Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Clutch install in Colorado?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch install in Colorado?

I have a 2003 EVO VIII with 60K and the clutch is finally starting to slip. I need to find someone to install a new clutch for a reasonable price. This car has never been to the dealer and when I found out how much they wanted to do it I figured I could do better elsewhere. I can pay cash or even consider a partial trade for some nice wheels (I have 3 sets) and tires. I am in Pueblo/Colorado Springs area. Any ideas? I have a barely used OEM clutch assembly from another EVO VIII that I would like installed. Help a brother out. Thanks. Just need a lead on who does this and can be trusted to do a decent job.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:50 PM
brp
Evolving Member

if you want someone down there i would contact Jack at Jacks's Transmissions, they are a shop down there in the springs. if you dont mind driving a bit and if you can wait till after the 6th i can do it for you up here in Boulder at Foothills Performance, other than that i wouldn't really recommend any other shops in the area.

shop me a pm if you have any other question and check out the link in my sig, that is where all the local evo's hang out
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:29 PM

Thanks, that's a big help. Have you ever heard of Carsperformance in Lakewood? Someone else on this website mentioned them. I will check out Jack's. If you can pm me with a price to install an OEM clutch for the EVO VIII ( I already have one) I do get up to Boulder every once in a while, if this could be done in one day. After the 6th is fine.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

if your close to albuquerque nm man my guy can do it for you for cheap pm me if your interested
Old Dec 26, 2008, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by aka03
if your close to albuquerque nm man my guy can do it for you for cheap pm me if your interested
Who's your buddy?? I'm going to be in the market for a clutch pretty soon. PM me back

Who all does evo work on the side here in abq?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the offer, aka 03, but I don't get to Albuquerque much these days. I am going to try one on the Colorado options suggested here.