.00 depending on where you live. I have purchased a lot of cars over the years and this is part of buying a car, you have to pay taxes and fees. Before you buy an expensive car such as this, make sure you have all of your facts and figures. A lot of dealerships blow smoke at you just to get you to walk in the door. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I plan to purchase another Evo for my son next year from the people at Libertyville Mitsubishi because my experience was a pleasant one. People like you give dealers a bad reputation because you have unrealistic expectations. It sounds like you were the one feeding all of the "bs" so grow up!

p.s. Did you buy a car yet?????
You signed up just to post this? I'm pretty sure you have no connection to the dealership.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Mitsu dealers suck all around, and when customers walk in, they know more about the car then the dealers do! Pathetic.... maybe re-look at your job description?

Quick Reply: Libertyville Mitsubishi; What a Joke.