Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

intrest in meets around crystal lake ,l.i.t.h area?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Ok because some yellow WRX guy works there
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sonicrx
cary is not far away. and as for the yellow car i just got tired of people trying to race me. it was to the point cars gave up ,and then the bikers started up won some cash with those guys haha also lost some but i parted it out so no one would own the car. haha i also liked the way the new evo's looked since i am older i did not want to be in a boxy racer boy car.. i love the look of the older evo's i just don't look good in them 43 yrs old. body is getting old but young at heart haha. besides my racing side would have loved a 9 but none were found unmodded,so the more adult side got the 10
because they dont even know wtf evo is..thats why, you would get treated differenty in europe.

;
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
here is what mine looked like sorry for the bad pic
Attached Thumbnails intrest in meets around crystal lake ,l.i.t.h area?-p1010581-copy.jpg  
Old Sep 16, 2009, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cary is not far away. and as for the yellow car i just got tired of people trying to race me. it was to the point cars gave up ,and then the bikers started up won some cash with those guys haha also lost some but i parted it out so no one would own the car. haha i also liked the way the new evo's looked since i am older i did not want to be in a boxy racer boy car.. i love the look of the older evo's i just don't look good in them 43 yrs old. body is getting old but young at heart haha. besides my racing side would have loved a 9 but none were found unmodded,so the more adult side got the 10

Hey.... I'm 43 and this is my second '03 EVO!!!!
I've had a lot of cars ('87 G.N.X. not Grand National, '89 TTA, 1996 Grand Sport Conv't .... etc.)

Of all those "cool cars" my 6 and 11yo kids can enter and exit this 4dr. crapbox easily AND see out! I love my EVO. lol.

Oh... and MR. evoX guy... My payment is $172/month! (beating chest...)lol
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:02 PM

Screw the meet-up... Let's go to Union Grove or Byron....
Anybody else up for that?

A few years back there was a caravan of evo's that I saw around randall/rackow rd....
Sounded too cool....
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:04 PM

here is what mine looked like sorry for the bad pic
Puttin' the hurt on bikes!?! Harleys? Or you hadda helluva sleeper there. Any 600 with a good jockey is in the 10's @126 or so....
Fast Sooberooh.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by hoof hearted
Puttin' the hurt on bikes!?! Harleys? Or you hadda helluva sleeper there. Any 600 with a good jockey is in the 10's @126 or so....
Fast Sooberooh.
sport bikes harleys dont race,and had a passenger with me when we pulled a zx10 my car moved out put down lil over 600 whp on 100 oct
Attached Thumbnails intrest in meets around crystal lake ,l.i.t.h area?-p1010848.jpg   intrest in meets around crystal lake ,l.i.t.h area?-p1000973.jpg  
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:32 PM

sport bikes harleys dont race,and had a passenger with me when we pulled a zx10 my car moved out put down lil over 600 whp on 100 oct
wow. X PN SIV huh?

Woulda liked to see that soob.
musta sounded out of this world.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Screw the meet-up... Let's go to Union Grove or Byron....
Anybody else up for that?

A few years back there was a caravan of evo's that I saw around randall/rackow rd....
Sounded too cool....

Haha Actually I was a part of that cruise along with Sarah and Lucas (when they both had their VIII's). It was a blast! We started in Schaumburg I think and cruised all the way to Veteran Acres Park in Crystal Lake.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 02:49 PM

I think that girl Sarah worked at Best Buy in CL... Supporting that car+payment was quite a chunk of change if I recall...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:04 PM

sarah was a circuit city girl,paying for all her schoolin and spoolin
Old Sep 20, 2009, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Tell me about it......I hate going to school, working, and paying for an evo but when you get into the car at the end of the day......well.......that feeling is unmeasurable.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 08:55 PM

There is a big meet on Randall in the Sonic parking lot every thursday right now. It started off as a Subaru meet, but we've pretty much expanded to all cars now. We have the occaisonal evo show along with a honda, or random ford show.

Feel free to come by though. We meet at 7:00 in the parking lot just north of Sonic. I drive the only DSM there, but don't be intimidated at all cause we're all very friendly and accepting. Plus there will be a loud guy wearing a Subaru hat that loves to talk.

The first post here is usually updated with what we are doing at the time. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1672627

We also usually go to Luke's over in Carpentersville around 9 or so to hang there.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

was wondering how many people are from crystal lake ,lake in the hills area,and if there are or would want to meet once a week?
The last 2 weeks I have been meeting up with the subie guys on thursday nights. really cool, nice guys. I would assume you probably know many of them.

Originally Posted by Blinkhero
Depending on my level of motivation and the location I might be D
Shut up, you are going

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
I'll definately meet once a week
You would....

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Doesnt Crystal lake have some kind of car show/meet every Thursday?
They still do to my knowledge, but its just about strictly old cars gated off now. As far as I knew it was because they didnt like teenage kids driving fast between the cars reving at everyone and doing burnouts, thats why they kinda shut things down a bit.

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
im not far from crystal i can swing by...
i didnt know you city folk would actually come out this way

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Haha Actually I was a part of that cruise along with Sarah and Lucas (when they both had their VIII's). It was a blast! We started in Schaumburg I think and cruised all the way to Veteran Acres Park in Crystal Lake.
Naw, it was in St Charles, we were supposed to have a BBQ and they wouldnt let us, and Lucas called up the guys and okayed it for us to have it at Veterans Acres. SO much fun! Wish we had a meet like that this summer.

I think that girl Sarah worked at Best Buy in CL... Supporting that car+payment was quite a chunk of change if I recall...
Yes I did. I think I remember talking to you. You used to have the black 8 "MILF" that you in turn sold to Mitch. He ended up selling it and I actually still occasionally see it at some of the meets
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

sarah was a circuit city girl,paying for all her schoolin and spoolin
I worked at best buy for a few years before i worked at circuit.... nice rhyme?