Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

+1 for DevinTuned and Boostin Performance!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
UPDATE!

So I managed to make it back out to the track on a relatively nice day, much nicer than last time, actually, but still not perfect... oh well. No changes to the setup on the car since last time.

Anyway, temps were hovering right around mid-upper 70's with much-less humidity than last time, so it was about as good as can be expected until later in the season and closer to that nice crisp/dry fall weather. I had also found and fixed a slight boost-leak at one of my ic pipes (thank-god for wideband) a couple weeks prior and the car was running very happily. This time I also made sure I had the junk out of the trunk and I pulled the passenger and rear seats out as well; though I still had all of my accessories and everything else in-place while going down the track.

Very first pass of the day found me running a 12.711 @105.86 with only a 1.779 60ft time.

With a better launch (I've hit 1.68 before) and a clean run the car could definitely have ran a high 12.6xx, Still, this is nearly a tenth better than last-year's best pass with over 3/4 mph increase in trap as well; just from a FMIC, Velocity Stack, Boost Solenoid, and of-course Devin's magic touch.

I just have to say, once again, that I knew there was a good deal of improvement made in this car with these few mods, and now I've finally been able to bring some proof to the table.

Temps this time out were still about 10-15* warmer than last year's best run and humidity was higher than I would have liked, plus I have quite a few more pounds to lose on my fat girl, so there's still lots of room for a 12.6 or even 12.5 before the year is out. Remember I'm still running 93 pump gas for now, too, so e85 should show some decent improvement as well.

It would seem that my "unattainable" stock-turbo-11's goal is, albeit SLOWLY, becoming more and more realistic...

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Aug 15, 2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice man good luck with hitting lower times.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:09 PM

nice run buddy, i guess i have some more work to do now! i think my car will be able to the same runs with light weight rims and some suspension work! just need to work on my lanch more. driver makes all the difference and you have that lanch nailed down. i need to get to that point.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just another quick update: I made it out to the track again on Monday afternoon, 9/5, on the exact same setup. Still no changes to the car, just some better track conditions (finally!)

Ambient temps were holding in the upper 60's with little humidity and it was nice and sunny outside so the ground was at least holding some warmth. Also, we were coming off of an event weekend for the holiday so there was plenty of goodness left on the track.

Well, to shorten this as much as possible, I'll just get to the point: With a 1.74 60' time, the car ran a "record" 12.630 @ 105.50 on the stock turbo and straight pump gas tune.

There was one other car (Ralliart26) last year that ran a 12.63 but I'm not sure if that was stock turbo or stock X turbo or what, so unless something else surfaces, I believe this makes me (at the very-least tied for) the quickest stock-turbo Ralliart.

Big yet again for Devin and Boostin!!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 07:48 PM

i was there and saw this pass it was sick i was the next car to run after chi and long story short we both were laughing like crazy after our passes i just had devin to an evox swap on mine and ran 12.3. and all i can say there is still more in the car! big to devin and the whole crew at boostin performacne!!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Very nice, Congrats
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:47 PM

i wish i had recieved a dyno chart from my tune from devin.. but i absulutely loved the outcome! thanks boostin performance