Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Have another car???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2003, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have another car???

So how many people around the Midwest are putting there Evo's away for winter? I wish I could, but I do not have another car. I need to get one. Then again I want to save for more power. Why can't life be easy?
Old Sep 30, 2003, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

I am, we have an extra car laying around so I'll drive that.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

A friend of mine is letting me keep it in his storage barn.
I just need to get a car cover.
I'm driving the Turd this winter. Oh well, at least it's got 12's.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

I've got my old Camaro sitting around but I think we are tarping it to get it out of the way. it'll be a refreshing change having an awd car on winter tires as opposed to rwd on all-seasons. A whole 'nother league of snow drifting
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Why would you store your Evo for the winter? Have no faith in its rally heritage???
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HIGH REV
Why would you store your Evo for the winter? Have no faith in its rally heritage???
Not it at all for me and I would think most others. I just want my ride to last as ong as possible. When winter hits I wil be out asap to test the true reason of 4 wheel drive.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to buy all-seasons as it's my only car. It's hard enough to afford it!
Old Sep 30, 2003, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

i got my old raced out neon to drive...ha ha
Old Sep 30, 2003, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Call me the Puss., but my car never leaves the garage, unless it is going to RMR.

I guess my car still looks better than showroom condition, that is the only thing I can boast about.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

I'm definitely driving my car during the winter and many more winters to come! If you ever see a red Evo drifting on I-90 that would be me!
Old Sep 30, 2003, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

yeah next winter i will be doing the same
but i have my neon sitting around...dont' feel like selling it yet...might as well make some use of it
Old Sep 30, 2003, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

I have my awd Syclone w/M&S rated firehawks for the rougher weather stuff. If its real bad though....I just stay home!!The issue isn't so much the traction, or are you in control, its more an issue of looking out for other lamebrain drivers who may skid or slide into you and the undeniable fact that salty, grit covered winter roads are really hard on vehicles as well.

Had the Evo out in the nasty-*** heavy rain today in St.Louis and the advans with 10k miles surprisingly held like friggin glue!

N10S
Old Sep 30, 2003, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't had any trouble in the rain yet with the Evo. I just wish my dad would have kept his 90 GSX that we have used for winter the past 6 or so years. That car was a dream in the snow! Just point the wheel and it went. Didn't even have snow tires on it, just some Yoko H4 (or T4, can't remember). I live at the bottom of a nasty hill which most cars can't get up with snow on the ground, but that little car would just scream right up with no problems.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Ha, I actually did have a little trouble after myearlier post. I was switching lanes and caught a little stnding water and I could eel the front skate a little. I wasn't really accelerating though at the time. I know that boomn29 experienced some hydroplaning the other day as well. Guess you just can't be totally certain of the AWD grip in the rain!

Btw- I was talking with boomn29 the other day about tires and was able to confirm some pricing on some Kuhmo all-season tires in our 17/235/45 stock tire size. I told Chuck at Adrenaline that there might be a few people interested in some all-seasons and asked if he could quote us a deal.

He called me back and said that his distributor had 3sets of tires in inventory and that if we had three people interested we could get the tires at $105 ea x 4=$420 before tax. He also said he could do a dismount and remounting and balancing the new tires for $40 a car.

I don't have the model tire, but I do know it is in the stock size/profile. If anyone is interested in this deal let me know and we can get things lined-up! I was thinking about the deal, because it is priced nicely, but am also considering a full-on winter tire as well.

Btw- If only one person wants a set of the Kuhmos, the cost is still going to only be $115 per tire, with the same mount and balance deal.

N10S
Old Oct 2, 2003, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

I am driving my car every day every chance I can until it drops. Then it's on to the next car. I don't see any reason to hang on to an '03 Evo. There will be something we never even thought of five years from now and it will make us almost turn up our noses at an '03 Evo. The Evo is the best car available today, but when something better comes along I will be like C-ya!

I had a 1993 Mustang Cobra new in 1993 and it was a very respectable car back then. It was as rare then as the Evo is now (4993 built). I actually saw a '93 Cobra a few weeks ago in Chicago. It gave me fond memories, but there's no way I would rather be driving a 10 year-old Mustang than an Evo. It will be the same way with these Evos in five years.

Enjoy your Evo to the fullest and then move on.

Quick Reply: Have another car???