Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

! STOLEN 06 GREY EVO MR (Stock) !

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I read somewhere, that they though they knew who was doing it, but couldnt get any evidence on these guys. It was on some honda board, I think? The guy that had a major pat in taking them, got on there talking **** about he will never be caught, etc.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by 97 dsm 4g63
BlueevoIX how do you know all this?
Originally Posted by EVO196
Same Question I asked myself.....
Pretty easy to steal an Evo these days with the ECU modability we have available.

Advice I can give you guys is to layer the security. Thieves are not gonna spend extra time in your car once they put their ECU in and manipulate the ignition wires and it still will not start.

Other then towing or dragging my car it will not be stolen by starting it and driving away. Sometimes it pays to be an old Honda owner.

Sorry to hear about your car man
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any chance these are some of the parts?
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/2122723852.html
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and this is exactly why i want a GPS tracking on my car... thats the only thing worth buying.

No matter what you install in your car as far as security... if someone wants it, they will move it, whether it be a flat bed, a tow, or just straight up jack your car and get around security.

A GPS on the other hand, if they dont know where its located, they wont find it #1... and #2, as soon as your car is moved from its location, you're contacted via "txt msg(option1)" on your cell phone, and you know your cars gone, immediately. Then just follow the person that jacked your ****, and rip their head it, then call it a day.

tracking gps ftfw!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:13 PM

No matter what you install in your car as far as security... if someone wants it, they will move it, whether it be a flat bed, a tow, or just straight up jack your car and get around security.
Yea. Everytime I buy a car, the first thing I do is install a good 2-way alarm system. I've already put in close to $2000 in just the alarm system itself (including labor costs).

A GPS on the other hand, if they dont know where its located, they wont find it #1... and #2, as soon as your car is moved from its location, you're contacted via "txt msg(option1)" on your cell phone, and you know your cars gone, immediately. Then just follow the person that jacked your ****, and rip their head it, then call it a day.
I would love to have a GPS tracking system in my car, unfortunately LoJack isn't available/supported in the city I'm living. What are some other GPS systems you guys have and recommend?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:13 AM

just reading this thread gives me goose-bumps...couple months ago, some bastards tried stealing my evo. Unfortunately, they are unsuccessful though they damaged and stole some stuff from my car.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

sorry about your loss
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 97 dsm 4g63
BlueevoIX how do you know all this?
Originally Posted by EVO196
Same Question I asked myself.....
Originally Posted by badazztealcobra
Probably because his was stolen but found in the day after the theft ?!?!?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...-add-list.html

Exactly. Mine was stolen and found next morning and the details of how it was done was all so obvious.

-Rear small window broken and taped up with black duck tape.
-ECU plug wires hanging unplugged from the ecu.
-Ignition key housing and trim around it ripped off. And can be turned to ON position with a flat head screw driver.

Why else would they leave my car at some random location nicely parked ? I'm suspecting they are doing it in case the car has Lo-Jack or GPS tracking theft device. Leaving it behind for a day gives some insurance it is free from any tracking devices.

The cops told me that the neighbors called because they saw kids messing with my car. So either the thieves were checking it out for specific mods or neighborhood kids were checking it out because it was an Evo and the doors were left unlocked.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

This may be a stupid question but say you have an evo with an aem ecu, does it not matter what chip is in your key then?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

The $hitty part is who ever is behind it is probably a member on this forum.....
Old Dec 28, 2010, 05:55 PM

Yup, probably is...
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
They break the rear passenger (tiny) window to unlock the door and get in. Then they cover the broken window section with black duct tape.

Next they unplug the Ecu and plug in their oem ecu thats flashed to bypass the immobilizer chip. Finally they rip apart the ignition key hole to stick in a screw driver and turn it onto the start position.

Finally they drive the car off and park it at a not to close but not too far location over night. Next day or 2 they come back to pick the car up and take it to their shop.

The reason they leave the car a lone for a little while is a precaution in case it has GPS tracking such as Lo-Jack etc....

and you know all these details because? dosent anyone find this a little odd?

ahh.. nevermind, just red the post above.

Last edited by meat_EVO; Dec 28, 2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by meat_EVO
and you know all these details because? dosent anyone find this a little odd?

ahh.. nevermind, just red the post above.
I find this post a little odd
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:03 PM

beware of the "zero post" posters.........It sucks that youre car has been stolen. but it seems kinda odd that you come here first. ( I found evom 6 months after buying an evo )

also search the midwest forum here to find pages of evo thefts
Old Dec 30, 2010, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
^^Doesnt matter too much on the zero posts. They could be very active as well with 100+ positive feed backs. After all they have to sell the parts right?

I'm just curious where exactly are they selling these parts? They would be too afraid to post sale threads, probably they wait for a Want-to-buy thread or local word. Craigslist, the owners would be looking too often for them to get away with.

Well if you come across buying OEM parts with the serials shaved off, that should be a little self warning...

Last edited by BluEVOIX; Dec 30, 2010 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply: ! STOLEN 06 GREY EVO MR (Stock) !