Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Recommend a Chicagoland Tuner? Road or Dyno?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MissionSk8r21
Sending a PM now. I think Id rather keep the autronic.

Thanks for the feedback.

Somethings to consider, will you be paying $900 everytime you decide to add new parts and need a retune? Will the car be OBD-II compliant and pass emissions w/ Autronic standalone? What sort of knock control does the Autronic use? You might want to read up on these things before plunking down your hard earned cash. There are several people/shops that can tune your stock Ecu car and make the same power w/ better day to day characteristics that most stand alones can't compete with. Realistically you could learn to tune your own car for the price of a Tactrix cable, wideband, JDM Map sensor and some time reading on the forums. I finally wised up and stopped paying people to tune and learned to do it myself.

Good luck w/ whatever route you go
Old Apr 3, 2009, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definately go to Kunal with the Kuniiizzzeee Dial-IN
Old Apr 4, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

You should call APM. I know that they have a guy that can tune autronic. He is very good and he used to work on tunes with devo. Give them a call, they are great people, very motivated with great prices. Ask for Sunny or Maciek they'll answer all your questionns about Autronic
Old Apr 4, 2009, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Somethings to consider, will you be paying $900 everytime you decide to add new parts and need a retune? Will the car be OBD-II compliant and pass emissions w/ Autronic standalone? What sort of knock control does the Autronic use? You might want to read up on these things before plunking down your hard earned cash. There are several people/shops that can tune your stock Ecu car and make the same power w/ better day to day characteristics that most stand alones can't compete with. Realistically you could learn to tune your own car for the price of a Tactrix cable, wideband, JDM Map sensor and some time reading on the forums. I finally wised up and stopped paying people to tune and learned to do it myself.

Good luck w/ whatever route you go
Hey bro,

Adam@Devo was a big believer in the autronics and it has some good capabilities, much more then a stock ecu will ever be able to replicate. Ive considered self tuning, as I used to on SAFC's, but I feel Ill never be able to match a tune done by someone who does this **** on a daily basis. The $900 for the autotronics tune is a flat rate for a brand new map, once chris has tuned it I can return to AMS for retunes at a much cheaper rate.

Im waiting for PM replies from Chris@AMS, and APM Racing. Strictly modified tuned my WRX recently, so I will say they have good prices.

Anymore thoughts on a Road tune vs. a Dyno tune? And autronics standalone vs. Stock ECU?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to AMS or Strictly Modified. I'm speaking from experience I've had with EVERY evo shop around here.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 08:17 AM
Account Disabled

Street Tune by Kunal At APM racing

My car feels great and never had a problem
Old Apr 5, 2009, 08:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Adam,

Where ever you decide to go im sure is a good decision, I have sent you a pm hope to hear from you soon.

-Cisco
Old Apr 5, 2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Strictly Modified
Adam,

Where ever you decide to go im sure is a good decision, I have sent you a pm hope to hear from you soon.

-Cisco
Cisco I responded

APM, Strictly Modified, or AMS will be tuning my 60 trim. Gonna talk to each, and make my decision. Thanks for the feedback ;-)

I will post results when its complete.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:14 AM
Former Sponsor

This is Yusuf a.k.a. Flyin EVO 2. I've been running Autronic for over 4 years as well as tuning for over 8 years. I am now tuning Autronic ECM's for APM. Autronic has a lot of nice features that are not on a stock ecu and several adjustments that are not on an AEM such as injector end angle adjustment which can improve spool and low end torque without hurting your up top power band, a better anti-lag system, a ton of safety parameters for overheating, overboosting, ect, ect,ect. Autronic has been making ECM's since the GVR4 and has been used in countless rally cars for almost 2 decades.

I can honestly say that I have the most experience with Autronic ECM's in 4g63's in the Chicagoland area. We can road tune as well as tune on a all wheel Dyno Jet we have access to. It all depends on your budget.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by APM Racing
This is Yusuf a.k.a. Flyin EVO 2. I've been running Autronic for over 4 years as well as tuning for over 8 years. I am now tuning Autronic ECM's for APM. Autronic has a lot of nice features that are not on a stock ecu and several adjustments that are not on an AEM such as injector end angle adjustment which can improve spool and low end torque without hurting your up top power band, a better anti-lag system, a ton of safety parameters for overheating, overboosting, ect, ect,ect. Autronic has been making ECM's since the GVR4 and has been used in countless rally cars for almost 2 decades.

I can honestly say that I have the most experience with Autronic ECM's in 4g63's in the Chicagoland area. We can road tune as well as tune on a all wheel Dyno Jet we have access to. It all depends on your budget.
^APM is the best choice in my opinion
Old Apr 11, 2009, 03:42 PM

After talking with everyone, Ive decided to let Kunal @ APM tune me on my stock ecu. Ill post the results in a week or so.

Autronics Standalone + FP White Setup now for sale.

Thanks for the replies!
Old Apr 11, 2009, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by APM Racing

I will lay my reputation down and say that for autronic Yusuf is the best Tuner for that system in the chicago land area. Anyone that knows him and has seen his car can attest to his tuning skills in making that Evo fly.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by MissionSk8r21
After talking with everyone, Ive decided to let Kunal @ APM tune me on my stock ecu. Ill post the results in a week or so.

Autronics Standalone + FP White Setup now for sale.
Thanks for the replies!
Was that you that randomly stopped by today? Nice car, I had the other RS. Hope your wastegate is all better! I'd still recommend putting a ziptie on that line.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by PineappleMonkey
Was that you that randomly stopped by today? Nice car, I had the other RS. Hope your wastegate is all better! I'd still recommend putting a ziptie on that line.
hah yea that was me, love the wingless RR. Bunch of people went up to strats at night, still way to cold out tho.

The wastegate has mental issues. It has a 15lb spring and yet it likes to try and boost 25lbs........evil
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:19 AM

Are you sure it's a 15lb spring? You can test it by taking it off and attaching a line to it.

Quick Reply: Recommend a Chicagoland Tuner? Road or Dyno?