Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Carbon fiber interior help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon fiber interior help

Any one know of a good local shop that does custom interior work? Mainly interested in wrapping my orbital kit and some other trim pieces for my IX in real carbon fiber. Yea I know wrapping doesnt save weight but its so hard to find carbon fiber interior pieces, im mainly doing it for looks thanks.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
"wrapping" will not be "real" cardon fiber.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evolucionando
Any one know of a good local shop that does custom interior work? Mainly interested in wrapping my orbital kit and some other trim pieces for my IX in real carbon fiber. Yea I know wrapping doesnt save weight but its so hard to find carbon fiber interior pieces, im mainly doing it for looks thanks.
You live in the mecca of interior modification territory....Chicago. There are so many places that do this stuff it's not even funny.

The best thing you'd be able to get is the 3M carbon wrap as far as pricing goes...there are people who do molds too but they are pricey.

Here is a guy that can do both for you, just tell him you got the reference from Mark@APM and he'll help you out no problem.

cory@chconceptz.com
630-313-0286

-Mark
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
"wrapping" will not be "real" cardon fiber.
I thought ive seen someone on these forums wrapping trim pieces in real actual carbon fiber because you can see the fibers at the end of the material and it has a glossy look to it. I understand its not the same as creating a piece entirely out of carbon fiber but like i said i want the looks lol
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by APM Racing
You live in the mecca of interior modification territory....Chicago. There are so many places that do this stuff it's not even funny.

The best thing you'd be able to get is the 3M carbon wrap as far as pricing goes...there are people who do molds too but they are pricey.

Here is a guy that can do both for you, just tell him you got the reference from Mark@APM and he'll help you out no problem.

cory@chconceptz.com
630-313-0286

-Mark
Thanks bro i will hit him up! btw whats up with the jdm rears? You should create another thread maybe? Seems like lots o people were interested!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:06 PM

Rexpeed used to offer real carbon fiber interior parts for evo VIII/IX anyone know if they still offer them? Or where I can find some? Wanna see if its worth buying that instaed of wrapping mine.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks bro i will hit him up! btw whats up with the jdm rears? You should create another thread maybe? Seems like lots o people were interested!
yeah, I saw plenty of interest, plenty of people eager to jump on and go for it but then I showed the price and poof...they all had other things to think about. I know of a few from that list that are still up for it but your right, I'll make an official version of the thread and see who's still in for it. Thanks bud!

Rexpeed used to offer real carbon fiber interior parts for evo VIII/IX anyone know if they still offer them? Or where I can find some? Wanna see if its worth buying that instaed of wrapping mine.
http://www.rexpeed.net/new2007/product.php?l_type3=28

This is all they have for the CT9A model evos...not much but it's better than nothing. If you'd want something from this then I can get it too, let me know, I'll work up a quote for whatever you'd need.

-Mark
Old Apr 21, 2011, 02:35 PM

This is what the evo community needs!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...or-pieces.html

To my knowledge no one makes a nice kit like that I know a lot of people out there want something like this!

Someone make this!!!!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
This is what the evo community needs!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...or-pieces.html

To my knowledge no one makes a nice kit like that I know a lot of people out there want something like this!

Someone make this!!!!
I would definitely buy this kit.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:11 AM

^ do you know anyone that makes it? Theres gotta be someone that can make it and possibly form a group buy!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
No. All the companies I used to know of either stopped making them such a Rexspeed or went out of business. There are companies out there that have vinyl stick on carbon fiber but I dont think it looks good IMO.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:50 PM

Theres gotta be a company out there thats willing to make these if there is a need for them! Anyone have any ideas? Wrapping with 3m dinoc is my last resort lol