Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

WI-& ALL MIDWEST.. WANTED/LOOKING FOR quality automotive PAINTER and FIBERGLASS WORK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WI-& ALL MIDWEST.. WANTED/LOOKING FOR automotive PAINTER and MOLDING/FIBERGLASS WORK

WANTED/LOOKING FOR quality automotive PAINTER and 'FIBERGLASSER' or whatever to MOLD in the rear quarters and trunk extension(fiberglass work)

I am looking for a quality automotive painter and fiberglasser- either seperate OR a paint shop/person who does fiberglass work also.

***I have to have spinal fusion so... (why i had to sell my evo):
-I have no major deadline-can be very flexible
-I also do not mind waiting until space/open schedule.
-***this could be FILL IN work if your shop is full and ability to take your time/no rush or deadline. aka take a month or two, costs less, use it as fill-in work around other shop projects.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAINT:
This is for a smaller 1991 Toyota MR2-so the body is quite small. It is white currently- and has Ttops which means even less area to paint (combined with being a small 2door runabout)

MOLDING-FIBERGLASS/BODYKIT INSTALL:
The fiberglass work is for a 13 piece TRD widebody (2000GT kit)
This is made by toyota racing development so the fitment is great. The molding and hanging of the fiberglass work is mainly needed on the rear fenders and small trunk extension-not much.

I have MANY pictures of the kit installed on other MR2, along with ones of the whole kit lined up off the car-plus mid-progress pictures of others having it installed.

Attached Thumbnails WI-& ALL MIDWEST.. WANTED/LOOKING FOR quality automotive PAINTER and FIBERGLASS WORK-img_3852.jpg   WI-& ALL MIDWEST.. WANTED/LOOKING FOR quality automotive PAINTER and FIBERGLASS WORK-img_3857.jpg   WI-& ALL MIDWEST.. WANTED/LOOKING FOR quality automotive PAINTER and FIBERGLASS WORK-img_3868.jpg   WI-& ALL MIDWEST.. WANTED/LOOKING FOR quality automotive PAINTER and FIBERGLASS WORK-img_3866.jpg   WI-& ALL MIDWEST.. WANTED/LOOKING FOR quality automotive PAINTER and FIBERGLASS WORK-img_3867.jpg  

Last edited by RED DEMON; Mar 24, 2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck with that, <3 MR2s I had a buddy who had one which was higher horsepower, he was afraid to drive it.

Hope your recovery is quick and that everything works out painlessly.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

Thanks Brian! I have alwas loved em too-even when I was a little kid haha.

I can't wait to get the TRD 2000gt kit on-I have the 5sfe 2.2 na not the 2.0 3sgte fi. But I did that intentionally because I plan to do the "Frankenstein" engine swap-instead of doing the 3sgte -I'm going to do tha 2.2 block with the 3sgte head. Almost a "5sgte" as some call it.

Honestly for the black one-I wanted to use it as a test car/test fit to do....a 4g63 EVO engine swap into a mr2! Issue would be the midengine- transmission being in opposite way or some type of pulley system to change gears "backwards". I think av4g63 mr2 would be crazy fun even with just a evo9 turbo or 10.5 hotside- power to weight ratio would be ridculous!!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Was your buddies mr2 red with supra wheels? I saw one on these forums that was like that with the same "5sgte" I plan to do!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was red a long time ago, I think he ran with the holeshot dragger guys, but then it was a flat black ~4 years ago when it didn't move. He's passed since then and I haven't a clue where it went.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Damn that car sounds nice-Im sorry to hear he passed.

The red one with supra wheels that I was talking about (and saw on here) is: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...cs-my-mr2.html

Coincidentally he has the same engine setup I want-he calls it a '5sgte' - the 2.2L NA 5sfe block with the 2.0L FI 3sgte head.