Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Where to get window tinting done?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to get window tinting done?

I'm located in Evanston, IL (north suburb). i'm wondering if anyone knows a good place that's not too expensive to get my windows tinted.

how dark would you recommend? i'm thinking of getting 35% fronts and 15% rears since front side tinting is illegal in illinois, i've heard that if you tint lighter fronts, cops will be likely to think they're not tinted. anybody with experience?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Also looking to get tints... Anyone have any recommendations?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

lol blckevo8 u wanna get the stuff i wanna get done (tint and lights).
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

car smart in hanover park IL, i had my evo 8 tinted there and they did an IMMACULATE job, i have sent several friends there too and havent heard one complaint. I plan on going there in a couple weeks and having them do my new X. Hey, maybe if I call if 3 people want to do their cars, they will hook it up? haha, its worth a try
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why tint your car in the first place? evo's are always going to get noticed by cops - either by the wing or the exhaust you have...darker tints in the back never looked good to me anyway...g/l
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo4g63awd
car smart in hanover park IL, i had my evo 8 tinted there and they did an IMMACULATE job, i have sent several friends there too and havent heard one complaint. I plan on going there in a couple weeks and having them do my new X. Hey, maybe if I call if 3 people want to do their cars, they will hook it up? haha, its worth a try
sweet. i'm down. we should definitely try n get a discount with 3 of us. how much did it cost for your evo 8? and how dark did you get? any trouble with cops?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iota
sweet. i'm down. we should definitely try n get a discount with 3 of us. how much did it cost for your evo 8? and how dark did you get? any trouble with cops?
back in the day when i got them tinted, I paid like 230 or something, they were 35% all the way around. They raised their prices within the last 3 years and it has gone up to i think 250ish for all windows, ill have to call and ask what it is now and let you guys know. they do good work and its lifetime warranty, so thats why i'm not disappointed.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
North Side guys there is a pretty good tint shop on Foster and Western, right on the corner.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 08:18 PM
sly
Evolved Member

WRong i talked to cop who said they will issue a ticket no matter how much percentage tint u have in the front.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

oh as far as cops, doesnt matter if you have window tint or an exhaust, or no front license plate, if you get stopped you get stopped. just dont do any moving violations...
Old Nov 5, 2008, 08:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Just like driving around with no front plate you're rolling the dice every time you hop in your car and go for a drive. Some may get away with it for years without problems, but you may get nailed driving home from getting your tints put on.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by beemerfreak
North Side guys there is a pretty good tint shop on Foster and Western, right on the corner.
oh well, i'm willing to take the risk, maybe i'll get f*cked by cops the next day. we'll see.

what's the shop on foster and western called? thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iota
oh well, i'm willing to take the risk, maybe i'll get f*cked by cops the next day. we'll see.

what's the shop on foster and western called? thanks.
I don't know the name but everyone recommends this shop to me.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by beemerfreak
I don't know the name but everyone recommends this shop to me.
i looked for autoshops near that intersection and nothing came up exactly on the corner, but there were several shops on western close by. auto sound barrier? Car-X Auto? Joseph Auto Mall? S & D?

would you mind checking with your sources the name of the shop? i don't wanna go to the wrong one lol.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

when i got my tints i got them around this time last year. and the cops diddnt give me any trouble the whole winter. then summer came along and it was about 95 out so i thought it was a god idea for ac. then 5 minuts down the road i get pulled over and given a ticket.