Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Midwestern Council Blackhawk Farms HPDE - May 29th

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks everyone for making a fun and safe event! I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

It looked like all of the Evo's were driving fast and having fun!
Old May 30, 2010, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The event yesterday went very well. It was a great value for the price. Lots of track time and fun for all.

Big thumbs up to those involved with organizing the event!

Lots of Evo's showed up and looked to be having alot of fun. MCSCC should incorporate more of these types of events throughout the season.
Old May 30, 2010, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Midwestern Council is very much a competition based group of clubs so when they have a track for a weekend they will dedicate one day to wheel to wheel races and one day to highspeed autocross (both competitive events).

Only when we have a track for 3 days will they let me take a day to run an HPDE so that pretty much only gives us holiday weekends. Labor day I will be running another HPDE but this time at Milwaukee Mile.

Here's a video I took from when I managed to sneak out to get a few laps in the afternoon, nowhere near the speed of the evos.

I think the camera adjusted to me having the roof on and made it way too bright to pick up a lot of what was going on outside the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh7ZH7RHySs
Old May 30, 2010, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
yeah fun event for sure. my red brakes aren't even a little red anymore, just pure black.

Also, ATE Superblue isnt enough to keep up with a 300hp evo on street tires at this track.
Old May 30, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Same story with my wheels... Boo!

We need pics of the calipers. They look fantastic now.
Old May 31, 2010, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

If anyone that went has any feedback for me about the event. How it could be run better, anything that was unclear or anything you thought was particularly good feel free to PM me. I'm always looking to make these events better!
Old May 31, 2010, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

well done Moss.

A short classroom session for the newbs might be a good idea, the student I had could have used more help. Maybe a hand out or link to a document like this before they get on track. http://www.audiclubna.org/forms/Greybook-0206.pdf
Attached Thumbnails Midwestern Council Blackhawk Farms HPDE - May 29th-blackbo.jpg  

Last edited by cfdfireman1; May 31, 2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling and a pic added
Old May 31, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Well my apologies Fireman, I hope the ride wasn't too scary. Thank you very much also with the help instructing!

Thanks for the link. I'm gonna see if I can steal some of that and possibly produce a handout like you suggested.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Alex & other volunteers/instructors: haven't gotten to post until now, but wanted to say thanks again for putting on an awesome event! The X was finally in it's element on this track. Wish I could have gone out to play with the other evos, vipers and vettes, but maybe next time.

The only thing I should have done ahead of time was make sure to get a set of track pads and the best fluid available. Hawk HP+ and Racing Blue didn't cut it with multiple triple-digit to sub-50mph corners per lap. Maybe a standard safety reminder about pumping the brakes when they go out would be been good too, for those of us who forget that in the heat of the moment .

Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Were there any other videos posted yet from Sat? The tach and speed feature are really helpful there.

I just realized I'm going to be in S. America over labor day so will miss out on MKE Mile .
Old Jun 1, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tractionlimit
Alex & other volunteers/instructors: haven't gotten to post until now, but wanted to say thanks again for putting on an awesome event! The X was finally in it's element on this track. Wish I could have gone out to play with the other evos, vipers and vettes, but maybe next time.

The only thing I should have done ahead of time was make sure to get a set of track pads and the best fluid available. Hawk HP+ and Racing Blue didn't cut it with multiple triple-digit to sub-50mph corners per lap. Maybe a standard safety reminder about pumping the brakes when they go out would be been good too, for those of us who forget that in the heat of the moment .

that sure was a fun but short chase we had going.

when i was instructing, i told the student to always do a quick tap on the brake right before turn 7 and turn 1. I should have listened to my own advice as later in the day I lost the brake pedal completely. I boiled my fresh ATE super blue while on street tires and only on my 6th or so lap. Ended up flying off turn 7 and magically didnt hit a tree.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPEWDAgHvfo
Old Jun 10, 2010, 10:38 AM

i had a blast that day. my brake fluid overheated and i lost my brakes. i went off at turn 7 on my very last session. you can actually see my car in the video from EVOizmm at about 3:17. hope to see that many evos at every single MCSCC event.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dg1987
i had a blast that day. my brake fluid overheated and i lost my brakes. i went off at turn 7 on my very last session. you can actually see my car in the video from EVOizmm at about 3:17. hope to see that many evos at every single MCSCC event.
You had the silver evo right? I did the same thing as you, brake fluid boiled and lost her in turn 7. thank god for the runoff!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 09:51 AM

yea, silver evo, no. 85. you guys go to alot of mcscc events?

Quick Reply: Midwestern Council Blackhawk Farms HPDE - May 29th