Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

+1 for DevinTuned and Boostin Performance!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jblade
im late to reading this since i dont come on evom as much, but congrats kyle, definitely hit the nail on the head with regards to area under the curve and usable powerbands.

I just confirmed with Devin he can tune my car as well when im ready. great stuff!

Totally offtopic, but you're a moderator, sayyyyy whhaaaaaa!?!?
Haha, yeah, thanks man. I can't wait to get this car out-and-about again. Since the retune on the new parts, it just feels so much healthier; not a huge throw you in your seat improvement, but enough to make my butt dyno tell me the car feels better . Only one more month with the body-vinyls on it too, then I'll be back in stealth mode and nobody will recognize me on the road again

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
Oh ya, im ready when you are!

Kyles a moderator, thats news to me. Its got to be because hes such a bad ***, LOL

Kyle, when are we going to the track?

Devin
Yeah, super badass! Nah, I'm just trying to do my civic duty. The RA section was, and still kind-of is, a huge mess. It needed organization badly and we're working slowly to get it up to speed.

I wanted to get out to the track to test this new configuration on the car ASAP, but ever since that first weekend when they were totally wrong about the weather and I should have just went anyway, the weather really has been crap and I haven't been able to go. Early May for sure, I'll let you know, results will be posted here too, of course.

Also, I sent Keith with that clock for the shop yesterday when he stopped by, so don't let him forget it in his truck and manage to wind up with a new clock in his bedroom or something...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 05:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Ya the weather has been horrible out here. Im tryin to get our shop DD evo 9 to the track for a bottom 11 second pass, maybe this saturday. Ive got
the clock, I had to rip it out of his hands

Devin
Old Apr 20, 2011, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick question.... would you guys be able to install a new sub and amp /system. or you just do strictly under the hood stuff
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

newmitsuowner, if Devin can't, shoot me a pm with what you're looking to do
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by newmitsuowner
quick question.... would you guys be able to install a new sub and amp /system. or you just do strictly under the hood stuff
Wow that’s a really weird coincidence. My tech used to professionally install stereo systems a couple of years ago, so YES we can do it.

Devin

Last edited by Boostin Perform; Apr 20, 2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Wow that’s a really weird coincidence. My tech used to professionally install stereo systems a couple of years ago, so YES we can do it.

Devin
ok cool. ill fly out there saturday to have a little chat about price , parts etc... i pretty much have all the parts. i have the amp i have the 10in sub. hell i even have a small battery. i gave away the wiring. um. yeah. by the way, i would rather have it done by people that know the ralliart inside out than have best buy do it. hope the price is somewhat reasonable.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 04:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice, see ya soon!

Devin
Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!

Finally got the car out to the strip to make some passes, and I have to say I am thoroughly satisfied with the results. Devin has done it again!

Let me start by saying that the only upgrades on the car since last year are CBRD's new RA specific FMIC and a velocity stack design intake (both AMAZING products) along with a much-needed 3-port. And then, of course, there is Devin's awesome tune.

I went out to the track, not expecting much since conditions weren't exactly ideal, but I couldn't wait any longer. On-track temps around mid-day were hovering around 90*F and since I wasn't expecting to make any spectacular passes in the heat/humidity, I decided to run at full weight. I figured that maybe the 1/4 times wouldn't be the best, but I could work on my 60' and keep a close eye on my afr/boost coming down the track to see just how the new tune was performing and make sure everything was where it was supposed to be.

First pass, 10:47am, was a little iffy, as it usually is, and I managed a 13.07 @102 with a 1.79 60'. Not bad for being a first run.

Second pass, 11:11am, was run within a half-hour of the first, which was probably a bad idea because I probably launched the best I ever have, but the car hadn't cooled down enough so I got the "slow down" ss-t warning and mostly just cruised down the track once the clutches re-engaged and managed a 14.50 @ 77. On a good note, I guess, I managed a .066 R/T. I really wish I could have made a full pass with that launch because I feel like it would have been a great run.

So now I realize how much of a factor the heat is playing in my car's operation, so I park it and skip the next run group and wait for the car to cool a bit.

Third pass of the day is at 1:19pm, getting close to the hottest, nastiest part of the day, but the car has been sitting about 2 hours and is down to near-ambient temp. I line up and go. The car just feels like it hooks-up and goes. I don't really know at first, obviously, how well I've actually done, other than the 1.77 60' time I could see on the board as I was driving, but as soon as I'm hitting the turn-off, I get a text message from my fiancee and all it says is "yay". I'm like, wtf?

Overall, I managed a .097 R/T with a 1.77 60' and the 1/4 mile pass is a 12.87 @ 104!

This, again, is in 90* temperature, nearly 25* hotter than the day I made my personal best 12.79 on the old setup. This is also at full weight, over 100lbs heavier than when I made my 12.79 pass. And I'm within less than 1/10 of a second!

I managed a couple more passes before the day was out, but the temps would not drop and I got impatient seeing such good times that I wasn't allowing the car to cool down enough, so that was my best et for the day. I did manage another personal best on my final pass, though, which was a 1.76 60' that I think I can improve on even further if I can get the temps down and safely hold the launch a bit longer.

For such minor changes, I really couldn't be happier at this point. I just can't wait for a better day, or maybe even a night, where I can get some cooler temps and I'm definitely going to get back out and push for some of the best times that have ever been seen on a Ralliart with the tiny stock snail.

Thanks again Devin, and CBRD as well, for plastering a smile on my face once again!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Good times for how hot it was. I know Ill be hittin 12s as soon as I figure out my launch and can take so 1/10ths off my 1.96 60'. Devins tune is amazing.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:53 AM
Former Sponsor

E85 conversion for the fastest stock turbo ralliart record!! Lets do it!!

Your R/T's were great. You've got the sst launch dialed in, that's for sure.

I've got the injector pricing. I'll give you a call today.

Devin
Old Jun 9, 2011, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Do you guys do work on STI's as well? A 08 hatch?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 05:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlckEvo8
Do you guys do work on STI's as well? A 08 hatch?
Yes, we do work on STi's. Shoot me a PM and let me know what you're interested in.
Kristin
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

E85 conversion for the fastest stock turbo ralliart record!! Lets do it!!

Your R/T's were great. You've got the sst launch dialed in, that's for sure.

I've got the injector pricing. I'll give you a call today.

Devin
That's the plan bro, I'm really looking forward to it! I just talked to Kristin and got the quote yesterday so I'm waiting to get the thumbs-up from the boss, should have an answer by Friday. Cross your fingers, I know mine are...
Old Jun 9, 2011, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

So what is the fastest stock turbo quarter mile ralliart? Im thinking upgrading the injectors and pump for an E85 tune myself. Ill have to research e85 gas stations for my trip home though lol.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

12.63 was the fastest so far, i believe. Meth-injected

Quick Reply: +1 for DevinTuned and Boostin Performance!