Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Apm racing - come check us out!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm...I see the deal after I just ordered some Stance's...uhgg haha.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 03:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by aftershock141
Hmm...I see the deal after I just ordered some Stance's...uhgg haha.
Im sure you will love the coilovers, they are the perfect street/track coilover for someone that wants performance but is on a budget.

If you need anything else just let me know
Old Feb 22, 2009, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

how much do you guys charge to install and set up coilovers?do you use laser alignment and scales? what do you suggest for people wanting to spend a little more on better coilovers?

thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 07:00 PM

I just wonted to say couple of things about apm racing.
Maciek is a great person when it comes to advice on modifying you car.
we have been friends for about 4 years and now i only let him work on my car.
you wont your car to be quick get quality work be treated like a great customer, he is the person to go to i highly recommend him to everyone.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by APM Racing
If you were ever going to stop by the shop, now is the time.... WE HAVE HOODIES!

Sunny sup bro how much are you guys asking for the hoodies large or xlarge im defintely intrested
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsm2308
^ he does street tuning
Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Street Tuning pumping out street BEASTS.
So, do you only tune for conditions that occur under 65mph?

Not trying to be a wet blanket or an old man (just turned 25...), but it seems that a tune done on the street (and more importantly, within the limits of the law on said street) wouldn't exactly be a complete "tune".

As a customer, I would be HIGHLY concerned about handing over the keys to my car to someone who is either going to:
-drive it on the street, presumably well beyond posted speed limits, in order to tune
OR
-claim they can offer a complete tune and obey all traffic laws.

I'm sorry if I'm making assumptions that are untrue, but I just don't see how a car could be completely(or even close) dialed in on the street within the limits of the law. Couple that with all the potential liability issues, and this seems like a Genuinely Bad Idea (tm). Feel free to correct any of my improper assumptions.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by derekste
So, do you only tune for conditions that occur under 65mph?

Not trying to be a wet blanket or an old man (just turned 25...), but it seems that a tune done on the street (and more importantly, within the limits of the law on said street) wouldn't exactly be a complete "tune".

As a customer, I would be HIGHLY concerned about handing over the keys to my car to someone who is either going to:
-drive it on the street, presumably well beyond posted speed limits, in order to tune
OR
-claim they can offer a complete tune and obey all traffic laws.

I'm sorry if I'm making assumptions that are untrue, but I just don't see how a car could be completely(or even close) dialed in on the street within the limits of the law. Couple that with all the potential liability issues, and this seems like a Genuinely Bad Idea (tm). Feel free to correct any of my improper assumptions.
Street tunes are prefered if you ask me. When you normally drive your car its on the street, not a room with rollers. Why not tune for the actual conditions it is used in? And Kunal correct me if I am wrong but the customer is the one to drive the car during the tune.

BTW 25 is not near old
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Just got back from APM great work Maciek ill be coming back soon
Old Feb 23, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
Street tunes are prefered if you ask me. When you normally drive your car its on the street, not a room with rollers. Why not tune for the actual conditions it is used in? And Kunal correct me if I am wrong but the customer is the one to drive the car during the tune.

BTW 25 is not near old
I think you missed the point I was trying to make(as well as the joke about my age ). I understand the benefits of tuning a car in real world, on-road conditions. What I don't understand, is how you can fully tune a car and obey the speed limit, regardless of who is driving, or do you meet all of your customers at GLD T&T?

My car was tuned in 4th gear all the way to redline (and a little bit beyond). Since an Evo would be going roughly 115mph at 7500rpm in 4th, I can only conclude that this is impossible to accomplish on the street without getting arrested, jailed, or worse.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

edit: I am no longer affiliating nor associating with with APM.

if you have any other specific questions in regards to tuning, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by inco9nito99; Apr 17, 2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by derekste
I think you missed the point I was trying to make(as well as the joke about my age ). I understand the benefits of tuning a car in real world, on-road conditions. What I don't understand, is how you can fully tune a car and obey the speed limit, regardless of who is driving, or do you meet all of your customers at GLD T&T?

My car was tuned in 4th gear all the way to redline (and a little bit beyond). Since an Evo would be going roughly 115mph at 7500rpm in 4th, I can only conclude that this is impossible to accomplish on the street without getting arrested, jailed, or worse.
We understand your concern and take many precautions when going on the road for tuning with a customers car. We are fully insured and like many other shops in the area, we obviously cant spend the big bucks for a dyno at this moment.

For anyone that would like us to tune their car on a DYNO, we do offer that for a small fee we rent out a local dyno.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I picked up a set advan wheels for my RS on sat, and hoodie, thanks! :-)

Last edited by tweakdsm; Feb 23, 2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
I picked up a set advan wheels for my RS on sat, and hoodie, thanks! :-)

take pics! now!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Guys we have 1 RR JDM REAR BUMPER in STOCK.... CALL ME NOW FOR AN UNBEATABLE PRICE... I MEAN UNBEATABLE
Old Feb 23, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great shop, funny guys, um great prices on parts, labor, my car is actually there getting worked on cant wait to get it... when u go there ask for sunny he'll hook you up...

Quick Reply: Apm racing - come check us out!!!!