Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

say bye to your front plate IL!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They can probably argue that $800,000 a year is justified by its help in traffic offenses generating >$800,000 in fines
Old Feb 1, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sure, but it's two different "they" here; traffic offences are a local issue, but this is state government (and $800k of state money being spent for very little actual return).

Local governments that bought equipment that can only read front license plates were both short-sighted (seriously, did anyone think this wouldn't eventually get proposed, and maybe eventually pass?), and were apparently only interested in targeting local residents (rather than people from out-of-state who might not have a front plate).

Which makes those local elected officials either stupid, evil, or both.

(Why yes, I'm having a crappy day. Why do you ask?)
Old Feb 1, 2010, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive never rocked mine regardless.... But now we can be as great as florida!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itsme4g63
But now we can be as great as florida!
Whoa whoa whoa hold on there... we still have ****ty winters, can't rock 5% tint on every window, and have no ecoli-free beaches

Btw Tampa's the armpit of the United States. Overall craptastic city.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Frankiago
Whoa whoa whoa hold on there... we still have ****ty winters, can't rock 5% tint on every window, and have no ecoli-free beaches

and we still have emissions
Old Feb 2, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

I've been out of state in the military for the past 6 years, I've only done one emissions test in my life... now I'm a little worried about it with the Evo.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago

They have good strip clubs though
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

FYI, the bill has moved out of the rules committee, and is now in the Vehicles and Safety committee. Also, Rep. Chapin Rose (R) is now a co-sponsor, along with Rep. Jerry Mitchell (R) who originally submitted the bill. The Vehicles and Safety Committee has HB4888 on their Feb. 10 schedule.

Getting out of rules is a big deal, IMHO. We'll see how it does in front of the safety folks, though.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have never rocked a front plate on any of my vehicles. I always keep it with me in case. if they ever ask about it, I just will say it fell off and I am working on a way to get it back on! lol
Old Feb 4, 2010, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

More chief co-sponsors for the bill: Reps. Donald L. Moffitt (R) and Sidney H. Mathias (R). All of these guys could use some words of encouragement by way of a phone call or letter to their office, if any of them represent your district.

(I'm hoping to see a (D) at the end of a co-sponsor's name at some point; that could help significantly with eventual passage of the bill.)
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I really do hope they passed this law. I had an interesting day getting pulled over by the police on Friday.

This is how it started. I was driving on Lake St. in the Roselle area and then all of a sudden I was turning on a street and I didn't know a cop was behind me trying to pull me over. He walks to my car, I handed him my licenses and insurance and the cop is like did you drive a Ford? I'm like what?! He goes did you know your car is registered to a Ford? I'm like how is that possible I just bought this car 4 months ago and got NEW plates put on them. He's like hmmm... and I see this guy walk to the front of my car and i'm like oh crap he's gonna see if I have a front plate. He comes back and he's like this license plate is registered to a Ford in DeKalb. I'm like are you serious? He goes yeah its not your fault the DMV does this all the time. I'm like okay I'll get that fixed. And then, he's like oh here's a ticket for no front plate. I'm like wow you d***.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 03:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah, not having a front plate in IL is currently illegal and has been for a while, don't be surprised if you get a ticket for it.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
oh i wasn't surprised at all. earlier last week i was thinking i can't believe i didnt get pulled over yet and then friday comes then bam a 30 dollar ticket no biggie.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i am just going to keep the car in the garage until this bill passes, problem solved.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

that sux lmfao

Originally Posted by EVOsoFRESH
This is how it started. I was driving on Lake St. in the Roselle area and then all of a sudden I was turning on a street and I didn't know a cop was behind me trying to pull me over. He walks to my car, I handed him my licenses and insurance and the cop is like did you drive a Ford? I'm like what?! He goes did you know your car is registered to a Ford? I'm like how is that possible I just bought this car 4 months ago and got NEW plates put on them. He's like hmmm... and I see this guy walk to the front of my car and i'm like oh crap he's gonna see if I have a front plate. He comes back and he's like this license plate is registered to a Ford in DeKalb. I'm like are you serious? He goes yeah its not your fault the DMV does this all the time. I'm like okay I'll get that fixed. And then, he's like oh here's a ticket for no front plate. I'm like wow you d***.

Quick Reply: say bye to your front plate IL!!