Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Where to get window tinting done?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If u tint ur fronts my advice would be dont get stopped in Mchenry County. I live in Cary which is horrible as far as handing out tickets. Each window ticket i got from mchenry county cost me $110. Lake County cost me $20 each. They can get u for anything on the front but as a local officer told me "the cop would have to be a complete dick to issue the ticket soley for the windows" which has been accurate. I have to admit the only time i got ticketed for the windows is cuz i got stopped for other reasons, mainly speeding, and they gave me both. Never for just the windows so if u get them done be prepared for multiple tickets if ur gonna drive around like an ***.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 08:07 AM

This is from my personal experience. I only got ticket for tints is when i was speeding , changing lanes like i am on track etc. and i thaught which was fair
Old Nov 15, 2008, 08:44 AM

i had my tints on the car for almost 2 years. that was the first thing i did to the car. 35% on front 20% on back. Only received 1 tint ticket so far, and it was added on to my speeding charge.

I went to a guy named Nino. His shop is located in Arlington Heights. He does a great job and gives life time warranty. I only paid $170. I recommand him to everyone. All of my friends went there and are satified with his job. If anyone needs his number, let me know.

Last edited by dg1987; Nov 15, 2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Got my tints over 2 years ago at Midco tinting for 160 they have lifetime warranty sent my friends there too and he does an awesome job